Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Michael Thomas expected to miss multiple weeks

Trequan smith is now the WR1 for the Saints. I’m not too thrilled about Kamara right now, though he could easily go 1 man army and dominate the league still. 

I like Trautman even more now.  Smith isn't very good and from everything I've seen from him, he's a one-dimensional (deep threat), guy.  To me, he's not a guy you draft in re-draft leagues, solely a Best Ball guy.  Trautman looks a lot better to me now as a top target guy.  Smith will see more, but honestly, he's not very good.  I can see the Saints looking to the waiver wire or the trade route to bring a warm body in, who actually can catch.

yikes, so we looking at Trequan and Marquez Calloway on the outside? I'm thinking Taysom Hill will play a major role for this team early on...

L Murray might be getting a lot more rushing att, I like him as a late rb5-6 pick up. 

• Like 1

Is he going the way of some other young stud WRs?

Dez Bryant, Hakeem Nicks, Come to mind

On 7/23/2021 at 12:08 PM, weepaws said:

L Murray might be getting a lot more rushing att, I like him as a late rb5-6 pick up. 

Hill to win 2021 Vulture Award. Be wary of Saints players.

Not so sure about that, with Brees they had Winston to back him up and that enabled the Saints to use Hill as they did. But without Brees Hill is now the back up, how much work in the run will they trust giving Hill , I’m not sure they can use him all that much Incase Winston stinks or suffers an injury, Right? 

13 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Not so sure about that, with Brees they had Winston to back him up and that enabled the Saints to use Hill as they did. But without Brees Hill is now the back up, how much work in the run will they trust giving Hill , I’m not sure they can use him all that much Incase Winston stinks or suffers an injury, Right? 

Winston is Andy Dalton like. Basically, he 's terrible. Hill will be the QB.

Not so sure Hill is going to be better. The run game might be their best bet, I like Murray as a rb 5-6. 

That’s a tough one, hard to say if Hill would be better , he’s att 134 passes in three seasons. 

10 hours ago, weepaws said:

Not so sure Hill is going to be better. The run game might be their best bet, I like Murray as a rb 5-6. 

That’s a tough one, hard to say if Hill would be better , he’s att 134 passes in three seasons. 

It's the cleanest shirt in the hamper syndrome. That's who will start. They both stink.

36 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

It's the cleanest shirt in the hamper syndrome. That's who will start. They both stink.

The best worst option.

To many issues on the Saints right now, I think Murray is the only player I like based on current ADP.  

I think Kamara ADP is to high and is due for a rb2 season based on current events on the team.  

You know it’s tough times when you sign C Hogan   

I’m staying away from all. Maybe Latavius Murray as late round selection but Thomas is DND IMO and I think Kamara needs a good offense to really thrive. He plays in space and there’s no space if your offense focking blows. He’s a great player of course and will probably have plenty of garbage time opportunities (assuming he isn’t shelved), so I’m not saying he’ll totally flop but very likely will be over drafted.

Whoa.  Florio thinks a trade is inevitable

Citing a relationship that seems "fractured", Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk believes a trade for star receiver Michael Thomas is inevitable.
Analysis: Things began to go south for Thomas in 2020 when a combination of lingering injury and personnel conflict dogged Thomas. Fast forward to 2021 and Drew Brees has since retired, Thomas chose not to have ankle surgery earlier in the off-season, thus making it a near certainty he'll miss regular season games and then early on Monday morning, the receiver sent out a tweet suggesting the Saints (presumably) have been trying to damage his reputation. Word was that Thomas was looking for a trade exit in 2020 but no team stepped to the plate. Now, here in 2021, it seems as though Thomas is forcing the team's hand to accomplish his trade goal. Following a stunning fall from dynasty grace, Thomas now resides as DLF's WR19 and may slip further should he not see the field early in 2021. Stay tuned ... a relationship that seems "fractured", Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk believes a trade for star receiver Michael Thomas is inevitable.

Analysis: Things began to go south for Thomas in 2020 when a combination of lingering injury and personnel conflict dogged Thomas. Fast forward to 2021 and Drew Brees has since retired, Thomas chose not to have ankle surgery earlier in the off-season, thus making it a near certainty he'll miss regular season games and then early on Monday morning, the receiver sent out a tweet suggesting the Saints (presumably) have been trying to damage his reputation. Word was that Thomas was looking for a trade exit in 2020 but no team stepped to the plate. Now, here in 2021, it seems as though Thomas is forcing the team's hand to accomplish his trade goal. Following a stunning fall from dynasty grace, Thomas now resides as DLF's WR19 and may slip further should he not see the field early in 2021. Stay tuned ...

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

They would be lucky to find a trade partner for MT at this point. 

I'm not saying he has a huge value but, the contract is pretty friendly going forward. I just checked the contract on Over the Cap and honestly if they can't trade him for much I would think he is a realistic cut possibility in the off-season because there isn't much difference in cap impact between trade and cut and the Saints have cap issues anyway. 

IF another team values him............. and IF  he doesn't require a new contract I could see a deal getting done pretty easily once he's healthy.

