Sign in to follow this  
DonS

PSA: Dream Theater tour tickets on sale

Just in case anyone else likes DT.  New album coming out soon. Supposed to be an announcement tomorrow.

Presale started today for shows starting at very end of October.

And yes I'm walking funny from the usual ass raping courtesy of Ticketbastard. :mad:

Hopefully Delta doesn't derail these concerts.  🤞

Edit: oddly enough not all shows are handled via TM.  My son bought a ticket for Portland show and that was sold via the venue website.  :dunno:

DT does a great job of doing faithful covers.   Them doing "Funeral For a Friend" is one of my favorites:

They also did a great cover of MoP. Back when Petrucci was clean cut and Jordan Rudess had hair:

• Like 1

Been listening every night on my 1 mile drive home from work to Terminal Velocity (album, not just the song) for the past year it seems. 

Not much of a LaBrie fan as of when he lost his vocal chords, nor can I really get into some of the jazz fusion they do from time to time, but there has never been any band more musically talented as a whole than these NY bozos IMO. 

Pull Me Under, MothaFukker...If they are coming close to my area and I'm not mask mandated, I'm in. :headbanger:

1 minute ago, SUXBNME said:

Been listening every night on my 1 mile drive home from work to Terminal Velocity (album, not just the song) for the past year it seems. 

Not much of a LaBrie fan as of when he lost his vocal chords, nor can I really get into some of the jazz fusion they do from time to time, but there has never been any band more musically talented as a whole than these NY bozos IMO. 

Pull Me Under, MothaFukker...If they are coming close to my area and I'm not mask mandated, I'm in. :headbanger:

LeBrie is definitely the weak link. 

Where you at?  They're hitting a lot of states on this tour. 

1 minute ago, DonS said:

Sacramento, CA area

4 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Sacramento, CA area

First 2 shows are San Diego then Oakland. 

5 minutes ago, DonS said:

Also, PM sent, fucko.  I'm gonna go hit the misters and patiently wait. :banana:

Noob here And not so much interested in researching so maybe you can know answer easily- Was never a fan but my Ex BIL played a disk on a trip that was musically awesome. My recollection was a concept album like Operation Mindcrime (maybe DT’s collection is also concept. Don’t know.) See to remember a chick getting killed at a beach ? Storyline about that ??

And I take offense to Long Island bozos until you have to stones to come out here to NY - otherwise you are the bozo. And a ghey one to boot. 

Sounds like you're referring to Metropolis Pt 2: Scenes From A Memory

Concept album about regression therapy and past life. Gal gets murdered (though not at a beach) . 

8 hours ago, DonS said:

Sounds like you're referring to Metropolis Pt 2: Scenes From A Memory

Concept album about regression therapy and past life. Gal gets murdered (though not at a beach) . 

Yeah that’s it. Going to play that in the way home. 

2 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

Yeah that’s it. Going to play that in the way home. 

Saw them on their last tour in 2019.  Aside from touring for their latest album it was also the 20th Anniversary of Scenes From A Memory.  They played the album in it's entirety for the 2nd set. :thumbsup: