Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Amari Cooper to PUP

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

As if it wasn't getting hard enough to get Lamb at a value...  Now he's probly in danger of being OVERvalued...

Cooper to Start Camp on PUP

Cooper was always going to start camp on the PUP. This non news does nothing to change his or anyone else’s value. Wake me if he’s still on it Mid august…

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

Cooper was always going to start camp on the PUP. 

Not according to the article, but then you probly know better than they do.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Not according to the article, but then you probly know better than they do.

I read the tweet, the implication is Cooper is expected to be fine. If you need help learning how to interpret information I got you…

13 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I read the tweet, the implication is Cooper is expected to be fine. 

Well of course he's expected to be fine.  He was always going to be fine, it just hadn't been determined whether or not he would be limited--or in this case, placed on the PUP--for training camp or not.

The dire implication, though, is that when people see Cooper being put on the PUP, they will start to overdraft Lamb.  1-2 months ago, you could get Lamb in the 6th, as like the 20th WR off the board, where he represented a tremendous value.  In the last couple of weeks, he's been more like the 10th-12th WR off the board, and creeping into the 3rd round at times.

NOW you're probly gonna have to pay WR8-WR10 price for him, which is really no bargain at all, and might even be a bit of an overpayment.

I think the professional ff owner won’t over react, so I would agree, today it’s nothing but a thing. 

Thanks OP. 😁

Oh no the sky is falling, Barkley made the list, I guess Bookers stock is now going to soar.  

🙃

Just to clarify, All these NFL players, and there are a bunch of them (pats have 8 ), that are going on the list are on the Active/PUP list. It is different than the Reserve/PUP list players go on during the season. It is essentially meaningless…

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Just to clarify, All these NFL players, and there are a bunch of them (pats have 8 ), that are going on the list are on the Active/PUP list. It is different than the Reserve/PUP list players go on during the season. It is essentially meaningless…

I hope you're right.  If I have to pay a 2nd round price for Lamb after this, though, I'm going to point and laugh at you.

I think Cooper will slip now and shouldnt, he and Dak have great chemistry. I will scoop up Cooper mid 4th and love it. 

I am in a keeper league and I have Lamb sitting there as an option. It would cost me a second round, and being from Dallas he wont make it back to 3.8... especially after watching him on Hard Knocks.  I have planned on keeping Mixon for my second rounder. One thing to think of is, its a keeper league and I have a feeling Cooper may be gone in 2023 or Lamb is just dominating the WR core. Dak will always throw the ball a lot. What do you guys think ? BTW I have Cook is my 1st round keeper, if I hand cuff him... maybe a high floor WR keeper option for the 2nd round might be better and grab a #2 RB in the next few rounds. Sorry for my selfishness on this thread. I know this question should be on the other forum. Any comments Axe, suggestions ? 

26 minutes ago, snatchit said:

I am in a keeper league and I have Lamb sitting there as an option. It would cost me a second round, and being from Dallas he wont make it back to 3.8... especially after watching him on Hard Knocks.  I have planned on keeping Mixon for my second rounder. One thing to think of is, its a keeper league and I have a feeling Cooper may be gone in 2023 or Lamb is just dominating the WR core. Dak will always throw the ball a lot. What do you guys think ? BTW I have Cook is my 1st round keeper, if I hand cuff him... maybe a high floor WR keeper option for the 2nd round might be better and grab a #2 RB in the next few rounds. Sorry for my selfishness on this thread. I know this question should be on the other forum. Any comments Axe, suggestions ? 

Costing you a second round seems a little steep, or at least no appreciation on market value--in a 12 team league, you'd essentially be paying for the 8th-10th WR off the board, and I'd expect Lamb to finish around WR8-WR10, so, yay, you got what you paid for, no more and no less.

I think you're right, though, that his value could appreciate in coming years, especially if Cooper moves on (but even if he doesn't)--but if it means he's going to cost you a first-rounder next year or something, I think you'd be hard-pressed to keep him another year, paying for that appreciation before it has even happened yet.  So it might not make sense to keep him long-term, either--unless he really goes off this year or something.

If you can continue to keep him for a 2nd round pick ad infinitum, then yeah, the future looks bright.

Kinda sucks that you have Cook as your RB1, though, but I'm not sure Mixon is any more reliable.  Holding both Cook AND Mixon seems like a one-way ticket to "Questionable" hell.  But if you have no reasonable expectation of keeping Lamb beyond this year anyway, then yeah, Mixon is the higher-value keeper.

17 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Costing you a second round seems a little steep, or at least no appreciation on market value--in a 12 team league, you'd essentially be paying for the 8th-10th WR off the board, and I'd expect Lamb to finish around WR8-WR10, so, yay, you got what you paid for, no more and no less.

I think you're right, though, that his value could appreciate in coming years, especially if Cooper moves on (but even if he doesn't)--but if it means he's going to cost you a first-rounder next year or something, I think you'd be hard-pressed to keep him another year, paying for that appreciation before it has even happened yet.  So it might not make sense to keep him long-term, either--unless he really goes off this year or something.

