joneo

Sounds like Rodgers is retiring

25 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

He has talent.  They have been good enough to hit on guys down thr board for sure.  Lazard and MVS would be 4th WRs on many teams however. 

Id rather just load up on offense and play track ball than getting no where on endless assets spent on defense is never good.

He has weapons tho.  They were ths best offense in the league.  The coach is great at scheming.  Rodgers knows this.

Then what was the problem? He said the culture. I think a guy from Northern California with a nut job actress for a fiancé might not be talking about the culture of the team. It’s a thought. 

30 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What’s his gripe then? He makes plenty, and has lots of talent. So they got some draft picks wrong. Got some right too. They got rid of McCarthy as well. Hell, they got rid of Favre for him, who still had gas in the tank. 

Rodgers spoke.  Add to this they dumped his qb coach that he was real close with.  He won't go on about it because it isnt Love's fault but being blindsided by moving up in the 1st selecting his replacement after he said he wanted to play several more years...

https://mobile.twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1420433233817243650?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Then what was the problem? He said the culture. I think a guy from Northern California with a nut job actress for a fiancé might not be talking about the culture of the team. It’s a thought. 

What is it about then? Tell me all you know?

9 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I think he wanted out. It’s that simple. I don’t think he likes the lifestyle in Greenbay. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think he wanted out. It’s that simple. I don’t think he likes the lifestyle in Greenbay. 

He is telling all in his presser. Cliff notes down below.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RossUglem

I get where you are coming from by saying that.  But I disagree.

I have a golfing buddy who is older than me.  His daughter moved out to Oregon a few years back and works at a big resort.  Brady and Rodgers were both there as she bartended.  Brady left real early.  Rodgers stayed till close.  Had a great time.  Danced and made jokes.  I dont think he is quite like you think.  Probably not what I thought either.  The story he told me via his daughter was pretty cool and surprising.

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

New York is where he'd rather play

He gets allergic smelling Green Bay

He would just adore a penthouse view

Packers he hates you

So trade him to New York's best venue

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

He is telling all in his presser. Cliff notes down below.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RossUglem

I get where you are coming from by saying that.  But I disagree.

I have a golfing buddy who is older than me.  His daughter moved out to Oregon a few years back and works at a big resort.  Brady and Rodgers were both there as she bartended.  Brady left real early.  Rodgers stayed till close.  Had a great time.  Danced and made jokes.  I dont think he is quite like you think.  Probably not what I thought either.  The story he told me via his daughter was pretty cool and surprising.

But now he’s getting married, maybe starting a family. If he gets to go somewhere else he can set up post playing opportunities there. Like Brady. He sees that and says so can I. Probably really wants to be a 49’r. 

But now he’s getting married, maybe starting a family. If he gets to go somewhere else he can set up post playing opportunities there. Like Brady. He sees that and says so can I. Probably really wants to be a 49’r. 

It was a great press conference.  He was as candid as he can be.  If you don't believe his answers thats gine but we have nothing to really debate.  

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

The claim was Rodgers had no control over his destiny, could just be traded.

Those with No Trade clauses have control over their destiny, least as far as being traded - don't have to worry about it. 

Rodgers is the topic at hand, but it could be anyone. Anyone who signs a deal and fails to live up to it - Fk'm. 

Years ago, there was a great clip of Pedro Martinez saying how both sides should honor contracts. Maybe someone can find it. 

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

It was a great press conference.  He was as candid as he can be.  If you don't believe his answers thats gine but we have nothing to really debate.  

I believe him. I also believe if he had the chance he would be gone. He know’s that can’t happen right now so he’s making the best of it. 

“The organization looks at me and my job as just to play,” Rodgers said. He explained that, given his unique circumstances, he should have “a little more input.”

He expressed frustration with the team’s failure to seek his opinion on matters such as players who will or won’t stay with the team.

“At least to be in the conversation makes it feel like you’re important, you’re respected,” Rodgers said.

* Ummm, you are an employee. You're paid to show up, paid to play. 

