Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

"Woke" Why does the left see it as good thing?

Why is it considered a positive for a person to see race in everything? Why is it the first thing I must acknowledge is a person's race, sex, religion (so long as they are non-christian), and/or who they like to have sex with? What happened to judging a person on the content of their character instead of the color of their skin? 

Power. And many, many grifters are getting rich. In Bidens current “infrastructure” proposal there is 122 billion for anti racism teaching in schools. That’s a lot of loot for this crap. 

“It’s difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on him not understanding it” - Upton Sinclair. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Why is it considered a positive for a person to see race in everything? Its not. 

Why is it the first thing I must acknowledge is a person's race, sex, religion (so long as they are non-christian), and/or who they like to have sex with? Its not. 

What happened to judging a person on the content of their character instead of the color of their skin?  Still working on it.

if you look up Woke..the meaning is Alert to an injustice in society.  Do you consider that a bad thing?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

if you look up Woke..the meaning is Alert to an injustice in society.  Do you consider that a bad thing?

Yeah, thats what it is now. Shutup. 

42 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I think where we disagree is the perception of injustice.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, thats what it is now. Shutup. 

I don't know exactly how long woke has been used this way, and yes people misuse it.  Including the op.

10 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Maybe sometimes, but not always.  And if you think like you show in your op, you will overlook a lot of injustice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Herbivore said:

I don't know exactly how long woke has been used this way, and yes people misuse it.  Including the op.

Maybe sometimes, but not always.  And if you think like you show in your op, you will overlook a lot of injustice.

So by not treating people differently due to the color of their skin I will miss a lot of injustice. :wacko:

19 hours ago, Herbivore said:

When it's abused?  Yes.

19 hours ago, Herbivore said:

If you believe that is all Woke culture has done, you are sadly mistaken.

It's not a bad thing to try to become more tolerant and accepting of other cultures, and that was something happening without the aid of Woke-ism. After the Floyd killing, people were genuinely coming together, black and white, in harmony. Sounds hokey, but it was happening. Blacks and whites of different ideologies marched together and a discussion about social equality was budding. For about a week or so, the nation was healing, listening to each other, and making progress.

THEN the Woke-ists got involved. Militant groups and antagonizers rose up. Looting started, and burning. Cops were attacked and killed. Gone were the positive messages, replaced by extreme factions screaming for retribution and blood. The mothers and fathers of different creeds that were just marching together now had to scramble back home while Antifa and BLM marched the streets and attacked people for merely being outside at the same time they were.

There is nothing more terrifying to the Powers That Be than a united citizenry, and through decades of experience they know exactly how to manipulate people so the required amount of hatred flows among the masses. The Woke-ists are useful idiots, all too willing to take up the mantle and advance the cause for the powerful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

So by not treating people differently due to the color of their skin I will miss a lot of injustice. :wacko:

in a way

2 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

anything abused is a problem

We reached that point with "being woke", more than a decade ago.

1 hour ago, TK0001 said:

If you believe that is all Woke culture has done, you are sadly mistaken.

It's not a bad thing to try to become more tolerant and accepting of other cultures, and that was something happening without the aid of Woke-ism. After the Floyd killing, people were genuinely coming together, black and white, in harmony. Sounds hokey, but it was happening. Blacks and whites of different ideologies marched together and a discussion about social equality was budding. For about a week or so, the nation was healing, listening to each other, and making progress.

THEN the Woke-ists got involved. Militant groups and antagonizers rose up. Looting started, and burning. Cops were attacked and killed. Gone were the positive messages, replaced by extreme factions screaming for retribution and blood. The mothers and fathers of different creeds that were just marching together now had to scramble back home while Antifa and BLM marched the streets and attacked people for merely being outside at the same time they were.

There is nothing more terrifying to the Powers That Be than a united citizenry, and through decades of experience they know exactly how to manipulate people so the required amount of hatred flows among the masses. The Woke-ists are useful idiots, all too willing to take up the mantle and advance the cause for the powerful.

I don't agree with your account of the Floyd reactions.  I am not part of the woke movement.  

Just now, Herbivore said:

I don't agree with your account of the Floyd reactions.  I am not part of the woke movement.  

