Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Name one thing that you could genuinely do better at in Life.

One thing. 

What is something that you feel as a man or a woman that you could be better at.  

Not a joke thread.  But something amongst a group of strangers that you might be willing to share.

Mine, the first thing amongst hundreds is patience.  Especially with people I care about.  I have been working on this but with my mom at her age it is not good nor kind to make her feel rushed.

Another is, and this one so focking hard for me and I honestly do not know why, but it is telling those that I actually truly love, that I love them.  For some reason that is tough for me.

Just now, fandandy said:

Mine, the first thing amongst hundreds is patience. 

Oh God yes. Me too. My wife, much as I love her, drives me crazy. She is SO FOCKING SLOW at everything.

Taking her with me on an errand that would take me an hour becomes a half a day process. 

Languages... used to be somewhat functional. Haven’t used much German, Italian, French in 20 years. Forgot a lot.

musical ability. I have a good ear, but am horrible with instruments 

I’m great at communicating verbally. Listening is my problem. 

1 minute ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

I’m great at communicating verbally. Listening is my problem. 

Non-related to the thread.  I'm glad you are back.  It is good to see you around this place.

At one time I cared about the plight of my fellow man. Now I only care about who I know. I used to donate to the poor, food banks and other stuff. I would like to give a rats ass again. Once in a while I do, but it’s few and far between.  But I have grown to dislike needy people. Especially men. I know this might shock some of you, but I could be less cynical. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Sobriety- easy answer 

You too.  Give me a hug.

Quit struggling you fock.  I'm just trying to hug you.  

Lots of stuff I beat myself up over, eating healthy, exercising, drinking less 

I have a short fuse sometimes with my kids. Like if they’re screaming in the car or whatever. No worse than many but I wish I was better.

I can be too dismissive.

I’m not nearly handy enough.

I’m sure there’s plenty more. Ask my ex wife :lol:

19 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Non-related to the thread.  I'm glad you are back.  It is good to see you around this place.

What???

Thanks man. I appreciate that. Nice to be back. Hope you and your family are safe.

2 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

What???

Thanks man. I appreciate that. Nice to be back. Hope you and your family are safe.

Yep.  All good so far.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

At one time I cared about the plight of my fellow man. Now I only care about who I know. I used to donate to the poor, food banks and other stuff. I would like to give a rats ass again. Once in a while I do, but it’s few and far between.  But I have grown to dislike needy people. Especially men. I know this might shock some of you, but I could be less cynical. 

That's likely because needy people have become so entitled.

Someone who is down on their luck and needs a hand? Sure.

Someone who says what you have is rightfully theirs because of your privilege? Fock em.

Not to mention, the modern American definition of “needy” is a joke. Our poor have homes, cars, high end electronics, take vacations, etc.

I'd rather help actually poor people living in a ditch somewhere. 

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

7 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

That's likely because needy people have become so entitled.

Someone who is down on their luck and needs a hand? Sure.

Someone who says what you have is rightfully theirs because of your privilege? Fock em.

Not to mention, the modern American definition of “needy” is a joke. Our poor have homes, cars, high end electronics, take vacations, etc.

I'd rather help actually poor people living in a ditch somewhere. 

100%.  I don't know if it's like this for every generation, but the older I get, the less sympathy I have for people in general.  The opportunities in this country are endless if you aren't stupid and have drive.  I used to give everyone a chance, but 90%+ of the time, I ended up disappointed.  Where I used to be the one trying to earn respect, it's pretty much the opposite now.

Our summer nanny is going to college for nursing.  She's a great person who comes from a lower-middle class family.  I'm sure she's racking up a ton of debt going to college.  Part of me says, hey, she's a hard working young lady and it's good a good life lesson for her to take out loans that she needs to pay back.  I did it too.  Another part of me says she's the type of person I'd like to help out so she doesn't come out of school with a ton of debt.

My wife works with a few single moms.  One of them whines about not having any money, yet she spends quite a bit on her nails/hair and just recently went to Mexico for a week.  She can go fock off.  My wife still gives her some of our kids' old clothes, but I won't help her out financially.