* Failure top seek his opinion... So he basically wants to be player/GM bcoz, well - he's a special kind of diva and feels entitled. 

* Sooo, signing the 2018 deal making Rog the highest paid player in NFL history (at the time) - didn't make him feel important and/or respected.....................really? 

8 hours ago, Cruzer said:

“The organization looks at me and my job as just to play,” Rodgers said. He explained that, given his unique circumstances, he should have “a little more input.”

He expressed frustration with the team’s failure to seek his opinion on matters such as players who will or won’t stay with the team.

“At least to be in the conversation makes it feel like you’re important, you’re respected,” Rodgers said.

* Failure top seek his opinion... So he basically wants to be player/GM bcoz, well - he's a special kind of diva and feels entitled. 

* Sooo, signing the 2018 deal making Rog the highest paid player in NFL history (at the time) - didn't make him feel important and/or respected.....................really? 

You are being dramatic.  Rodgers talks to guys.  He knows what Brady Manning Brees get as far as input.  Where in GB he says he likes Jake Kunerow and thought he was the 2nd best WR through camp.  Then they cut him.  He cant even get them to keep a 5th WR he likes.  

No if you listened to thr presser you would have heard that hr doesnt expect to make decisions.  But he thought he may have been invited to thr conversation once in a while.  No he doesnt want to be GM anymore than any other of thr 1st ballot HOF QBs lately. 

It is 2021.  Your post sounds like it is from the 60s.  It is Aaron Rodgers.  Yeah man hes an employee just show up in play.

By the way he IS showing up and playing.  Zero holdout.

8 hours ago, Cruzer said:

This is what gets me. All these pundits that say Rodgers should have input on personnel decisions because he has earned it. How has he earned it? Every scout and personnel guy that has devoted their career to player evaluation and building a complete team has earned it more than Rodgers has. 

The Packers just traded for Randall Cobb, which seems like an odd move to placate Rodgers. These are the types of moves they have to make for Rodgers to be happy? It's an awful move to throw away a 6th round draft pick and spend $6 million on a guy that is no better (at this point of his career) than other receivers already fighting for a roster spot. He just happens to be good friends with Rodgers. This is why he shouldn't have input.

Gutekunst can't be making moves to make Rodgers happy because it's his job to keep the team competitive every year. If he goes all in and it doesn't work out, he's out of a job. Hell even if it does work out and they don't have a replacement for Rodgers, he's out of a job. What the average time a GM with no QB lasts in the job before being fired?

Just now, Brad GLuckman said:

This is what gets me. All these pundits that say Rodgers should have input on personnel decisions because he has earned it. How has he earned it? Every scout and personnel guy that has devoted their career to player evaluation and building a complete team has earned it more than Rodgers has. 

The Packers just traded for Randall Cobb, which seems like an odd move to placate Rodgers. These are the types of moves they have to make for Rodgers to be happy? It's an awful move to throw away a 6th round draft pick and spend $6 million on a guy that is no better (at this point of his career) than other receivers already fighting for a roster spot. He just happens to be good friends with Rodgers. This is why he shouldn't have input.

Gutekunst can't be making moves to make Rodgers happy because it's his job to keep the team competitive every year. If he goes all in and it doesn't work out, he's out of a job. Hell even if it does work out and they don't have a replacement for Rodgers, he's out of a job. What the average time a GM with no QB lasts in the job before being fired?

Cobb had a solid year 2 years ago.  

You think 5 mil and a late 6th rounder is too much for another vet WR familiar with the QB?

You are the only one i have heard with that take.  Everyone else says it was a steal.  

Do you realize Cobb is a mentor to Amari Rodgers? Do you realize they know eachother well? 

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Cobb had a solid year 2 years ago.  

You think 5 mil and a late 6th rounder is too much for another vet WR familiar with the QB?

You are the only one i have heard with that take.  Everyone else says it was a steal.  

Do you realize Cobb is a mentor to Amari Rodgers? Do you realize they know eachother well? 

