joneo

Sounds like Rodgers is retiring

Just now, TimmySmith said:

Why would they want that? It would make them look 2x as stupid to have kept him when he wanted out. When a player wants out, let him go. Especially when the replacement is ready to go. This drama isn't over. I still put him at 50/50 to be a Packer this season.

Money wise it was always 2022 that was the year that was best and easiest year to trade him.  They force trade him during the draft....Love isnt ready.  He goes and plays great.  They look stupid.  Perhaps they know Love isnt ready.

You put him at 50/50 to be a Packer this season? How? You think they can trade him in August? 

He 99.9% will take the 1st snap of the season unless he gets injured in training camp.

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Money wise it was always 2022 that was the year that was best and easiest year to trade him.  They force trade him during the draft....Love isnt ready.  He goes and plays great.  They look stupid.  Perhaps they know Love isnt ready.

You put him at 50/50 to be a Packer this season? How? You think they can trade him in August? 

He 99.9% will take the 1st snap of the season unless he gets injured in training camp.

What I am saying is that it appears both sides have come to an agreement to renegotiate that contract, which makes him more attractive for trading. I can't see why he would have renegotiated otherwise, the contract was very friendly to him.

You are right though if he plays bad then his value goes down do they probably fo not want that.  They would still get more than if he retired or if they voided both years and let him walk after the season.

Just now, TimmySmith said:

What I am saying is that it appears both sides have come to an agreement to renegotiate that contract, which makes him more attractive for trading. I can't see why he would have renegotiated otherwise, the contract was very friendly to him.

It saved the Packers money and Adams is now open to negotiations again.  

Perhaps he was helping Adams get paid what he is worth?

It is hard to see what Rodgers gained here other than perhaps a handshake that they will trade him to a good spot next year if he just plays 1 more year.

Drafting Love was stupid. The GM is most likely an analytics/stat nerd. “The value was too good to pass up”. Guys in my fantasy league don’t do things this dumb. Usually.  

56 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

No not really when they can just groom Love and dispose of said contract when they want.  Do you know how the NFL works?

He signed said contract and instead of going all in on winning they traded up in the 1st to draft a QB.  Then he went out and won the MVP.  

The front office is secretly hoping he doesnt go out and play at a MVP level again.  Would make them look real stupid. 

ok. Do you know how contracts work? .  He signed a contract stating he would play. Then he got his feelings hurt. Contract says play. If he didn't want to play in 2021, he shouldn't have been greedy and signed a "long term" contract. His choice, his destiny. 

Aaron Kardashian

50 minutes ago, joneo said:

ok. Do you know how contracts work? .  He signed a contract stating he would play. Then he got his feelings hurt. Contract says play. If he didn't want to play in 2021, he shouldn't have been greedy and signed a "long term" contract. His choice, his destiny. 

Aaron Kardashian

How do you have control of you own destiny by signing a contract if the team can just cut or try and trade you before the contract ends?

You are reaching.  

I'm sorry your Vikings have to play for 2nd place yet again.  You just have yo hope Love isn't the next HOFer.  Good luck.

21 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

How do you have control of you own destiny by signing a contract if the team can just cut or try and trade you before the contract ends?

Because he knew that when he signed it. He had the ability to negotiate that otherwise if control of his destiny was so important to him. He could have demanded less money, but fully guaranteed for the duration. He chose otherwise.

He can, and has been threatening to, breach the contract himself, either via holding out or retiring.

I knew Rodgers was coming back when he didn't opt out for covid this year. He could have, and it would have avoided the fines.

27 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I knew Rodgers was coming back when he didn't opt out for covid this year. He could have, and it would have avoided the fines.

His biological clock is ticking. Plus I don't know how much more clear he could be that he wants out of GB.  If he took a year off, he would be right back where he started.  

8 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

His biological clock is ticking. Plus I don't know how much more clear he could be that he wants out of GB.  If he took a year off, he would be right back where he started.  

Sure. It was a bluff. I think he would have if you could opt back in later, on his new team.

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

You are reaching.  

I'm sorry your Vikings have to play for 2nd place yet again.  You just have yo hope Love isn't the next HOFer.  Good luck.

If you don't like the contract, change it before you sign it. DUH!

15 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

You are reaching.  

Rodgers doesn't have a "No Trade" clause - who's fault is that? 

Far as the rest, it's the nature of the biz. He sure seemed fined with his destiny when he cashed that $60m signing bonus check. 