The Floyd situation was condemned by everyone when it first happened. Don’t act like that’s not what went down. Sorry if some of us didn’t think burning and looting and bricking cops and tearing down statues was an appropriate response or justified as many on the left said. That’s third world shite.  

11 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

We reached that point with "being woke", more than a decade ago.

has woke been around that long?

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Floyd situation was condemned by everyone when it first happened. Don’t act like that’s not what went down. Sorry if some of us didn’t think burning and looting and bricking cops and tearing down statues was an appropriate response or justified as many on the left said. That’s third world shite.  

No

1 minute ago, Herbivore said:

No

Which part? 

17 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Ewok!  

Be careful,  MDC doesn't like it when you call them animals.

30 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Which part? 

many had said the Chauvin was justified

Wokeness is just another way for lefties to flaunt their moral superiority and act like they care about marginalized groups. It's a red herring to cover for the damage they're doing to these groups themselves.

39 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Cool. You're a hell of a conversationalist. Anyone ever told you that?

Because you don't recall something accurately, that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

7 minutes ago, TK0001 said:

Cool. You're a hell of a conversationalist. Anyone ever told you that?

Because you don't recall something accurately, that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Actually, many times.  

30 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Technically, since the 30's.

I only recall hearing it in the last 10 or so.

I don’t see it as a good thing. In theory it’s not so bad but these kinds of things take on a life of their own and become some bastardized purity test

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s just a lie. You guys have been villainizing Floyd and praising Chauvin ever since 

Just now, IGotWorms said:

That’s just a lie. You guys have been villainizing Floyd and praising Chauvin ever since 

“You guys” ? And vilifying Floyd, which is deserved, he was a grade A scumbag, isn’t praising Chauvin. 

14 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

That’s just a lie. 

This is incorrect. Maybe it's true in here, but there were marches happening involving cops and black community leaders, all condemning the actions of Chauvin. They were shared all over social media.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TK0001 said:

This is incorrect. Maybe it's true in here, but there were marches happening involving cops and black community leaders, all condemning the actions of Chauvin. They were shared all over social media.

I’m talking about here. Most of these loons couldn’t even believe Chauvin would get convicted.

The vast majority of people felt Chauvin crossed the line... excessive force.  The problem was that the wokies, Leftists, and Democrat leaders pushed everything too far.  They tried to use this as the be-all-end-all proof of racism of cops against blacks.  It was a cop who didn't like / had issues with, a specific person.  It was personal, sure, but it wasn't racial.

People here felt that Chauvin shouldn't have been convicted on what he was charged on.  Involuntary manslaughter?  Sure.  Second degree murder?  GTFOH.  There was NO evidence or proof of that.  His conviction was political and nothing more.

32 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I only recall hearing it in the last 10 or so.

I had a liberal acquaintance point it out to me that the "Woke" movement started in the 30's and it wasn't new.  It got excessive during Obama's administration.

Woke is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies!

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 1:57 PM, Cdub100 said:

This. Instead of ACTUAL injustice it has turned into if someone feels offended then it’s automatically injustice. Because it’s “their truth”. “Their truth” and the ACTUAL truth are two different things. But they only care about “their truth” and if they feel it’s injustice then that’s all they care about 

9 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The vast majority of people felt Chauvin crossed the line... excessive force.  The problem was that the wokies, Leftists, and Democrat leaders pushed everything too far.  They tried to use this as the be-all-end-all proof of racism of cops against blacks.  It was a cop who didn't like / had issues with, a specific person.  It was personal, sure, but it wasn't racial.

People here felt that Chauvin shouldn't have been convicted on what he was charged on.  Involuntary manslaughter?  Sure.  Second degree murder?  GTFOH.  There was NO evidence or proof of that.  His conviction was political and nothing more.

This. They also HATE if you generalize people like blacks or Asians but they are completely fine with people doing it to white people, southerners, people who lean right, and cops. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

This. They also HATE if you generalize people like blacks or Asians but they are completely fine with people doing it to white people, southerners, people who lean right, and cops. 

Hey man  thanks for getting our backs. Appreciate it. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I’m talking about here. Most of these loons couldn’t even believe Chauvin would get convicted.

There are 15 people who post here consistently, you cannot post macro statements just meaning the 4 dudes here you disagree with.  That's dumb.  If you want to do that then quote them or @  them.