I realize both of those things. I also realize they have the same exact role in the offense. They will rarely be on the field at the same time. So are we benching our new draft pick for Cobb or did we just trade for Cobb to backup Rodgers?

Unless MLF is going to unleash some new dual slot heavy offense, I don't get it. 

Just now, Brad GLuckman said:

I realize both of those things. I also realize they have the same exact role in the offense. They will rarely be on the field at the same time. So are we benching our new draft pick for Cobb or did we just trade for Cobb to backup Rodgers?

Unless MLF is going to unleash some new dual slot heavy offense, I don't get it. 

Amari is a 3rd round rookie.  Cobb helps this team who is a SB contender this year more than he does.  Not even close.  Of course Cobb is injured a lot.  

Bench a 3rd round rookie?  Lol.  We drafted Jordan Love in the 1st and he sits there and withers his rookie contract away but you think we are wasting a 3rd round rookie WRs season if he doesn't start right away?

Devante Adams is now one of the very best WRs in thr league.  He couldn't catch his first 2 years.  But yes Amari Rodgers a 3rd round slot is coming in a playing loads of reps. 

11 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Amari is a 3rd round rookie.  Cobb helps this team who is a SB contender this year more than he does.  Not even close.  Of course Cobb is injured a lot.  

Bench a 3rd round rookie?  Lol.  We drafted Jordan Love in the 1st and he sits there and withers his rookie contract away but you think we are wasting a 3rd round rookie WRs season if he doesn't start right away?

Devante Adams is now one of the very best WRs in thr league.  He couldn't catch his first 2 years.  But yes Amari Rodgers a 3rd round slot is coming in a playing loads of reps. 

Love was drafted to sit. Rodgers was drafted to start immediately. We are talking about a guy that the team moved on from like 3 years ago and that they just traded to get back. How does that make sense?

He has had one impactful year out of his last 3. Yes injuries played a part there but he's not getting any younger. It wasn't a move to make the team better. It was a move to make Aaron happy.

All of Aaron's complaints aren't due to the front office not keeping the most talented guy. Its when they don't keep his friends (Jordy, Kumerow, QB coach).

11 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Love was drafted to sit. Rodgers was drafted to start immediately. We are talking about a guy that the team moved on from like 3 years ago and that they just traded to get back. How does that make sense?

He has had one impactful year out of his last 3. Yes injuries played a part there but he's not getting any younger. It wasn't a move to make the team better. It was a move to make Aaron happy.

All of Aaron's complaints aren't due to the front office not keeping the most talented guy. Its when they don't keep his friends (Jordy, Kumerow, QB coach).

I don't see the hurt in having 1 more capable WR in a 17 game season when you are tryibg to play in February.   They are an Adams injury away from having a crap WR group.  

I'm not saying it wasn't to appease Rodgers.  But I don't think it was a bad move.  5 mill and a 6th for a vet WR isn't a bad thing to me.  

To get back on subject....Rodgers just wants to be part other conversation.  Yeah the vets they let walk were his friends because ya know they played years together.  Woodson went to a pro bowl in Oakland.  Peppers had like 11 more sacks.  A 3 time MVP 1 time SB 17 year vet of thr franchise deserves some sort of input.  Not decisions.  But input.

7 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I don't see the hurt in having 1 more capable WR in a 17 game season when you are tryibg to play in February.   They are an Adams injury away from having a crap WR group.  

I'm not saying it wasn't to appease Rodgers.  But I don't think it was a bad move.  5 mill and a 6th for a vet WR isn't a bad thing to me.  

To get back on subject....Rodgers just wants to be part other conversation.  Yeah the vets they let walk were his friends because ya know they played years together.  Woodson went to a pro bowl in Oakland.  Peppers had like 11 more sacks.  A 3 time MVP 1 time SB 17 year vet of thr franchise deserves some sort of input.  Not decisions.  But input.

I understand your points on Cobb. I don't agree but I see where you're coming from.