If you can continue to keep him for a 2nd round pick ad infinitum, then yeah, the future looks bright.

Kinda sucks that you have Cook as your RB1, though, but I'm not sure Mixon is any more reliable.  Holding both Cook AND Mixon seems like a one-way ticket to "Questionable" hell.  But if you have no reasonable expectation of keeping Lamb beyond this year anyway, then yeah, Mixon is the higher-value keeper.

That is what I was thinking, I am nervous about Cook... but grabbing Maddison also helps. I try and not think about injuries too much... they all get them. Cook and Mixon as RB's will be strong. I think Mixon has his best year. I also have Dobbins as an option as a keeper. We can keep 2, which accounts for the 1st 2 rounds. Long term  youngsters Dobbins and Lamb might be the way to go. There is about $12k in our pot by the end of the year. So its a win now thing, with thoughts of the future. Cook had I think 17 TD's last year, doesnt really suck to have him... like I said a hand cuff is a must. So now that I gave you more info, anymore thoughts ? Cook, Mixon, Dobbins and Lamb... keep 2 as long as you want for 1st and 2nd round. It seems that Dobbins could be a 1st rounder after this year and Lamb an early second. Not sure where Cook and Mixon will be. They both signed contracts last year and they both will be 26 next year. 

4 minutes ago, snatchit said:

That is what I was thinking, I am nervous about Cook... but grabbing Maddison also helps. I try and not think about injuries too much... they all get them. Cook and Mixon as RB's will be strong. I think Mixon has his best year. I also have Dobbins as an option as a keeper. We can keep 2, which accounts for the 1st 2 rounds. Long term  youngsters Dobbins and Lamb might be the way to go. There is about $12k in our pot by the end of the year. So its a win now thing, with thoughts of the future. Cook had I think 17 TD's last year, doesnt really suck to have him... like I said a hand cuff is a must. So now that I gave you more info, anymore thoughts ? Cook, Mixon, Dobbins and Lamb... keep 2 as long as you want for 1st and 2nd round. It seems that Dobbins could be a 1st rounder after this year and Lamb an early second. Not sure where Cook and Mixon will be. They both signed contracts last year and they both will be 26 next year. 

Agree Mixon will have his best year--low end RB1--IF he stays healthy, and in Mixon's case, that's a pretty significant IF.

I don't like Dobbins at all; he's in a 3-way RBBC headed by his QB, and he's being WAY overdrafted even in the 3rd round.

So with an eye to the future, but without abandoning reason, I think Cook and Lamb is the way to go for the foreseeable future.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Agree Mixon will have his best year--low end RB1--IF he stays healthy, and in Mixon's case, that's a pretty significant IF.

I don't like Dobbins at all; he's in a 3-way RBBC headed by his QB, and he's being WAY overdrafted even in the 3rd round.

So with an eye to the future, but without abandoning reason, I think Cook and Lamb is the way to go for the foreseeable future.

Thanks, there are plenty of RB's I have my eye on that you can get in the 4th 5th round. Davis, Gaskin, D Harris, Carter... just to mention a few. Sometimes when you have a stud like Cook.. you can load up on top WR's and just need an average # 2 RB

4 minutes ago, snatchit said:

Thanks, there are plenty of RB's I have my eye on that you can get in the 4th 5th round. Davis, Gaskin, D Harris, Carter... just to mention a few. Sometimes when you have a stud like Cook.. you can load up on top WR's and just need an average # 2 RB

Davis should be a solid RB2, probly around RB15-RB17, and I like Harris as a RB3 as well.  I'd much rather have Davis than Dobbins.

Gaskin will lose goalline carries to Malcolm Brown, and the Jets' backfield is hard to trust, especially once things don't go as planned and they have to start changing things up.

10 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Davis should be a solid RB2, probly around RB15-RB17, and I like Harris as a RB3 as well.  I'd much rather have Davis than Dobbins.

Gaskin will lose goalline carries to Malcolm Brown, and the Jets' backfield is hard to trust, especially once things don't go as planned and they have to start changing things up.

A lot of good buzz on Carter taking almost all the 1st team reps. I dont think the Jets are gonna be terrible

25 minutes ago, snatchit said:

A lot of good buzz on Carter taking almost all the 1st team reps. I dont think the Jets are gonna be terrible

Everybody has a plan until they get hit in the mouth.

On 7/22/2021 at 8:00 PM, AxeElf said:

I hope you're right.  If I have to pay a 2nd round price for Lamb after this, though, I'm going to point and laugh at you.

Just wait for hard knocks to raise Lambs adp or a big preseason td. 

4 hours ago, snatchit said:

I think Cooper will slip now and shouldnt, he and Dak have great chemistry. I will scoop up Cooper mid 4th and love it. 

I hope he does, more value is better.  

4 hours ago, snatchit said:

Don’t think twice about it, Mixon is the better move, and will pay of has the right move.  

3 hours ago, snatchit said:

Cook and Mixon. 

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

Don’t think twice about it, Mixon is the better move, and will pay of has the right move.  

ya I relooked at it, I think you are right