Sign in to follow this  
edjr

DeSantis tells Biden and others to MASK OFF! Will not mandate masks for schools

8 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Delta variant is weak compared to the original. It’s just more contagious. CDC and Fauci have already proved they have zero clue what’s going on and have already sold their integrity to the government. Shame that nowadays the only science allowed to exist is science approved by the ones in power and the big companies. 

Weird, it’s only weak in countries with a high % of people vaccinated. I wonder why that is?

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Weird, it’s only weak in countries with a high % of people vaccinated. I wonder why that is?

Fock it, they’re going to believe what they want to believe. Hopefully they’re just not stupid enough to refuse the vaccine

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Seriously.  We have one thread claiming obesity is the greatest threat to America’s existence, but another claiming they all died last year.  Gotta love the GC.

I didn't say all. I said the weakest. 

8 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol:  This week.  Next week it will be everywhere. And the school closings will happen in 2.  And in 3 weeks, maybe, just maybe, you'll realize that the CDC has been toying with you all along and it's the vaxxed people that might be in trouble.  And at that point, you'll blame Trump.  :lol: 

already starting to see stuff…the new narrative is going to be the vax came out too fast thats why its not effective against these variants. trump!!!:mad:

5 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Why didn't they all die last year in places like India, Japan, Indonesia, Russia, South Africa, Malaysia among others?

Sorry this argument is dumb.  If "the weakest of the old and fat and sick" died last year, that would mean we would've reached herd immunity, which clearly isn't the case due to the increasing cases.   There were plenty of old and weak and fat and sick people that didn't catch covid last year.

Ah, yah. . . about that;  "2 of 3 Indians have CV19 Antibodies" and their case and death rates are plunging. . . I'm no scientist but I think that's a pretty good example of herd immunity.   

https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/explained-icmr-covid-fourth-serosurvey-findings-7413949/lite/?__twitter_impression=true

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Seriously.  We have one thread claiming obesity is the greatest threat to America’s existence, but another claiming they all died last year.  Gotta love the GC.

I kinda doubt anyone said that 600K dying last year in the USA left the rest of the 359.4 million other people looking like clones of Tom Brady & Gisele.  We got a couple more fatties than that.   

14 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Ah, yah. . . about that;  "2 of 3 Indians have CV19 Antibodies" and their case and death rates are plunging. . . I'm no scientist but I think that's a pretty good example of herd immunity.   

https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/explained-icmr-covid-fourth-serosurvey-findings-7413949/lite/?__twitter_impression=true

Yeah India may have herd immunity.  They also may have had 4 million covid deaths.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/07/20/1018438334/indias-pandemic-death-toll-estimated-at-about-4-million-10-times-the-official-co

14 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

In a country of 1.4 BILLION people.     And check your #s.  Isn't the 4M # an estimate of what the "real" # is and India is only officially reporting 430K?

5 minutes ago, Masshole said:

In a country of 1.4 BILLION people.     And check your #s.  Isn't the 4M # an estimate of what the "real" # is and India is only officially reporting 430K?

Correct.   We know their covid deaths have been woefully undercounted (as admitted by many in the GC in the "Screw India" thread).  It's just a matter of by how much.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-57154564)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-56969086

And yet even if you believe their numbers, my initial point still stands.   They had a bigger spike in deaths in May of this year than any point last year.    So what was that about all the weakest people dying last year again?

10 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Correct.   We know their covid deaths have been woefully undercounted (as admitted by many in the GC in the "Screw India" thread).  It's just a matter of by how much.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-57154564)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-56969086

And yet even if you believe their numbers, my initial point still stands.   They had a bigger spike in deaths in May of this year than any point last year.    So what was that about all the weakest people dying last year again?

Every country has to be a straight line trending down to herd immunity?   Unreasonable to expect peaks and valleys on those trends lines as a population moves towards herd immunity?   Remember this started with you dismissing the idea that India had reached herd immunity.    Kind of a significant point that that was wrong. . .

9 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Every country has to be a straight line trending down to herd immunity?   Unreasonable to expect peaks and valleys on those trends lines as a population moves towards herd immunity?   Remember this started with you dismissing the idea that India had reached herd immunity.    Kind of a significant point that that was wrong. . .

I said WE (America) haven't reached herd immunity.   I used India as one of several examples of other countries that saw some of their highest deaths of the entire pandemic in the past few months, thus disproving claims such as "deaths aren't up this year because the weakest died last year" and "Delta is weak."

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I said WE (America) haven't reached herd immunity.   I used India as one of several examples of other countries that saw some of their highest deaths of the entire pandemic in the past few months, thus disproving claims such as "deaths aren't up this year because the weakest died last year" and "Delta is weak."

:huh::lol:

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

welp

it's masks and not because they are old and not vaxxed. :wacko:

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

it's masks and not because they are old and not vaxxed. :wacko:

Are you trying to say that there are a lot of old people in Florida? :shocking:

Remember, Biden desperately wants to face Desantis.  Biden is openly sparring with him, trying to raise his profile as the face of the GOP instead of Trump.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Remember, Biden desperately wants to face Desantis.  Biden is openly sparring with him, trying to raise his profile as the face of the GOP instead of Trump.  

Biden couldn't pick desantis out of a lineup. 

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Biden couldn't pick desantis out of a lineup. 

creepy joe couldn't pick his defense secretary out of a line up, nor can he remember his name.

On 8/23/2021 at 2:50 PM, TimHauck said:

welp

according to worldometers, their daily deaths are already showing 50% higher than the winter peak, and that's with the current peak showing as August 23 due to their reporting delay.  Fortunately cases do look to have peaked as of that time, but deaths will go even higher.    They are also creeping up on the top 10 in total covid deaths per million, so so much for them "doing well" I guess.

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

according to worldometers, their daily deaths are already showing 50% higher than the winter peak, and that's with the current peak showing as August 23 due to their reporting delay.  Fortunately cases do look to have peaked as of that time, but deaths will go even higher.    They are also creeping up on the top 10 in total covid deaths per million, so so much for them "doing well" I guess.

dude who cares. do you wake up worrying about covid? i dont even think twice about it. its focking weird. are you that scared???

2 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

dude who cares. do you wake up worrying about covid? i dont even think twice about it. its focking weird. are you that scared???

I don’t “wake up worrying about it,” but I am concerned for my 70+ year old parents in particular, yes.  They are both vaccinated but aren’t exactly the picture of health

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

I don’t “wake up worrying about it,” but I am concerned for my 70+ year old parents in particular, yes.

did they get vaccinated? are you??

Just now, TimHauck said:

Yes, sorry edited that in my previous post

then why do you give one fock about anything else???  for real. i dont get it

2 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

then why do you give one fock about anything else???  for real. i dont get it

Because while the vaccines are very effective, they are not 100% effective particularly against Delta.

4 hours ago, TimHauck said:

3rd largest population, 2nd oldest in nation.   By all statistics they should be in the top ten in deaths, probably #1 given the age factor.  They are not.     You completely miss the point.    No evidence that lockdowns and other restrictions produce better results.    If they land on or below what should be the expected result (top 10 in deaths) that will have been done while not locking down their state, opening in their schools last year, no mask or vaccine mandates, huge inward migration, etc..     Why should I think they aren't doing well if they land around where they should be or better without fukin over their businesses and people?