Young:  have fun and learn

Middle: have fun, teach and learn

Old: have fun and teach.

All:  LOVE

• Like 1

We are all growing older.  

What is it?

What have you found it to be?

It's not stuff.  It's not accumulating things along the way.  So what is it?

You, today, NOW, what the fock is this all about?

Honestly, in your heart?  

For me, it’s not about changing the world or making my mark on it.  

I’m just focused on trying to make my tiny little corner as good as I can.  

Depends on your moral code

christianity: help others. A life lived chasing pleasures is a life wasted. Pretty much religion lite.  Asks very little compared to other religions.  
satanism: chasing pleasures. A life lived without fun experiences is a life wasted.  
shinto: there are 8 million ghosts, each of which can grant blessings or curses.  Life is about navigating these ghosts and living a life that ensures you get blessings not curses. 
buddhism: improve your soul over the course of your life and in your Reincarnations to achieve perfection and transcend beyond the cycle. 
islam: christianity with more precise rules. 
judaism:  christianity with a hell of a lot more precise rules. 
Atheism:  there is no set purpose uniting all atheists. 

23 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

For me, it’s not about changing the world or making my mark on it.  

I’m just focused on trying to make my tiny little corner as good as I can.  

Id classify you as buddhist. 

46 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Young:  have fun and learn

Middle: have fun, teach and learn

Old: have fun and teach.

All:  LOVE

This falls under satanism. 

26 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Good moments in your life. 
They may be few and inbetween but when they happen, it's not only cool at the moment, but one can hopefuilly reminisce upon those times. 
Unfortunately for some of us remembering the good times just ##### with us to how sh1tty our times our now in comparison.

Many times I'm in the latter group. Hence drinking to much Kewrs Light every fokking night to either remember or forget. Depends on the night. 

Also, I'm too scared of death to really talk about it.  Totally understand your questions, though. Just wish I had a better answer. 

Eta: also also what sweater vest said. Good werds :thumbsup:

Also satanism. 

Satans goal is to get everyone chasing pleasures their entire life.  That is pure selfishness. It marches great nations downhill into the shithole.  It tears societies apart.  

God bless you Justin, but there has to be a moment when you let off the gas, and there is not, and that makes me laugh because no matter what. even if you're right about it all, so what?  So the fock what?  You are screaming incoherently at the wind.  Stop.  You can't fix this.

The privilege of youth!!!

And the illusvve fish in the pantry hose I could never seem to find.

As I've gotten older,   I find it makes me happy helping others.  Not giving money  per se,  but doing things for them.  

Pay it forward. 

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women.

• Like 1

It's basically about doing something to improve the lives of others while you're here.

On your death bed, there are only two things that matter, what kind of relationships did I have and what was my purpose.  It's not about awards or achievements or money, it's about relationships.  What kind of a person was I?  What kind of husband?  What kind of friend?  Who did I love and allow to love me?  What difference did I make in the lives of others?  What did I give back?  Relationships, and commitment to a cause.

4 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

As I've gotten older,   I find it makes me happy helping others.  Not giving money  per se,  but doing things for them.  

Pay it forward. 

You are a fellow insurance guy. Was taking my continuous edeucation exam had a question that struck me. Two actually. Why did we get into this pfoffesion? To help people was my response. Next question was something along the lines of you didn’t go to school with the intention of being in insurance. Which I didn’t. My answer was I fell into it. And happy I did, see the previous question and answer. 

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

To spend time on social media and complain about everything.

To spend time on social media defending the liberal bullshlt going on in this country and the destruction it is causing. 

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

You are a fellow insurance guy. Was taking my continuous edeucation exam had a question that struck me. Two actually. Why did we get into this pfoffesion? To help people was my response. Next question was something along the lines of you didn’t go to school with the intention of being in insurance. Which I didn’t. My answer was I fell into it. And happy I did, see the previous question and answer. 

If insurance people really wanted to help people, they wouldn't steal 5% doing something that they can do themselves.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

To spend time on social media defending the liberal bullshlt going on in this country and the destruction it is causing. 

Disagreeing with the posters on here does not make me a defender of liberal BS.  Regardless of the jab you made, my post was targeted at all of us here.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Disagreeing with the posters on here does not make me a defender of liberal BS.  Regardless of the jab you made, my post was targeted at all of us here.

That wasn't directed specifically at you, it was an overall social media comment. :dunno:

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

That wasn't directed specifically at you, it was an overall social media comment. :dunno:

Yet, you decided to quote me.

27 minutes ago, vomit said:

If insurance people really wanted to help people, they wouldn't steal 5% doing something that they can do themselves.

I was an adjuster you puke. You try handling Katrina claims, auto and property for a year and then some, and come back at me with that nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

I was an adjuster you puke. You try handling Katrina claims, auto and property for a year and then some, and come back at me with that nonsense. 

Sorry I thought you were a salesman.  Adjusters are a rung up, I'll give you that.  Still it must suck to have to nickel and dime common folk to save some money for the big corp.

I think the best take on it that I've seen is the movie defending your Life.

Yeah, it's a comedy. But it's got a theme to it that seems as good as any.

47 minutes ago, vomit said:

When was the last time you or anyone else on this page read an entire insurance policy contract?  :rolleyes:

It's faster horses, younger women, older whiskey and more money!

Earn and hoard as much money as possible to spend on toys. 

Individualism :thumbsup:

Collectivism :thumbsdown:

Raping and plundering cities?

6 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

When was the last time you or anyone else on this page read an entire insurance policy contract?  :rolleyes:

I don't think I ever have.  point?

3 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

This!!! I dealt with hundreds of different insurance policies over a thirty year span owning my own business handling insurance claims. Common folk have no clue about it till they need it. Ignorance is bliss. And I don’t fault them. Insurance commissioners in bed with insurance companies are to fawking blame in every single state. It’s amazing how every third commercial you see on TV is an auto insurance company and the next one is an ambulance chasing attorney claiming they’ll get you 250,000 for a broken ankle. 

I think it’s different for everyone and the question isn’t really what is the point of life but what is the point of YOUR life.

For a lot of people it’s reaching a certain status either through work or socially, helping the disadvantaged or some other charitable philanthropic venture. For other people it’s overcoming addictions or their past. It’s just so different for everybody.

And even that evolves all the time. I mean as a kid the point of my life was to be second baseman for the Cubs. Now the point of my life is I’ve got three little girls that I need to teach them everything I can before they go out in the world. Do that and walk all three down the aisle and I’m good. I’ll have done enough.

4 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

<_<

My deepest apologies, sir.  I deleted my shameful post.  

• Haha 1