Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Absent Texas Democrats ask public to donate soda, salsa, and hair spray

To them.  :lol:

Taxpayers already paying for this shlt. Plus $200 a day per diem. Now they are begging for handouts. :mellow: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/absent-texas-democrats-ask-public-154400643.html

The nearly 60 Texas Democrats who fled the state and jetted to Washington, D.C., to block a pair of GOP-backed voting bills are asking the public to donate Dr. Pepper, candy, and toiletries as they mark the nearly two-week anniversary of their departure.

The Dallas County Democratic Party announced the development on Saturday and said it would be hosting collections all week long from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

"Our Dems in DC said they’d appreciate care packages from home," the organization wrote in a tweet. "Before 5pm Tues, we're collecting Dr. Pepper, salsa, hard candy, hairspray, travel toiletries, hand sanitizers, sewing kits, first aid, and/ or $ to pay shipping. TY!"

The theatrics have faced multiple ethics-related questions as state Rep. Armando Walle projected that the cost of the excursion will top $1.5 million by the time it ends. He indicated that the chartered private flights to Washington cost $100,000 alone.

A wire transfer from the House Democratic Caucus paid for the jets, and one House member put a block of hotel rooms on a personal American Express card. It is unclear whether taxpayers will end up paying partially or wholly for the Democrats' trip.

Boggles my mind how people vote got people like this to represent them.  Brain washed much? 

And people will probably send them stuff...... sigh

41 minutes ago, RLLD said:

And people will probably send them stuff...... sigh

I thought of this too. Focking sad.

9 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

To them.  :lol:

Taxpayers already paying for this shlt. Plus $200 a day per diem. Now they are begging for handouts. :mellow: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/absent-texas-democrats-ask-public-154400643.html

The nearly 60 Texas Democrats who fled the state and jetted to Washington, D.C., to block a pair of GOP-backed voting bills are asking the public to donate Dr. Pepper, candy, and toiletries as they mark the nearly two-week anniversary of their departure.

The Dallas County Democratic Party announced the development on Saturday and said it would be hosting collections all week long from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

"Our Dems in DC said they’d appreciate care packages from home," the organization wrote in a tweet. "Before 5pm Tues, we're collecting Dr. Pepper, salsa, hard candy, hairspray, travel toiletries, hand sanitizers, sewing kits, first aid, and/ or $ to pay shipping. TY!"

The theatrics have faced multiple ethics-related questions as state Rep. Armando Walle projected that the cost of the excursion will top $1.5 million by the time it ends. He indicated that the chartered private flights to Washington cost $100,000 alone.

A wire transfer from the House Democratic Caucus paid for the jets, and one House member put a block of hotel rooms on a personal American Express card. It is unclear whether taxpayers will end up paying partially or wholly for the Democrats' trip.

I have no problem with this.  If poor incompetent people want to support rich incompetent people, that's fine with me.  It's their money.  They can do whatever they want with it.

I mean, anyone with common sense and logic would say, "Hey, aren't all of you financially in great standing?  Why do you need money from your constituency who make substantially less than you?"  But of course, those people would be republicans and would be watching and laughing while Cletus and Martha who are on welfare, spend $40 on junk to send to their millionaire politicians.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I have no problem with this.  If poor incompetent people want to support rich incompetent people, that's fine with me.  It's their money.  They can do whatever they want with it.

I mean, anyone with common sense and logic would say, "Hey, aren't all of you financially in great standing?  Why do you need money from your constituency who make substantially less than you?"  But of course, those people would be republicans and would be watching and laughing while Cletus and Martha who are on welfare, spend $40 on junk to send to their millionaire politicians.

I have a problem with it. Liberals not doing their jobs and still getting paid for it. They should all be removed from their positions. They started walking out on sessions when Trump was president. nasty pelosi ripping up the state of the union all dramatically. These libs now avoiding voting because they know they are not the majority in Texas. We don't need people like that in government.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

The nearly 60 Texas Democrats who fled the state and jetted to Washington, D.C., to block a pair of GOP-backed voting bills are asking the public to donate toiletries

And everyone thought it was a joke when we said democrats were so useless that they needed help to wipe their own asss!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I have a problem with it. Liberals not doing their jobs and still getting paid for it. They should all be removed from their positions. They started walking out on sessions when Trump was president. nasty pelosi ripping up the state of the union all dramatically. These libs now avoiding voting because they know they are not the majority in Texas. We don't need people like that in government.

That's not what I don't have a problem with.  They belong in the state doing their job (or they shouldn't be getting paid).  If I were the governor, I'd withhold their paychecks.  That aside, the part I don't have a problem with is them asking their constituency for products.  I find it pathetic that rich people need to ask lesser off people for donations.  I mean, what, in DC... they can't go buy these items themselves?

What's the mailing address?  I'm working on a healthy burrito dump.  I can send them a nice Tex Mex smelling atrocity.  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Oh no did their 6 pack not last them as long as they thought?

Jesus, this is focking disgusting.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's not what I don't have a problem with.  They belong in the state doing their job (or they shouldn't be getting paid).  If I were the governor, I'd withhold their paychecks.  That aside, the part I don't have a problem with is them asking their constituency for products.  I find it pathetic that rich people need to ask lesser off people for donations.  I mean, what, in DC... they can't go buy these items themselves?

I have no idea how they can't be embarrassed by doing this. I can only come up with one thing. They actually believe they are in the field of battle and are soldiers in WW2 or the civil war out there in the field. They already labeled themselves as "brave" for doing this. 

I can see the discussion now, "We need to get those jets fueled up and take action now. For provisions we will need 5 cases of a variety of Founder's beer." 

"Uh, we can't buy the good stuff. It will look bad.  Miller Lite will really show our sacrifices!!!"

"Oh, and who booked our hotel rooms? I hope it's the Renaissance again, I get Marriott points for that and I can use them for my next vacation."

If this shlt isn't simply mental illness, I have idea what it is then.

12 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Someone should put hairspray labels on spray paint or spray adhesive and donate it. 

Gorilla glue!!

22 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

What's with this part? Are they asking for money? And what are they shipping?

....and/ or $ to pay shipping.

40 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

cant they just venmo and goto walgreens?

On 7/27/2021 at 3:43 AM, Utilit99 said:

and one House member put a block of hotel rooms on a personal American Express card. It is unclear whether taxpayers will end up paying partially or wholly for the Democrats' trip.

At least one of theses scam artists are double dipping by getting reward points because there is nothing unclear about who will be paying for the entire trip. 

Anyone here who was close with stick back in the day and have a contact?

I know he's not in the Texas legislature anymore, but he has to have some interesting inside info. 

17 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Don't know, don't care.  I have no problem with them asking.  Just like I wouldn't have a problem with the KKK asking for it.  Anyone is perfectly free and well within their rights to ask anyone for anything.  Have at it.  It's up the their target audience as to whether they want to be dumb enough to acquiesce.