I'm not sure what I'm rambling about anymore...

Oh, I could be a bit more patient.  I could also do a better job caring about my wife's wants/needs.  I've always been a planner and driven to meet my goals, without taking into consideration what she wanted/needed.  She wasn't a planner though and didn't really have goals, but she has always worked her ass off.  I'm significantly better about asking and listening to what she wants/needs.  I give in or accept what she wants/needs way more than I used to because I know it makes her happy.

Perfection leaves little room for improvement. 

41 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

100%.  I don't know if it's like this for every generation, but the older I get, the less sympathy I have for people in general.  The opportunities in this country are endless if you aren't stupid and have drive.  I used to give everyone a chance, but 90%+ of the time, I ended up disappointed.  Where I used to be the one trying to earn respect, it's pretty much the opposite now.

Our summer nanny is going to college for nursing.  She's a great person who comes from a lower-middle class family.  I'm sure she's racking up a ton of debt going to college.  Part of me says, hey, she's a hard working young lady and it's good a good life lesson for her to take out loans that she needs to pay back.  I did it too.  Another part of me says she's the type of person I'd like to help out so she doesn't come out of school with a ton of debt.

My wife works with a few single moms.  One of them whines about not having any money, yet she spends quite a bit on her nails/hair and just recently went to Mexico for a week.  She can go fock off.  My wife still gives her some of our kids' old clothes, but I won't help her out financially.

I'm not sure what I'm rambling about anymore...

Oh, I could be a bit more patient.  I could also do a better job caring about my wife's wants/needs.  I've always been a planner and driven to meet my goals, without taking into consideration what she wanted/needed.  She wasn't a planner though and didn't really have goals, but she has always worked her ass off.  I'm significantly better about asking and listening to what she wants/needs.  I give in or accept what she wants/needs way more than I used to because I know it makes her happy.

Maybe the nanny could do some extra things on the side in exchange for your help with her tuition :banana:

49 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Maybe the nanny could do some extra things on the side in exchange for your help with her tuition :banana:

Wood

1 hour ago, Gladiators said:

100%.  I don't know if it's like this for every generation, but the older I get, the less sympathy I have for people in general.  The opportunities in this country are endless if you aren't stupid and have drive.  I used to give everyone a chance, but 90%+ of the time, I ended up disappointed. 

I've spent a lot of my life recruiting people and building teams.  You have to be able to read people and discern who the good people are and who will let you down.  It really comes down to gossips.  People who revel in gossip suck at an almost 100% clip.  They will let you down.  People who don't gossip are awesome and you can trust them with your life.  Unfortunately, Modern American society is screwed up in that this is not taught and even actively resisted, so people surround themselves with gossips and wonder why their interpersonal relations suck all the time, they start thinking they hate people, pull back inside their own shell and become hermits.  No, its actually because they fail to read people.  I've made it a point to surround myself with people who don't gossip and they are all incredible friends.

8 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

I've spent a lot of my life recruiting people and building teams.  You have to be able to read people and discern who the good people are and who will let you down.  It really comes down to gossips.  People who revel in gossip suck at an almost 100% clip.  They will let you down.  People who don't gossip are awesome and you can trust them with your life.  Unfortunately, Modern American society is screwed up in that this is not taught and even actively resisted, so people surround themselves with gossips and wonder why their interpersonal relations suck all the time, they start thinking they hate people, pull back inside their own shell and become hermits.  No, its actually because they fail to read people.  I've made it a point to surround myself with people who don't gossip and they are all incredible friends.

This is true, but it's not easy.

Just now, Gladiators said:

This is true, but it's not easy.

yah.  some people are gossips and REALLY defensive about their gossiping as well.  They genuinely think its ok.  in my extended family, the gossips took control.  so every family gathering is run by the gossips and they sit there on 4th of july or whatever and just talk shiit about other family members behind their back.  so i just stopped going and i can tell the other normal well-adjusted family members have as well.  

Improve my skillz at using the spinner and putting the little "children" pegs in the car.