Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

"Woke" Why does the left see it as good thing?

34 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

There are 15 people who post here consistently, you cannot post macro statements just meaning the 4 dudes here you disagree with.  That's dumb.  If you want to do that then quote them or @  them.

You know who they are

• Sad 1

On 7/22/2021 at 10:44 PM, Herbivore said:

many had said the Chauvin was justified

Nope. There was  (near) universal condemnation. Re-read the first few pages of George Floyd thread where the story first broke. Here's a link.

On 7/22/2021 at 11:39 PM, Baker Boy said:

Woke is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies!

That's a brilliant synopsis right there.^^^

2 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Nope. There was  (near) universal condemnation. Re-read the first few pages of George Floyd thread where the story first broke. Here's a link.

There was also a lot of his knee was on his back and Floyd is a scum bag who had it coming comments..as I remember.  

On 7/21/2021 at 1:12 PM, Herbivore said:

if you look up Woke..the meaning is Alert to an injustice in society.  Do you consider that a bad thing?

I like Herbie, he seems to be a good dude and we like the same kind of music.  However this post is very similar to when in the Critical Race Theory thread @GutterBoyposted something of the sort  "Whats wrong with teaching kids about slavery?"

Statements like that clearly demonstrate naivety on the subject at hand.  Of course injustice as clearly defined is bad.  Of course teaching about slavery and history of such is okay in school.....its History after all.    The naivity (at best) or willful ignorance (at worse) is when they conflate that with what being truly "woke" is today or what CRT teachings to teachers truly is in every day practice.  

1 hour ago, Herbivore said:

There was also a lot of his knee was on his back and Floyd is a scum bag who had it coming comments..as I remember.  

No. That came days, weeks, months later as we learned more. On The first few pages, the overwhelming response was how focked up the situation was. See for yourself, I made a link to page one.  

When the toxicology report showed he'd had COVID and enough fentanol on his system to kill him three times over, people began to re-evaluate things. More so when footage of Chavin re-locating his knees to Floyd's back. It was only when Floyd's criminal history surface, that we realized he was a scumbag. Getting stiffed with a fake twenty then trying to stiff somebody else with it isn't a crime to get worked up over. Learning that he pointing a  gun at the womb of a pregnant woman while his buddies rob her house is where the opinion of Floyd soured.

By the time the case went to trial, as evidence came it, the guys were split. For the initial reaction to the video, which is to the point HT was making, most everybody here was on board that Chauvin had focked up. Again, see for yourself.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Herbivore said:

Dude was a scumbag. It sucks someone had to pay for him dying of an overdose.

10 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I like Herbie, he seems to be a good dude and we like the same kind of music.  However this post is very similar to when in the Critical Race Theory thread @GutterBoyposted something of the sort  "Whats wrong with teaching kids about slavery?"

Statements like that clearly demonstrate naivety on the subject at hand.  Of course injustice as clearly defined is bad.  Of course teaching about slavery and history of such is okay in school.....its History after all.    The naivity (at best) or willful ignorance (at worse) is when they conflate that with what being truly "woke" is today or what CRT teachings to teachers truly is in every day practice.  

I did also say in this thread that abuse of this is bad.  Woke culture has certainly gone to far in many areas.  As a culture it stinks.  In purity though it should be seen as a good thing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Voltaire said:

No. That came days, weeks, months later as we learned more. On The first few pages, the overwhelming response was how focked up the situation was. See for yourself, I made a link to page one.  

When the toxicology report showed he'd had COVID and enough fentanol on his system to kill him three times over, people began to re-evaluate things. More so when footage of Chavin re-locating his knees to Floyd's back. It was only when Floyd's criminal history surface, that we realized he was a scumbag. Getting stiffed with a fake twenty then trying to stiff somebody else with it isn't a crime to get worked up over. Learning that he pointing a  gun at the womb of a pregnant woman while his buddies rob her house is where the opinion of Floyd soured.

By the time the case went to trial, as evidence came it, the guys were split. For the initial reaction to the video, which is to the point HT was making, most everybody here was on board that Chauvin had focked up. Again, see for yourself.

I respect this.  My comment was more relative to the overall arc of the story, here but also outside of here.  a mostly relative to TKs comment.

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

Woke is good...it's not extortion. It's just making up for past wrongs.

https://www.dallasjustice.org/contact-us

That website has a simple contact section. Only requires first and last names, email, and message section.  Time to leave some messages for them. :thumbsup: 

On 7/21/2021 at 6:30 AM, Cdub100 said:

What happened to judging a person on the content of their character instead of the color of their skin? 

Sadly, the reason is once you start doing this, the correlations stick out like a sore thumb and it gets called racist which is in turn what is actually racist. You can say “I hate terrible parents, violent criminals, drug abusers and bad workers.” then they say “oh so you hate black people?”. Now think about that, who mentioned race there and who is actually the one being racist by correlating all those things you said with black people, lol!

4 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Always remember, there are two ways to achieve equality. Lift the disadvantaged side up, or tear the advantaged side down. Which approach do you think this is?

39 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Always remember, there are two ways to achieve equality. Lift the disadvantaged side up, or tear the advantaged side down. Which approach do you think this is?

We aren't advantage. Be careful the language you use.

4 hours ago, Fireballer said:

What is the college dropout rate broken down by race?