Drizzay

Cleveland Guardians

Anybody give a sh!t about the new name?  At least it is unique, i guess.

Stupid.  It's funny, all of this is under the guise of not offending anyone, but what it's doing is essentially cancelling/removing them from society.

20 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

Anybody give a sh!t about the new name?  At least it is unique, i guess.

I kinda like it actually.

Guardians of the Fallacy 

3 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

So the Cleveland Steamers didnt make the cut.

Sad

This was the only logical choice.  :thumbsup:

The Cleveland Compliance 

Ghetto Blasters would have rocked!!!

That is up there with the expos as the stupidest team names of all time.

They should have gone with the Skid Marks to match the other sh!tty team in town.  

• Haha 1

Rick Vaughn thinks it sucks and I agree. 

27 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Rick Vaughn thinks it sucks and I agree. 

Rick Vaughn also nailed Corey haim during the filming of Lucas, so his opinion doesn’t mean much.  But, as a guy who didn’t nail the haimster, I think it’s dumb

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Stupid.  It's funny, all of this is under the guise of not offending anyone, but what it's doing is essentially cancelling/removing them from society.

I didn’t realize murdering every Native American was part of their team renaming. Weird strategy if you ask me.

4 minutes ago, dogcows said:

I didn’t realize murdering every Native American was part of their team renaming. Weird strategy if you ask me.

Removing them from the public eye/image renders them to the "out of sight - out of mind" realm.  Every team/organization that removes any reference to Native American's, puts them closer and closer to irrelevance.  It minimalizes their significance.  I think keeping them in the forefront should be encouraged.  But I'm not a racist liberal, so...

16 minutes ago, dogcows said:

The Bills should be next on the list.  Named after a man that served in the military that actually killed said Indian's and was a huge contributor in almost wiping out an entire species of animals.  Good job Buffalo.  The Other Mistake by the Lake  

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Removing them from the public eye/image renders them to the "out of sight - out of mind" realm.  Every team/organization that removes any reference to Native American's, puts them closer and closer to irrelevance.  It minimalizes their significance.  I think keeping them in the forefront should be encouraged.  But I'm not a racist liberal, so...

That might be the dumbest post on the entire internet. The idea that people will forget that Native Americans exist just because there is no baseball team named after them? Come on, man...

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

That might be the dumbest post on the entire internet. The idea that people will forget that Native Americans exist just because there is no baseball team named after them? Come on, man...

Guess you've never read any of your posts then. :dunno:

• Like 1

I know a Native who became a Redskins fan way back as a kid because he thought it was cool.  In fact he would have on his old school redskins hat with the badass Native American warrior logo much of the times I ran into him.

But then again he isnt from this weak generation who cry about everything.

Youtube comments are ripping this move.  Most videos about this getting downvoted like mad.  Best comment I saw was that it sounds like an adult diaper company.  To me its like guardians of the factory of sadness.  the only video I saw getting upvoted about this was a black man ripping cancel culture over this, which sounds about right.  As blacks become right-wing, you get black pundits attacking these sorts of things.  Also, the wordmark for Guardians is in cursive, but cursive hasn't been taught in schools in a long time.  Nice way to reach out to kids!

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I know a Native who became a Redskins fan way back as a kid because he thought it was cool.  In fact he would have on his old school redskins hat with the badass Native American warrior logo much of the times I ran into him.

Sounds like a good kid...  And a racist...

Just now, JustinCharge said:

Youtube comments are ripping this move.  Most videos about this getting downvoted like mad.  Best comment I saw was that it sounds like an adult diaper company.  To me its like guardians of the factory of sadness.  the only video I saw getting upvoted about this was a black man ripping cancel culture over this, which sounds about right.  As blacks become right-wing, you get black pundits attacking stuff these sorts of things.  Also, the wordmark for Guardians is in cursive, but cursive hasn't been taught in schools in a long time.  Nice way to reach out to kids!

Sounds like YouTube is going to be really busy deleting videos and comments...

BTW, here in LA, latinos wear chief wahoo caps all the time.  They love him. They think he is awesome.  You can buy bootleg chief wahoo caps in stores.  The only people who think its racist are grifters and white commies.  Everyone else understands were just having a good time.

Should have gone with the Cleveland Lake Fires.  Guardians smells of “what noun for a group could we use that can’t possibly offend anyone.”  :thumbsdown: 

7 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Why is the Celtics logo ok? 

i know how this works! i am not irish but ill be offended for them!!

21 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Watch the video for come and get your love by Redbone.   

But yeah, it's the white man that is perpetuating this.  :rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, dogcows said:

If their name was the Cleveland Klansmen we would be handling it exactly the same.  :dunno:

2 hours ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Terrible. Probably having the same last 5 letters as the previous nickname saved them some scratch on signage.  

Right, appears to be the main reason the name was chosen...

• Sad 1

Injuns was taken?

Ghetto Blasters would have rocked!!!

21 minutes ago, edjr said:

Injuns was taken?

🤣

at least they kept the.....

----dians 🤠

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

I still like The Scalpers.

🤣

LOVE IT!!! Anytime we take away representation from POC I'm all for it!

:thumbsup:

Now We need to go after the braves and all the college teams.