joneo

Sounds like Rodgers is retiring

Sports books are signaling this news with shutting down bets 

Just trade him Green Bay. He doesn’t want to be with you anymore. 

If true it's just his way of telling GB to trade him or get nothing for him.

3 hours ago, Gladiators said:

:pointstosky:

As a Packers fan, I’m holding out hope this happens.

Tired of winning?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Gladiators said:

:pointstosky:

As a Packers fan, I’m holding out hope this happens.

Is there a once in a generation QB coming out in the 2022  draft at pick #1?

7 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I’d bet no. I also don’t give a fuk. I hate when players don’t shut up and honor their contract. If he’s that unhappy that he wants to retire, fine by me.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, lod001 said:

F0ck no. Take it from a dynasty player. Next year is awful. Just think of Blake Bortles. Someone's gonna be #1. But it sure don't mean they're a #1. 

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

No way this happens. He has nothing else.

his career is in Jeopardy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I’d bet no. I also don’t give a fuk. I hate when players don’t shut up and honor their contract. If he’s that unhappy that he wants to retire, fine by me.

Yeah, I get that but the GM Gutenkust royally f###ed this up and set this whole thing in motion.

I blame him and I blame Rodgers for ultimately acting like a drama queen here.  Had the GM not drafted Love or, at the very least, let Rodgers know they were looking at drafting a QB then this whole soap opera never would have happened.

There is a shareholder meeting in a couple of days in GB.  Can't wait to find out what happens there.  I hope Gutenkust gets roasted.

As much as I'd like to see Gutenkust get the axe and booted out of town, I also realize that this would be a bad precedent to set.  GB has been blessed with two 3 time MVP, SB winning, Hall of fame QBs in 30 years.  That isn't going to happen again.  Gutenkust had to ruin that.  We're due for a period of mediocrity again like the 70's and 80's. 

They had Favre forever then, immediately transitioned into having Rogers forever without missing a beat. It's about time they joined the rest of the NFL. Hopefully Rogers walks.

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

They had Favre forever then, immediately transitioned into having Rogers forever without missing a beat. It's about time they joined the rest of the NFL. Hopefully Rogers walks.

They also had Don Majkowski for a couple years before that, which meant delicious polish sausages all day.

The GM botched this. I dont blame the qb for his team never living up to expectations. I would want our for my legacy sake also

A lot of hate for the Packers GM in here. People have short memories. Yes, Rodgers was MVP last year...AFTER they drafted Jordan Love. The two or three years before that it looked like he was declining. Everyone pointed out how awful that draft pick was because they made it the the NFC Championship that year, but fail to recognize Rodgers wasn't great. GB saw this and wanted to plan for the future. My only complaint is that they extended Rodgers when he showed signs of declining, it did't mesh with the Love pick.

People want to attack the GM but he still holds the power in this situation. If Love sucks, they still have Rodgers undr contract for like 3 more years. If Love looks good, then they will have their heir and move on from Rodgers, He can put up cryptic social media posts like a 13 year old girl all day long but it doesn't change the fact that he has no power in this situation. If GB wants him, he can play or retire. If they don't want him, it's because they've found his replacement.

Also as far as GB needing to tell Rodgers they were thinking of drafting his replacement...Gutekunst did say he was open to it, although in my opinion he shouldnt even have to.

Gutekunst on Friday said he wouldn’t rule out drafting a quarterback this year – potentially as early as the 30th pick of the draft – even though it’s possible that player wouldn’t help the team this year or for the foreseeable future.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/gutekunst-wont-rule-out-drafting-quarterback

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

They also had Don Majkowski for a couple years before that, which meant delicious polish sausages all day.

He was magic

16 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

A lot of hate for the Packers GM in here. People have short memories. Yes, Rodgers was MVP last year...AFTER they drafted Jordan Love. The two or three years before that it looked like he was declining. Everyone pointed out how awful that draft pick was because they made it the the NFC Championship that year, but fail to recognize Rodgers wasn't great. GB saw this and wanted to plan for the future. My only complaint is that they extended Rodgers when he showed signs of declining, it did't mesh with the Love pick.

People want to attack the GM but he still holds the power in this situation. If Love sucks, they still have Rodgers undr contract for like 3 more years. If Love looks good, then they will have their heir and move on from Rodgers, He can put up cryptic social media posts like a 13 year old girl all day long but it doesn't change the fact that he has no power in this situation. If GB wants him, he can play or retire. If they don't want him, it's because they've found his replacement.

