Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Obesity is a much larger issue than Covid

We shut down for covid but then they say big is beautiful.  

It really makes zero sense.  

Because feelings and stuff I suppose.

26 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

She has a tattoo. Edgy. Did she explain to the tattoo guy about her past traumas and how to touch her? 

I agree with OP.  I said multiple times last year that I was hopeful that covid would inspire people to get healthier but was disappointed it didn’t seem to happen.

But even if it did, that wasn’t going to be a quick process so it’s not like it would have really reduced covid deaths.  Not to mention that age was much more of a factor in covid deaths than obesity (obesity was a big factor in hospitalizations though).

But if we’re talking present tense, yes it’s a much larger issue because now there’s a vaccine for covid.  Is there a vaccine for obesity?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I agree with OP.  I said multiple times last year that I was hopeful that covid would inspire people to get healthier but was disappointed it didn’t seem to happen.

But even if it did, that wasn’t going to be a quick process so it’s not like it would have really reduced covid deaths.  Not to mention that age was much more of a factor in covid deaths than obesity (obesity was a big factor in hospitalizations though).

But if we’re talking present tense, yes it’s a much larger issue because now there’s a vaccine for covid.  Is there a vaccine for obesity?

Im not sure the vaccine works all that great.  Eating less and exercising 100% does work.  But we as a society encourage people to be happy about being fat.  It is beautiful I hear.

Get your vaccine.  Go sit in bed.  Watch netflixs.  And amazon will ship you stuff.  You are now safe.

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

someone give that thing covid and do it a favor.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Im not sure the vaccine works all that great.  Eating less and exercising 100% does work.  But we as a society encourage people to be happy about being fat.  It is beautiful I hear.

Get your vaccine.  Go sit in bed.  Watch netflixs.  And amazon will ship you stuff.  You are now safe.

Of course eating less and exercising works.  After about 6-12 months.

In regards to covid and exercising it was unfortunate that during the initial lockdown some countries wouldn’t even let people outside to go for a walk.  Fortunately the US didn’t do that and I believe most parks stayed open (although I know some closed things like basketball courts).   I know there were some articles claiming things like you could get covid from running behind someone but if that was the case the whole country would have gotten covid in the first few months.

It’s a huge one for sure (no pun intended). Gotta knock out these processed foods and added sugars. Fortunately a lot of things are trending in the right direction these days, but gotta stay vigilant :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It’s a huge one for sure (no pun intended). Gotta knock out these processed foods and added sugars. Fortunately a lot of things are trending in the right direction these days, but gotta stay vigilant :thumbsup:

Yep, keep working at it Worms. The GC is pulling for ya!

• Confused 1

Liberals never cease to amaze me. They talk about the miracle that is the vaccine and all of its benefits, but once I mention cutting down on obesity I am now the enemy. Even though it reduces Covid symptom severity...

17 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Liberals never cease to amaze me. They talk about the miracle that is the vaccine and all of its benefits, but once I mention cutting down on obesity I am now the enemy. Even though it reduces Covid symptom severity...

They probably think you’re making that argument in bad faith. :thumbsup: 

22 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Wtf are you talking about?  I mostly see people agreeing with you, and only one liberal had even posted before you made this post (Worms, who also agreed with you).

46 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Wtf are you talking about?  I mostly see people agreeing with you, and only one liberal had even posted before you made this post (Worms, who also agreed with you).

I was referring to Twitter. Not the GC

3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I was referring to Twitter. Not the GC

Okay well are any of those people in this thread? :argue:

• Sad 1

I see fat people literally every where. Step outside my house, fat people, go to the store, fat people, hit the gym, fat people, look in the mirror, fat people.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I see fat people literally every where. Step outside my house, fat people, go to the store, fat people, hit the gym, fat people, look in the mirror, fat people.

I went to Wal-Mart this morning :shocking:

• Thanks 1

Can’t tell someone is fat nowadays cause “it hurts their feelings”. I also love it when they say “you’re not my/their doctor! You don’t know if they’re healthy or not! Just because they’re bigger doesn’t mean they have health issues!”  True. Just cause you’re a smoker doesn’t mean you have health issues. Yet. Keyword there. YET. But smoking leads to cancer just like being fat leads to a multitude of illnesses. ALOT more than the idiot libs realize 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Kopy said:

I went to Wal-Mart this morning :shocking:

My first year here, my roommate at the time (Malaysian) made a comment about some chick that she was fat. I told him fat doesn't exist in China. He didn't understand.