55 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Far as the rest, it's the nature of the biz. He sure seemed fined with his destiny when he cashed that $60m signing bonus check. 

This.

I certainly don't like a lot of things about the nfl labor system... but it is collectively bargained for, pretty transparent, and fairly easily understandable.

Rodgers chose money over control. And now he regrets it. Tough sh!t.

6 hours ago, Cruzer said:

What would having a no trade clause do at this point in time of his career? Explain.

5 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I certainly don't like a lot of things about the nfl labor system... but it is collectively bargained for, pretty transparent, and fairly easily understandable.

The NFL CBA is a joke. The NFL plants a leader of the NFLPA and then focks the players. They ALWAYS entice them with more "up front guaranteed" money, and because the agents are so greedy, they jump at it. The other 99% of the CBA is a gang rape. 

I don’t respect a guy like Rodgers whining about the third or fourth contract he’s signed. But I don’t blame a running back who’s getting used up his first three years saying Fock that, you gotta pay me. I remember when Emmitt held out and I thought he was wrong. Now I don’t blame him.  

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t respect a guy like Rodgers whining about the third or fourth contract he’s signed. But I don’t blame a running back who’s getting used up his first three years saying Fock that, you gotta pay me. I remember when Emmitt held out and I thought he was wrong. Now I don’t blame him.  

I feel for RBs but the state of the position is a committee and fairly interchangeable.

Is Rodgers complaining about his contract? Or does he just want a date as to when they can go their separate ways?  

18 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I feel for RBs but the state of the position is a committee and fairly interchangeable.

Is Rodgers complaining about his contract? Or does he just want a date as to when they can go their separate ways?  

For most Rb’s yeah.  But the special ones get used up. Even that idiot LeVeon Bell had a point. He’s just lucky the Jets were dumb enough to pay him. Only takes one. Rodgers is biching about something, and I’m sure it’s contract related. Or part of it. 

51 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

The NFL CBA is a joke. The NFL plants a leader of the NFLPA and then focks the players. They ALWAYS entice them with more "up front guaranteed" money, and because the agents are so greedy, they jump at it. The other 99% of the CBA is a gang rape. 

Sure. The players are short sided and stupid. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

When has Rodger's complained about his contract?   Rodger's is upset with ownership whose had the boot on Rodger's butt and was not trying to win immediately.  Rodgee's wanted to play several more years and wanted some help on offense.  Instead of keeping or getting key players to help them win now, they draft his replacement.  That is what Rodgers is mad about, he wants some additional offensive weapons.  And then instead of giving Rodgers help, they leak a bunch of crap to the media trying to make the issue about money.    It is pretty dysfunctional if them.  

7 minutes ago, jonmx said:

When has Rodger's complained about his contract?   Rodger's is upset with ownership whose had the boot on Rodger's butt and was not trying to win immediately.  Rodgee's wanted to play several more years and wanted some help on offense.  Instead of keeping or getting key players to help them win now, they draft his replacement.  That is what Rodgers is mad about, he wants some additional offensive weapons.  And then instead of giving Rodgers help, they leak a bunch of crap to the media trying to make the issue about money.    It is pretty dysfunctional if them.  

He signed to be the QB, not the GM. Ran McCarthy off, who deserved it. But he showed him up a lot too. What additional offensive weapon does he need? He’s had plenty. Lacy, Jones, Jordy, Adams, many more.  Lots of qb’s have won with less. When did he not have a top notch Wr? It doesn’t count if you don’t take them in the first round? Kinda hard when you’re picking at the back every year. Yeah, they could have done more. Let’s not act like he’s had nothing to work with. He’s had better tools than Favre did. 

5 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

What would having a no trade clause do at this point in time of his career? Explain.

The claim was Rodgers had no control over his destiny, could just be traded.

Those with No Trade clauses have control over their destiny, least as far as being traded - don't have to worry about it. 

Rodgers is the topic at hand, but it could be anyone. Anyone who signs a deal and fails to live up to it - Fk'm. 

10 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

This.

Rodgers chose money over control. And now he regrets it. Tough sh!t.

I also get a kick out of these QBs who cry about the lack of help around them. 

Mind you, they don't want to give up any of their money - they want al the $$$ they can get... Then cry when the team is too strapped to surround them with help. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I also get a kick out of these QBs who cry about the lack of help around them. 

Mind you, they don't want to give up any of their money - they want al the $$$ they can get... Then cry when the team is too strapped to surround them with help. :rolleyes:

The cap needs reforming. Bad.