The Packers are known to move on from a player a little early rather than a little late. I think this is part of what bothers Rodgers.

As far as input. I agree they should listen to him, to a point. With him, trust in receivers is important. It should play into the decision on who makes the roster. It should be considered. I agree with you there. But age and potential also need to be considered and that's why Rodgers should understand why they decided to move on from a guy like Kumerow, even if he had faith on him.

Brad and 23 both with good points, but what I come back to is the fact that Cobb struggled to get separation his last few years in GB.  For that reason, I don't like the move.  Hopefully he proves me wrong.

19 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Rodgers wanted something his way, then got his feelings hurt when management/ownership said "no" to him. 😢

31 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I understand your points on Cobb. I don't agree but I see where you're coming from.

The Packers are known to move on from a player a little early rather than a little late. I think this is part of what bothers Rodgers.

As far as input. I agree they should listen to him, to a point. With him, trust in receivers is important. It should play into the decision on who makes the roster. It should be considered. I agree with you there. But age and potential also need to be considered and that's why Rodgers should understand why they decided to move on from a guy like Kumerow, even if he had faith on him.

They had Brady scout WRs in Tampa.  

No one is saying let Rodgers scout WRs.  

But when he likes Jake Kumerow and they cut him for who was it Malik Taylor or Sheppard?   Come on.  Thats ridiculous.  Both those WRs are no better than Kumerow and we knew it.  Just keep Kumerow as the last WR.  You think if Manning or Brees said I really like so and so as the last roster spot...those teams would then cut said WR they liked?  Not a chance.

1 minute ago, joneo said:

Rodgers wanted something his way, then got his feelings hurt when management/ownership said "no" to him. 😢

I understand you have little experience with HOF caliber QB being a Vikings fan and all.  I wouldn't expect you to get it.  

33 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Brad and 23 both with good points, but what I come back to is the fact that Cobb struggled to get separation his last few years in GB.  For that reason, I don't like the move.  Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Lafleur is great at scheming guys open.  They like big slots for run blocking but Cobb brings experience in the slot and I bet they make it work.    Now they have 4 guys outside of Adams they can sub in and out and create matchups for.  Cobb had 800 and some yards 2 years ago.  No one is asking him to be a bonafide #2.  If he comes in is good in the locker room.  Mentors others.  And catches 40 balls.   I think it is a good signing.  We shal see.

I can understand Rodgers point even if he's a total d1ck. He's got a legit beef. The idiot GM thought he was gonna make a name for himself and one up Ted Thompson who drafted Rodgers after he fell all the way to him back in 2005. This idiot couldn't tell the difference between a legit NFL franchise QB and the garbage he drafted. The team was a legit SB contender, needed D help and the idiot wasted the pick on a worthless lotto pick of a QB. One of the dumbest moves ever made even worse by the fact that the clown traded up to get this zero.

Fock the Packers.  I hope they are in QB hell after Rodgers is done.  It's ridiculous for one team to have two HoF QBs for 30 straight years.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

They had Brady scout WRs in Tampa.  

No one is saying let Rodgers scout WRs.  

But when he likes Jake Kumerow and they cut him for who was it Malik Taylor or Sheppard?   Come on.  Thats ridiculous.  Both those WRs are no better than Kumerow and we knew it.  Just keep Kumerow as the last WR.  You think if Manning or Brees said I really like so and so as the last roster spot...those teams would then cut said WR they liked?  Not a chance.

Brady has no business scouting WRs, but if it makes him feel good then more power to them I guess.

Kumerow, Shepherd, and Taylor were all bottom tier WRs fighting for a roster spot. The difference is Kumerow is 4 years older than them. It was 100% known where Kumerow's ceiling was. The other guys at least had potential. I think any GM in the league will take the younger guy in that spot.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Fock the Packers.  I hope they are in QB hell after Rodgers is done.  It's ridiculous for one team to have two HoF QBs for 30 straight years.

Why? They drafted him. Sour grapes. 

Why? They drafted him. Sour grapes. 