As it happened, I was going home the following week. So I went to Walmart, video called my friend, put the phone in my shirt pocket and walked around.

He was blown away. That is something you really only see in America in a widespread way. Hell, it shocks me when I go home now, and I AM A fat fock American. 

2 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Can’t tell someone is fat nowadays cause “it hurts their feelings”. I also love it when they say “you’re not my/their doctor! You don’t know if they’re healthy or not! Just because they’re bigger doesn’t mean they have health issues!”  True. Just cause you’re a smoker doesn’t mean you have health issues. Yet. Keyword there. YET. But smoking leads to cancer just like being fat leads to a multitude of illnesses. ALOT more than the idiot libs realize 

The real problem is that our entire society is geared to make us fat.

Like here in China... if I were not eating American food chains, it would be very very difficult to achieve and maintain obesity.

Most of our food is cheap garbage with next to zero nutritional value and chock full of sugar and corn syrup.

Everything in America is sweet as fock when you compare it to most places. With one odd exception... ketchup.

Then toss in the fact that our entire country is designed to revolve around the automobile, one or more jobs, a kid or two...

Obviously it can be done. But it's much harder in America than anywhere else. I watch my little rich spoiled students eat McDonald's and KFC everyday, guzzle coke,... I have a lot of students that are 9 years old and outweigh their parents.

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

Re no fatties in japan.;

Sumo wrestlers?

What are they? Irish?

Sumo wrestlers often have to consume 7,000 calories a day to maintain that weight. They aren't fat by accident.

Did you know that when you become a sumo wrestler, you have to be an apprentice first? One of your duties (pun intended) is to wipe your masters ass, as he can't reach. 

13 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I must say, covid hasn't helped. 90% of people I k ow are carrying at least an extra 10 from 2 years ago. Good Food availability is about to go south, which means even more junk at supermarkets. 

Liberals struggle with statistics.

They sacrifice logic where reality does not further a socio-political agenda.

While statistics tend to tell us that people need to be more active and control their diets better to avoid obesity....this might tend to hurt someones wittul feewings....and therefore they should be left to suffer, die early, bloat our medical expenses overall to avoid a huwt feewing....

It makes no sense, but lines up perfectly with their "logic" across all elements where they would rather have ACTUAL harm increase to feel better about themselves that they did something that mattered; when it really was just harmful and in no way helpful.

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Liberals struggle with statistics.

They sacrifice logic where reality does not further a socio-political agenda.

While statistics tend to tell us that people need to be more active and control their diets better to avoid obesity....this might tend to hurt someones wittul feewings....and therefore they should be left to suffer, die early, bloat our medical expenses overall to avoid a huwt feewing....

It makes no sense, but lines up perfectly with their "logic" across all elements where they would rather have ACTUAL harm increase to feel better about themselves that they did something that mattered; when it really was just harmful and in no way helpful.

just a guess here, but I would say out of the obese Americans, 75% are Repubs.

3 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Good point. Trump is lucky he survived Covid, since he was the fattest POTUS since Taft. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Mostly poor people, who have fewer healthy options.  I'll bet the demographics of the poor are pretty much in line with the rest of America. 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Good point. Trump is lucky he survived Covid, since he was the fattest POTUS since Taft. :thumbsup: 

Trump is ultra slim compared to you and yours. 

🐮 Mooo....  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

On 7/25/2021 at 7:35 AM, Fireballer said:

So a couple of things. Fat shaming in the medical community is real, HOWEVER...there are several health issues that can be helped if not resolved if one loses some body weight. Diabetes is one. 

This person is at an OB appointment and I'd bet money she's been diagnosed with PCOS. The fact that the first comment is that her other doctor blamed it on her weight and wanted to put her on medications that made her feel crappy...she was probably told to lose weight, go on Metformin, and it would help...as this is the classic PCOS protocol where many doctor's start. PCOS is nasty and turns in to a vicious cycle. She didn't seem to want to hear this. She was more thankful that the second doctor addressed her pronouns correctly and then asked about how to touch her. 

I have so many mixed feelings about this tik tok, I am glad the doctor addressed her pronouns right, but addressing her weight is so important, too. You don't see many morbidly obese 50 or 60 year olds for a reason.