Assuming OTC is correct he has ZERO gauranteed '22-'24, tiny roster and workout bonuses and 15 mil salary in '22 and '23 which IMO is manageable for most teams.

Looking at his contract though I suspect at least some of this divide (that we aren't hearing about) is over $$$$, including lack of Saints flexibility, and contract going forward.

Urban Meyer is his former college coach. Just sayin…

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Urban Meyer is his former college coach. Just sayin…

That’s not negligible, the Jags would love a guy like him.

hes not a player without talent.  and if the cap hit isnt obscene, there should be plenty of teams interested.

the real question is what do the Saints want for him?

if the ask is unreasonable, he may stay a while.

if the ask is reasonable, he will find a new home fairly quickly.

8 hours ago, Ray_T said:

hes not a player without talent.  and if the cap hit isnt obscene, there should be plenty of teams interested.

the real question is what do the Saints want for him?

if the ask is unreasonable, he may stay a while.

if the ask is reasonable, he will find a new home fairly quickly.

Bears!!! Would be nice. :dunno:

5 hours ago, nobody said:

Saints should trade for Tyler Johnson.  Tampa doesn't need him.

I'd be ok with that, we have a surplus at the position.  I think 3 first round picks and 3 second round picks seems like fair compensation.

5 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'd be ok with that, we have a surplus at the position.  I think 3 first round picks and 3 second round picks seems like fair compensation.

James Washington?

As a Saints fan and fantasy football player TB annoys me.  They hoard these talented pass catchers that they underutilize.  They didn't need to bring Godwin back.  they have Tyler Johnson.  I get why they did it, but now Tyler needs to sit on his butt another year.  

Then they pick up the 5th year option on OJ Howard after underutilizing him for 3 years.  Let the man go where he's going to be used.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

As a Saints fan and fantasy football player TB annoys me.  They hoard these talented pass catchers that they underutilize.  They didn't need to bring Godwin back.  they have Tyler Johnson.  I get why they did it, but now Tyler needs to sit on his butt another year.  

Then they pick up the 5th year option on OJ Howard after underutilizing him for 3 years.  Let the man go where he's going to be used.

As a Saints fan it must be even more annoying that having the quality and depth of targets was one of the things that made them a front runner to sign Tom Brady.

😉

16 minutes ago, lesjroza said:

As a Saints fan it must be even more annoying that having the quality and depth of targets was one of the things that made them a front runner to sign Tom Brady.

😉

Preach.  Plus the saints had noodle arm brees or Brady could've been a Saint.  Then Michael Thomas wouldn't be disgruntled and would've gotten his surgery earlier in the year.  Antonio Brown and Gronk would be on the roster and the saints might have a Lombardi.

11 minutes ago, nobody said:

Preach.  Plus the saints had noodle arm brees or Brady could've been a Saint.  Then Michael Thomas wouldn't be disgruntled and would've gotten his surgery earlier in the year.  Antonio Brown and Gronk would be on the roster and the saints might have a Lombardi.

Why does everyone have a boner over some fifth round pick of the Buccaneers’ last year. I’d never even heard of Tyler Johnson. Am I an idiot?

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Why does everyone have a boner over some fifth round pick of the Buccaneers’ last year. I’d never even heard of Tyler Johnson. Am I an idiot?

Oh, you know these dynasty people...

6 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Do you really need to ask. 

19 hours ago, nobody said:

I know, how dare they build a team with depth to try and win a(nother), Super Bowl.  The nerve of them. ;)

I am however intrigued by your apparent appreciation of a 5th round WR who really didn't show much last year.  Yeah, he did have some big catches, but had some bigger drops and ran a lot of wrong routes.

Under utilizing Howard?  How so?  By him being injured for one-third of his career?  Any under utilization of Howard was more of a by-product of the limitations of their QB (Winston), and Howard himself than by the Bucs.

I can assure you that if Howard ends up on the Saints next year, I'll be more happy about that then you'll be.

15 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I don't get it either.  I mean, I like Johnson as a prospect, but come on.  :dunno:

I'm not really in to trying to convince people guys are good or bad, but addressing Tyler Johnson's rops...

He caught 12 of 17 passes and according to pro football reference had 0 drops.  

I think he's good because I watched how he creates separation.  He also was able to force his way on the field last year with a stacked receiving core.  It's fine if I'm the only one who thinks that.  

31 minutes ago, nobody said:

I'm not really in to trying to convince people guys are good or bad, but addressing Tyler Johnson's rops...

He caught 12 of 17 passes and according to pro football reference had 0 drops.  

I think he's good because I watched how he creates separation.  He also was able to force his way on the field last year with a stacked receiving core.  It's fine if I'm the only one who thinks that.  

Pro football reference doesn't count it as a drop unless you physically touch it.  I saw the ball go right through his hand, where he completely missed the ball, 3 times.  They aren't counted as "drops", but they're drops.  Also, if you can't create separation when you're on the field with Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and/or Antonio Brown/Scott Miller/Rob Gronkowski, then you don't belong on an NFL field.

Look, the kid showed promise and I'm happy to have him, but I'm not getting overly excited about him until I see some more of him.