Because I'm a Bear's fan.  The sourest of grapes.

13 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Because I'm a Bear's fan.  The sourest of grapes.

Makes sense. I’m just glad Rodgers is playing. Would have messed up fantasy and I need him to beat the Bears. I want that draft pick to be high as possible. 

38 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I understand you have little experience with HOF caliber QB being a Vikings fan and all.  I wouldn't expect you to get it.  

I understand you slobbering on Rodger's cawk cuz you're a deep throating fudge packer fan. I wouldn't expect you to be any other way.

Packer and Bears fans quibbling over their combined 3 Super Bowls in the last 50 years. Amusing. 

2 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Brady has no business scouting WRs, but if it makes him feel good then more power to them I guess.

Kumerow, Shepherd, and Taylor were all bottom tier WRs fighting for a roster spot. The difference is Kumerow is 4 years older than them. It was 100% known where Kumerow's ceiling was. The other guys at least had potential. I think any GM in the league will take the younger guy in that spot.

Why for a team that has 2 championships in 30 years of HOF QB play want to kick the can down the road for potential in rookie FA type players?  When they are in win now mode?  It makes no sense.  Yes they were younger...but how much talent did they actually possess? When we are talking choosing between 3 career bottom of thr depth chart of practice squad players....just take the focking guy your MVP QB likes and is in most rhythm with.  Seems simple to me andnot much to expect.  

1 hour ago, joneo said:

I understand you slobbering on Rodger's cawk cuz you're a deep throating fudge packer fan. I wouldn't expect you to be any other way.

Who is slobbing his cawk? Because I agree with him a little?  I have already admitted he is petty in most instances.

Skol vikings or whatever you goofballs say.

It was a decent run but, the window is/has been closed.  They haven't been an actual threat for some time.  I'm guessing the reason they didn't listen to his suggestions was because he is a colossal DBag.  The less interaction they have to have with him, probably the better.  Great on the field, who cares what he thinks about personnel decisions.  They hired other people for that job. 

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

It was a decent run but, the window is/has been closed.  They haven't been an actual threat for some time.  I'm guessing the reason they didn't listen to his suggestions was because he is a colossal DBag.  The less interaction they have to have with him, probably the better.  Great on the field, who cares what he thinks about personnel decisions.  They hired other people for that job. 

They are tied for 4th at 12 to 1 to win it this year.  So yes window quite closed but not shut. 

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

They are tied for 4th at 12 to 1 to win it this year.  So yes window quite closed but not shut. 

Really good regular season team, don't have what it takes to win in the playoffs. Been a theme for a while.

13 minutes ago, Reality said:

Really good regular season team, don't have what it takes to win in the playoffs. Been a theme for a while.

Oh for sure.  I wouldnt say the window is anymore closed than it was the last few years then.  They brought back most everyone.  They have a chance if they get a couple bounces.  They gave TB the game last year.  

5 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

You are being dramatic.

By the way he IS showing up and playing.  Zero holdout.

Not at all.. but you are being a blinded apologist. 

And course he's showing up. He might be a bat shiit/wacked diva, but he's not stupid - not turning his back on damn near $40m. 

49 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Why for a team that has 2 championships in 30 years of HOF QB play want to kick the can down the road for potential in rookie FA type players?  When they are in win now mode?  It makes no sense.  Yes they were younger...but how much talent did they actually possess? When we are talking choosing between 3 career bottom of thr depth chart of practice squad players....just take the focking guy your MVP QB likes and is in most rhythm with.  Seems simple to me andnot much to expect.  

There are only 53 roster spots. They are valuable spots to these guys, even if you consider them insignificant.

Should they have done it to make Rodgers happy? Maybe, considering he is so upset about it and hes the most valuable guy in the entire organization. But the right football move is to keep the younger guy. I understand a guy who has spent his entire career evaluating personnel wanting to keep the player with more potential. I also get that you have to consider the fact that Rodgers is so sensitive and you dont want to upset him. Its not black and white.