Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Kimchi

Now I’m seeing that sushi rolls are being deep fried. It was only a matter of time. Merica

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Kimchi is the only method ever devised of making cabbage edible. Good job Korea. 

This post makes me want to test drive a Kia.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Kimchi is the only method ever devised of making cabbage edible. Good job Korea. 

I beg to differ. 

https://ibb.co/2YQ0cY0

Kim chi varies from the true Korean rotted version to the American fermented version. I defy any of us to eat the Korean version.

6 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Now I’m seeing that sushi rolls are being deep fried. It was only a matter of time. Merica

Was it in Iowa?  Everything gets fried here, especially at the state fair.

48 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Kim chi varies from the true Korean rotted version to the American fermented version. I defy any of us to eat the Korean version.

When I go to Korea I always get it, I actually like it and it’s very good for you.

6 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I agree it is good but I like cabbage on its in merit as well. 

2 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

I agree it is good but I like cabbage on its in merit as well. 

Me also. Sauerkraut, Coleslaw, even boiled. A head of cabbage can go along way and many different ways. No wonder it's a world staple. Not something I liked as a kid. 

13 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Me also. Sauerkraut, Coleslaw, even boiled. A head of cabbage can go along way and many different ways. No wonder it's a world staple. Not something I liked as a kid. 

Exactly. Who doesn’t like red cabbage with their Wiener Schnitzel!!!!! and a side of spatzelle 

and I make a pretty damn good stuffed cabbage. 

I've put it on a Ruben Sammich before.  Was commercial stuff so it wasn't that gretta.  

9 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I used to dislike Cole slaw, but I was wrong. It’s great when done right 

4 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I used to dislike Cole slaw, but I was wrong. It’s great when done right 

Yeah there are some mass made slaw in vats that diners use that are terrible- but like you said if made right it’s great. Right amount of sugar and apple cider vinegar is key. 

On 7/22/2021 at 6:39 AM, TimmySmith said:

Turns out my favorite way to eat cabbage is freaking raw. I would much rather have that than tasteless bland worthless iceberg lettuce.

On 7/22/2021 at 5:32 AM, TimmySmith said:

i usually like odd stuff like kimchi, so i bought a jar one day.  it was disgusting, must have been the koren version.

lately ive seen it around and tried a bit and it was ok, like a pickle.  must have been the amercan.

On 7/22/2021 at 1:57 AM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Boy, am I on the opposite side of that. 

Cabbage is delicious.  Cabbage and Corned Beef?  Yum.  Egg Rolls?  Hell Yeah.  Heluski? You know it.  Kimchi is good too.  Raw Cabbage on a fish taco?  Fire it up.

Whoever doesn't like cabbage is demented soul.

• Like 1