Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Who here has or would let a sibling live with you?

My younger brother lived with me in Dallas for a couple of years. 

Didn’t turn out well.

Stole from me, wouldn’t work, never contributed.  

2 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I could never do it.

I had two sisters.  One now.  It may be different if you had brothers.

2 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Yep though guess it could be a good thing.

Perhaps.

Life is full of perhapses.

Nephew with his wife and child ( 6 months ) ,  brother in law and his kid ( 1 year ) , long time friend after divorce ( 3 months ) . Open house for family and friends that aren't sh!tbags in need 

My brother died In 2004. 

Another still lives. 

I'd kill to wake up and see the former. 

The latter? Not if he showed up with a new liver and  nnymphomaniac supermodel bartender who carves steak. 

• Sad 1

Back in the day, I lived with one of my sisters for a few months (my house...rental at the time)  and it was fukkin amazing.  
All the hot girls she was frineds with from highschool came over on a somewhat regular basis and for some stoopid reason, some of them actually liked me :banana:

Also, both of my sisters are great peeps and we have always been close and will continue to be until my death. 

I haven’t. There was some discussion of taking in my former BIL, back when I was married. I was willing to do it because I think it’s important to support family, but I also fully expected it to go awry and was quite happy when it didn’t end up happening. He had drug issues, sure that would’ve popped up plus theft etc

Have 1 sister, who does very/very well.

But if for whatever reason she needed a place to live - absolutely would take her in. 

My younger brother moved in with me on the day I bought my house July 1, 1994

He was in a terrible rental situation so I was glad to help out. Charged him a very modest amount of rent.

Worked completely different shifts so we weren't there at the same time very often.

Worked out great. 

He bought his own home in 1999.

Shared an apartment with my brother for a while. We are both laid back so it was cool. Was a nice place but we eventually went our separate ways. 

4 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Shared an apartment with my brother for a while. We are both laid back so it was cool. Was a nice place but we eventually went our separate ways. 

Crazy story 

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I haven’t. There was some discussion of taking in my former BIL, back when I was married. I was willing to do it because I think it’s important to support family, but I also fully expected it to go awry and was quite happy when it didn’t end up happening. He had drug issues, sure that would’ve popped up plus theft etc

crazy story.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

Back in the day, I lived with one of my sisters for a few months (my house...rental at the time)  and it was fukkin amazing.  
All the hot girls she was frineds with from highschool came over on a somewhat regular basis and for some stoopid reason, some of them actually liked me :banana:

Also, both of my sisters are great peeps and we have always been close and will continue to be until my death. 

There’s a whole lotta cans that need sizing. :mad:

8 hours ago, Drizzay said:

My SIL lived with is for 4 months.  It was horrible.

Same here.  It was fine for a while. Then the two sisters had a fight and it got ugly.  She moved out and now they are friends again 

My sister and her kids stayed with us for a week or two.  If it was any longer, I'd pay rent for her to have her own place.  It's not worth bringing the chaos into my home.

No. 

My wives were lucky I permitted them to live with me. I value me time more than gold. 

9 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Crazy story 

did not know it was a thread requiring a crazy story.  but thanks for the commentary. 

2 hours ago, bostonlager said:

I value me time more than gold. 

ARGHHH

• Haha 1

I have one brother (1 year younger) and would absolutely let him live with me if he needed a place, temporarily at least.  He’s successful in life (manages construction projects) and it is hard to imagine he’d need something for more than a short time. He’s very mechanically inclined, so I can put him to work on that extended patio I’d like on the house we are buying. :D  Longer term, maybe if we were both widowers — he’s super chill, we’d get along fine.

But we are both married… and we’ve spent enough time with his wife to know that for the sake of our relationships, it’s best that we not spend more than a few days together under the same roof.  

My wife’s bro and his wife are both great and I would give that a shot.  But again, they are successful enough that it is hard to imagine that scenario.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

did not know it was a thread requiring a crazy story.  but thanks for the commentary. 

It was a joke :dunno:

50 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Well, if you had his crazy story, you would understand. What a mind blowing event he went through.

11 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Well, if you had his crazy story, you would understand.

Aww, I have a stalker :wub:

• Confused 1

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Aww, I have a stalker :wub:

Thanks for following me, but, you are creepy. And stupid. 

• Confused 1

Have a little brother, if he ever needed a place to stay, he's always welcome.  Since he just opened a new office and offered me my own space there, I suspect I'm welcome there too.

My son and I lived with my brother and sister-in-law for 7 years while I was working two jobs and trying to finish school.  Not having to pay rent was a huge relief on me financially.

I have a younger brother. It would take some extreme circumstances for me not to welcome him if he needed it.

by the same token, when my parents pass I would consider having both families live in the same house we grew up in.