Sign in to follow this  
edjr

**official** Olympic Games Tokyo -- 7/23/21 - 8/8/21

57 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Time for USA Basketball to go back to college players. 

I enjoyed that so much. 

What NBA team has Evan Fournier and barely lets him have the ball :lol:

10 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Watching women’s skateboarding; the average age of the “women” is about 13.  Seriously they are little kids out there.  Maybe they should let this activity actually become a sport before putting it in the olympics.  :dunno: 

Skateboarding is also in the X Games, where it belongs...  It should not be in the Olympics...

I used to like the Olympics. 
I used to cheer for US athletes. 

The woke folk like Biles, those that kneel for our Anthem, criticize the US flag...they aren't US athletes anyway. 

The Olympics is sadly the same as Pro sports now.  Woke and full of hoodlums. 

The Olympics used to be about athletes and competing. Now its about woke.  

Caught some of our ladies gymnastics last night. Those girls are insane, don't know how they do it. 

Watched a small bit of handball. Have to say, seeing grown ass men playing it seems silly - quick channel changer. 

We lose DeShamblow, cool - but replace him with a Chesta Chettah? Man, would have been so awesome if Koepka would have got the spot. 

Patty headed to Hiroshima 

i still don't get how basically just changing the team name to "Russian Olympic Committee" is supposed to be punishing Russia for being cheaters?

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

a 17-year old girl from Alaska just won a gold in swimming

A person succeeds even though they have nowhere near the resources that more "privleged" people do.  Interesting.

18 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

A person succeeds even though they have nowhere near the resources that more "privleged" people do.  Interesting.

Oh, so the Alaskan gal isn't white? 

Couples/doubles ping pong is insane. Like dropping 4 cats on a hot tin roof - everyone jumping all over the place. 

• Haha 1

Simone Biles.  Our black Olympic Savior.....quits on team.  

Had a bad performance and pulled out.  Maybe her bro’s could learn how to pull out too. Lol.

• Haha 2

Soooo Biles  LOVES the media attention when things are going well, using the platform to push for change etc etc.

Made lots of commercials, made lots of $$...but once things don't go quite as well as it used to we get:  I'm just so tired of how weak our youth is.  

"It wasn’t an easy day or my best but I got through it. I truly do feel like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders at times," Biles wrote. "I know I brush it off and make it seem like pressure doesn’t affect me but damn sometimes it’s hard hahaha! The Olympics is no joke! BUT I’m happy my family was able to be with me virtually. They meant the world to me."

This Olympics to me really shows me how our youth have lost their way.  They don't represent anything I resonate with anymore.  Kneeling for the anthem, disrespecting our flag on a world stage...balling about mental health issues...the new easy way out.  

What happened to fighting through adversity?   Taking your defeat like a true pro and congratulating the winner?  Showing that even in last place, you're in the Olympics and you will put out your very best effort possible?

None of that seems to be the case anymore.   Man...It really is a bummer.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

This Olympics to me really shows me how our youth have lost their way.  They don't represent anything I resonate with anymore.  Kneeling for the anthem, disrespecting our flag on a world stage...balling about mental health issues...the new easy way out.  

What happened to fighting through adversity?   Taking your defeat like a true pro and congratulating the winner?  Showing that even in last place, you're in the Olympics and you will put out your very best effort possible?

Fighting through adversity was replaced with empathy. Empathy has spawned an entire generation of giant pusssies. 

• Like 1

Woke.

Quitter.

Karma.

14 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

It is the overall pussification of America.  As a generation dies out and a new one comes along it becomes more and more evident.

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

It is the overall pussification of America.  As a generation dies out and a new one comes along it becomes more and more evident.

It really sucks, and I mean really sucks, to watch some of these events and just not feel the pride I once felt.  Some are still there.  I mean it's not all like this of course.  There are still literally thousands of athletes who bust their humps there and are someone I would be proud to say represent my country well.   

Unfortunately there is a growing contingent of the others....and it's a bummer.  

• Like 2

Women's gymnastics team still got silver.    Gotta give some credit to the rest of them right?

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Women's gymnastics team still got silver.    Gotta give some credit to the rest of them right?

Definitely.  I applaud their effort.   Good for them!

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

And thank God and Tokyo and ......she quit.  That's the story.

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Biles aint no Kerry Strug

Feaking vaulted on a broken leg!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

She vaulted on the broken leg knowing it might mean nothing to the score or mean everything. It ended up not mattering. But she did it.  We can toss Biles on the stack with the Women's soccer team.  

Hopefully this means we won't be seeing any more DoorDash/UberEats commercials of her and a ghey guy wearing her gymnast outfit.

15 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/27/sport/simone-biles-tokyo-2020-olympics/index.html

The symbolism of this can't be ignored.   While we as Americans cry about our "mental health" Russia beats us.  That aint the first time we will see that.  

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/27/sport/simone-biles-tokyo-2020-olympics/index.html

The symbolism of this can't be ignored.   While we as Americans cry about our "mental health" Russia beats us.  That's aint the first time we will see that.  

Yep.  You can take the tweet that Fireballer shared and place a Russian flag over the red guy and US flag over blue guy.

Russia rubbing their d1ck in our face is going to be an ongoing thing.

So Biles quit on her team in the team event. (Still will gladly take the silver medal home)

But says she is hopeful to compete in the individuals.  

Already being called a hero for quitting by liberal Twitter.

Can't make this stuff up.  The situation is the new America in a nutshell.  Soft and coddled.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

So Biles quit on her team in the team event. (Still will gladly take the silver medal home)

Can't make this stuff up.  The situation is the new America in a nutshell.  Soft and coddled.

The press is already in full court mode calling her a "hero" for quitting.  It's not even "unfortunate", it's "heroic".  Race card to come soon. 

Just now, TimmySmith said:

The press is already in full court mode calling her a "hero" for quitting.  It's not even "unfortunate", it's "heroic".  Race card to come soon. 

Yup.  Kerry Strug was "just a teenager" so while many are bringing up her name, many are calling the coaches etc monsters for having Kerry go out there like that.  HOW COULD THEY!!!   

It's insane how weak we are becoming.

33 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I was hoping (for her dignity’s sake) that she got inured or something.  But after watching the video doesn’t look like it.

18 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Yup.  Kerry Strug was "just a teenager" so while many are bringing up her name, many are calling the coaches etc monsters for having Kerry go out there like that.  HOW COULD THEY!!!   

It's insane how weak we are becoming.

Well technically weren’t the Karolyis implicated as covering up the Nassar scandal?  Maybe they were monsters...

Just now, TimHauck said:

I was hoping (for her dignity’s sake) that she got inured or something.  But after watching the video doesn’t look like it.

She has stated herself that she had to protect her mental health.