It isn't fair to expect QBs to effectively pay their teammates salary.

It isn't fair how star RB get focked. 

7 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

The claim was Rodgers had no control over his destiny, could just be traded.

Those with No Trade clauses have control over their destiny, least as far as being traded - don't have to worry about it. 

Rodgers is the topic at hand, but it could be anyone. Anyone who signs a deal and fails to live up to it - Fk'm. 

He pretty much has a no trade clause.  It is:  I won't show up if your crap team trades for me.

So only teams he would play for will bother looking into a trade.

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Rodgers' gripe isn't about his weapons.

HTH

Well Packers fans, including you, keep saying they don’t draft skill  players in the first. So what? They still get him plenty.  

6 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

How is this not fair? You get what you are worth.

I feel for them because they take damage and have shorter primes.  

But how much more fair is it than 32 employers bidding on your services?  Just because your profession (RB) is saturated...doesn't mean it isn't fair.

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

He pretty much has a no trade clause.  It is:  I won't show up if your crap team trades for me.

So only teams he would play for will bother looking into a trade.

Don't show up, don't get paid... That's not a no trade clause. 

But how much more fair is it than 32 employers bidding on your services?  Just because your profession (RB) is saturated...doesn't mean it isn't fair.

It’s not saturated with top end talent. They are rare and get used up quick. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well Packers fans, including you, keep saying they don’t draft skill  players in the first. So what? They still get him plenty.  

Thats not exactly my stance although they have wasted time dumping  a TON of high picks on defense only to watch it get no results.  

But what does this have to do with Rodgers and what his gripe is?

12 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

It isn't fair to expect QBs to effectively pay their teammates salary.

The Cap is fine.

QBs are paid under the same umbrella as everyone else. They want to money grab and eat up the biggest chunk of the Cap, cool - deal with what's left.

RBs get no sympathy either. Nobody made them do it - they chose to do it. The game has moved away from them, they aren't the end all they used to be. As such, they're pay is reflected.. Unless you have a dumbass owner like Jerry - and he gives them $90m. :doh:

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Thats not exactly my stance although they have wasted time dumping  a TON of high picks on defense only to watch it get no results.  

But what does this have to do with Rodgers and what his gripe is?

What’s his gripe then? He makes plenty, and has lots of talent. So they got some draft picks wrong. Got some right too. They got rid of McCarthy as well. Hell, they got rid of Favre for him, who still had gas in the tank. 

It’s not saturated with top end talent. They are rare and get used up quick. 

When you have a short prime how do you expect to get some long hige contract? 

McCaffrey got paid fairly well.

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Because the first time a stud rb gets to actually try to negotiate with those 32 employers is AFTER being exploited by his college for several years, then paid low rookie wages, then tagged a time or two...

A rb career is half over by the time that chance arrives. 

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

When you have a short prime how do you expect to get some long hige contract? 

McCaffrey got paid fairly well.

He’s the exception. Now if a guy like Barkley finally has a full season and performs, he’ll be looking for more. He should have to wait. They haven’t won a damn thing with him and he’s been MIA a bunch. He has not outperformed his contract or been used up. 

What’s his gripe then? He makes plenty, and has lots of talent. So they got some draft picks wrong. Got some right too. They got rid of McCarthy as well. Hell, they got rid of Favre for him, who still had gas in the tank. 

If you haven't followed along I'm not going to go over it all now.  Ill revisit this post tonight.

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Because the first time a stud rb gets to actually try to negotiate with those 32 employers is AFTER being exploited by his college for several years, then paid low rookie wages, then tagged a time or two...

A rb career is half over by the time that chance arrives. 

Oh well.

Push to play CB in high school then.

If you haven't followed along I'm not going to go over it all now.  Ill revisit this post tonight.

Ok. My point is this whole “he doesn’t have talent around him” thing is wrong. Jones and Adams will be first round picks in nearly every fantasy draft. 

Ok. My point is this whole “he doesn’t have talent around him” thing is wrong. Jones and Adams will be first round picks in nearly every fantasy draft. 

He has talent.  They have been good enough to hit on guys down thr board for sure.  Lazard and MVS would be 4th WRs on many teams however. 

Id rather just load up on offense and play track ball than getting no where on endless assets spent on defense is never good.

He has weapons tho.  They were ths best offense in the league.  The coach is great at scheming.  Rodgers knows this.