fandandy

What song are you listening to right now?

I've been on an 80s kick lately. Not the hair bands or the new wave, the sappy stuff. Lionel Richie, foreigner, Chicago, etc.

My wife had never seen dirty dancing, and wanted to watch it. I hadn't seen it in 30 odd years, so we did.

1. I never put together that baby from dirty dancing was played by the chick who played ferris buellers sister.

2. Had no idea Patrick Swayze actually sang that song himself. Impressive. 

3 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

None.

Has your gelatinous c0ck left you inauditory? 

Pick something.

Just now, fandandy said:

Has your gelatinous c0ck left you inauditory? 

Lol no just watching TV at the moment and might listen to some Todd Snider later though.

26 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Ok... this is weird. When you posted the rem, I smiled. John Mayer? Love it. Now you're bringing toad? You sir, have some fine taste. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

Did I mention small town hypocrite?

Link a song.  Something u love.  

3 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Link a song.  Something u love.  

Wait… now we have to :wub: it. You suck at directions.

1 minute ago, OldMaid said:

Wait… now we have to :wub: it. You suck at directions.

Just for Wiff.

Trying to eliminate the bull but now realizing that he could link 

39 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Waylon Jennings l- Best Hitts

Waylon is my fav and love his music. He has tons of great songs that wasn't hits as well.

10 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Waylon is my fav and love his music. He has tons of great songs that wasn't hits as well.

Met him once at a hotel in Florida in a hot tub with two hotties that were with him. Asked him his name. Waylon: I’m Waylon Jennings. Me: Right!  Waylon: Look over your shoulder. That’s my tour bus.  Black tour bus with WJ written on the side.  

Saw him at lalapoloza of all places. Great show. Nine out of ten of the kids had no fawking clue who he was, but loved him.

• Like 1

Never heard of this instrumental band until today.  They'll be opening for Dream Theater on their upcoming tour.  Not bad. 

I definitely got anally assaulted by Ticketbastard this morning when I bought tix for me and my daughter., though.  Fockers. :mad:

9 hours ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Met him once at a hotel in Florida in a hot tub with two hotties that were with him. Asked him his name. Waylon: I’m Waylon Jennings. Me: Right!  Waylon: Look over your shoulder. That’s my tour bus.  Black tour bus with WJ written on the side.  

Saw him at lalapoloza of all places. Great show. Nine out of ten of the kids had no fawking clue who he was, but loved him.

Cool story and saw him once in concert at a fair and he had Jesse singing with him.

On 7/25/2021 at 9:35 AM, Fireballer said:

Not well known to the casual fan, but a great one

Yup :thumbsup:

Also, I loved that this thread started with Neil Diamond 

The shyte some of you listen to ... I saw this Machine Gun fella ... I'm a guitar guy so I had to click the white triangle ... then wished I never had.  Some people don't deserve the ability to play a guitar.

11 hours ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

My father used to work at one of the big accounting firms nashville office back in the 80s. He tells a story that one year at the office Christmas party, he went into the conference room and found Waylon Jennings, who was a client, sitting in the floor drunk as fock screwing around on a guitar. He said he sat down, drank with him for a while.

Later, in the early 90s, he represented this guy who had a shop that makes extremely high end custom guitars.

One day he went there to get some docs signed or whatever, and the shop door was locked. I was with him that day. I was about 12 i think. Guy opens the door, let's us in. There's some old guy there playing a guitar he just bought. We hung out while they had some beers. Being 12, I had no idea who the man was, and didn't care when told.

Turns out that man was Johnny Cash.

36 minutes ago, Flipper said:

The shyte some of you listen to ... I saw this Machine Gun fella ... I'm a guitar guy so I had to click the white triangle ... then wished I never had.  Some people don't deserve the ability to play a guitar.

Sorry, some of us haven’t hit the "Get off my lawn!" phase of life. 💋

6 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Sorry, some of us haven’t hit the "Get off my lawn!" phase of life. 💋

Machine gun Kelley is a strong contender to take cardi Bs crown for “biggest no talent ass clown.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Machine gun Kelley is a strong contender to take cardi Bs crown for “biggest no talent ass clown.”

Normally, I would agree… but something about that song reminds me of the late 90’s stuff. So I kinda dig it.

5 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Normally, I would agree… but something about that song reminds me of the late 90’s stuff. So I kinda dig it.

Ok, on your recommendation,  I actually listened to it.

Easily the best thing I've heard by him. Of course, that is an incredibly low bar that could probably cleared by playing fart noises on a synthesizer.

That song isn't bad, although I wouldn't go so far as to say good.