Also as far as GB needing to tell Rodgers they were thinking of drafting his replacement...Gutekunst did say he was open to it, although in my opinion he shouldnt even have to.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/gutekunst-wont-rule-out-drafting-quarterback

general rule of thumb for GMs is dont chase the star qb out too soon.  let him fully decline to below average first.

30 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

So Rapp is reporting Rodgers is planning on playing this year after all....... Well duh, he wasn't gonna just walk away from damn near $40m. 

Aaron Rodgers reportedly plans to play with the Packers this season (msn.com)

Wouldn't doubt it. Rodgers is pretty much the Kardashians of the NFL....look at me..look at me!! 

He's now going to play 1 last year, then be able to walk.

What happens if he shows up, then fakes injury?  :lol:

53 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Huge Packer fan, but I agree 100% with this article.

Aaron Rodgers is a Putz. Just a huge putz.

Rodgers is petty.  But I don't agree tho.  He is a 1st ballot HOFer who just won his 3rd MVP.  The front office treats him like he is Matt Stafford.  He doesnt like Gutey and doesnt want some young GM to hold all the cards at the end of his HOF career.  

What 3 time MVP 1st ballot HOFer would like uncertainty and no commitment from the front office?  Just at the mercy of being traded to any team whenever they want?  

So while the media ran the Rodgers drama every day he sat there quiet and smug.  Big deal.  He wanted to make Murphy and Gutey squirm.  

It is a control thing.  The Packers do things differently.  They draft Love all the while play the game in the media of "Rodgers is our QB this year and in the years ahead!" game.  So he decided to play the game too.  

Rodgers is a bit passive aggressive which is annoying.  But I do not blame him for wanting to control his own destiny at this stage of his career.  

According to Schefter they are close at revising his deal.

'23 would be voided

He loses no money

They would agree to review the situation after the year ..... meaning if he still wants out they trade him.  If not they possibly go with him fot 1 more year in 2022.  

Sorry the media got everyone in a tizzy hook line and sinker.  Sorry to the rest of thr NFC North for having to wait longer got a potential Packers demise.   

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Rodgers is petty.  But I don't agree tho.  He is a 1st ballot HOFer who just won his 3rd MVP.  The front office treats him like he is Matt Stafford.  He doesnt like Gutey and doesnt want some young GM to hold all the cards at the end of his HOF career.  

What 3 time MVP 1st ballot HOFer would like uncertainty and no commitment from the front office?  Just at the mercy of being traded to any team whenever they want?  

So while the media ran the Rodgers drama every day he sat there quiet and smug.  Big deal.  He wanted to make Murphy and Gutey squirm.  

It is a control thing.  The Packers do things differently.  They draft Love all the while play the game in the media of "Rodgers is our QB this year and in the years ahead!" game.  So he decided to play the game too.  

Rodgers is a bit passive aggressive which is annoying.  But I do not blame him for wanting to control his own destiny at this stage of his career.  

I agree with a lot of what you are saying except that he is a "bit" passive agressive...he's way more than a bit,

Eli> Rodgers.  All day, every day.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

He had control of his destiny when he signed the contract. He's acting like a scorned vagina.

• Thanks 1

I fuckin HATE that pole smoker, but he's a damned good QB.

26 minutes ago, BLS said:

I fuckin HATE that pole smoker, but he's a damned good QB.

I hate Trump supporters.

1 minute ago, taco breath said:

I hate Trump supporters.

Let me check.......

Nope.  Don't care.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, taco breath said:

I hate Trump supporters.

So.do most of you sissies. :dunno:

12 hours ago, joneo said:

He had control of his destiny when he signed the contract. He's acting like a scorned vagina.

No not really when they can just groom Love and dispose of said contract when they want.  Do you know how the NFL works?

He signed said contract and instead of going all in on winning they traded up in the 1st to draft a QB.  Then he went out and won the MVP.  

The front office is secretly hoping he doesnt go out and play at a MVP level again.  Would make them look real stupid. 

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

The front office is secretly hoping he doesnt go out and play at a MVP level again.  Would make them look real stupid. 

Why would they want that? It would make them look 2x as stupid to have kept him when he wanted out. When a player wants out, let him go. Especially when the replacement is ready to go. This drama isn't over. I still put him at 50/50 to be a Packer this season.