Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Delta variant more transmissible than chickenpox?

32 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Airlifted. Lol. You think the presidential motorcade makes half hour drives, on the fly? It takes a little while to set them up.  He gets airlifted everywhere. He once had a helicopter with his name on it. 

And he was there for 3 days.  The truth is there are only a few people in this world that know how bad his symptoms were and they don't post on low-rent FF message boards.

I am not sure where this trump talk originated from, but it was most likely the antibody treatment he received. All of the peer reviewed studies i have read have been extremely positive towards the monoclonal antibody therapy. The downside, from my understanding is that we cannot produce very much of this medicine.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/10/heres-what-known-about-president-donald-trump-s-covid-19-treatment

There are a few other studies to back up the below as well. It seems to be the only promising treatment after the ivermectin study was redacted recently.

In the large outpatient study of the impact of REGEN-COV on clinical outcomes among high-risk patients with COVID-19 (N=4567), there was a significant reduction in COVID-related hospitalization or death of 71.3% (1.3% vs. 4.6%; p<0.0001) in the 2,400 mg group and 70.4% (1.0% vs. 3.2%) in the 1,200 mg group, as compared to placebo. 

https://www.idsociety.org/covid-19-real-time-learning-network/therapeutics-and-interventions/monoclonal-antibodies/

6 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am not sure where this trump talk originated from, but it was most likely the antibody treatment he received. All of the peer reviewed studies i have read have been extremely positive towards the monoclonal antibody therapy. The downside, from my understanding is that we cannot produce very much of this medicine.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/10/heres-what-known-about-president-donald-trump-s-covid-19-treatment

Well it really only started because Mr Civil War was predicting covid to mutate and kill 100 million people, so I said if that was the case both Biden and Trump will be dead.

Then HT claimed him taking HCQ prior to getting covid last year lessened his symptoms.  I was doubtful and pointed out what he actually took once he got it and linked that very same article, but admittedly no one here actually knows how bad his symptoms were.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Well it really only started because Mr Civil War was predicting covid to mutate and kill 100 million people, so I said if that was the case both Biden and Trump will be dead.

Then HT claimed him taking HCQ prior to getting covid last year lessened his symptoms.  I was doubtful and pointed out what he actually took and linked that very same article, but admittedly no one here actually knows how bad his symptoms were.

😂

6 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I bet they withhold it from Biden. 

20 hours ago, OldMaid said:

I believe until Delta they also thought vaccinated people were at low risk of spreading it, but since Delta also increases the viral load, that no longer applies.

Since you know better, can you tell the WH this?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Since you know better, can you tell the WH this?

Not sure why Mr Wakana is yelling but I believe he’s referring to the fact that vaccinated people have a far lower chance to get infected (even against Delta according to basically all data we have thus far except for one small sample size from Israel).  So if you’re less likely to get it in the first place, you’re less likely to transmit it.

19 hours ago, TimHauck said:

And he was there for 3 days.  The truth is there are only a few people in this world that know how bad his symptoms were and they don't post on low-rent FF message boards.

You were wrong, just admit it.  

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

You were wrong, just admit it.  

Do you know how serious his symptoms were?  My emphasis was on the fact that he went to the hospital (and stayed for 3 days), not really whether or not he was “airlifted” there.

12 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Then HT claimed him taking HCQ prior to getting covid last year lessened his symptoms.  I was doubtful and pointed out what he actually took once he got it and linked that very same article, but admittedly no one here actually knows how bad his symptoms were.

*IM* not predicting that.  the general consensus in the scientific community is that it is a REAL THREAT.

I've noticed some people have a logic issue where they directly attribute to me things I read from experts in the field.  I mean holy SHIIT he calls me "Mr. Civil War" for the same broken logic.  I spent hours in a thread DETAILING all the experts in the field warning of civil war.  From sitting tenured professors at prestigious colleges to retired former high ranking liberals like Robert Reich.  He doesn't read the thread, prefers to stay ignorant, and then calls me "Mr. Civil War" as if I MYSELF WITHOUT ANY RESEARCH am promoting the concern of civil war.

Why don't you just post "TimHauck is a moron"???????

HQC was always beneficial in the fight against Covid. They lied to us. Could have helped so many people. 

3 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

*IM* not predicting that.  the general consensus in the scientific community is that it is a REAL THREAT.

Is the general consensus that it's a "very high chance.  very high"?

27 minutes ago, Reality said:

🤣🤣

Mf'ers love being lied to, over and over again.

I know right!

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-57928647

"A mysterious marketing agency secretly offered to pay social media stars to spread disinformation about Covid-19 vaccines. Their plan failed when the influencers went public about the attempt to recruit them."

On 7/30/2021 at 11:42 PM, TimHauck said:

Honest question: what does it tell you?

Why do they need to do the sequencing on every case?   It's similar to the "positivity %" - it's not an exact measure of the prevalence, but gives you a pretty good idea.

Because the P-Town study is being used to justify a regression in policy, with increasing calls from gov't. leaders to mandate vaccinations.  469 covid cases, 133 sequenced, finding 90% of those sequenced with the Delta variant.  Only five people hospitalized.  Your report doesn't tell us how many of those hospitalized had the Delta variant, which I would think would be very important to disclose. In any event, that doesn't support all the handwringing and increased militancy over vaccinations.

We cannot conclude that the Delta variant is prevalent everywhere, since this is a localized study.  Moreover, the "two weeks to flatten the curve" crowd doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore.  My thesis is that the gov't. does not know the prevalency of the Delta variant in Covid- infected individuals all over this Country and the Delta variant does not seem to be deadlier than any other strain anyway.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

How does Eric Topol know it's "all Delta" in July?  Why does that graph show numbers that contradict the P-Town study (4 out of 5 hospitalized there were vaccinated)?

6 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Because the P-Town study is being used to justify a regression in policy, with increasing calls from gov't. leaders to mandate vaccinations.  469 covid cases, 133 sequenced, finding 90% of those sequenced with the Delta variant.  Only five people hospitalized.  Your report doesn't tell us how many of those hospitalized had the Delta variant, which I would think would be very important to disclose. In any event, that doesn't support all the handwringing and increased militancy over vaccinations.

We cannot conclude that the Delta variant is prevalent everywhere, since this is a localized study.  Moreover, the "two weeks to flatten the curve" crowd doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore.  My thesis is that the gov't. does not know the prevalency of the Delta variant in Covid- infected individuals all over this Country and the Delta variant does not seem to be deadlier than any other strain anyway.

No, they don't know what % of ALL cases are Delta, but it's called a sample.   It may not be exact, but it gives a pretty good idea.  Over a week ago Delta was 83% of those sequenced, probably more now.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210720/delta-variant-now-accounts-for-83-of-us-covid-cases

Yes, certainly possible Delta isn't "deadlier" than any other strain.   Most evidence pointing to it's certainly not LESS deadly though as some here have claimed, although it may be comparable.    So any "increased militancy" over vaccinations isn't necessarily because Delta is more deadly, but rather simply because it's more infectious.   So even if the deadliness is similar to other strains (or frankly even if it's a little less), if it infects a lot more people you still may end up with more serious outcomes.  Moreso in the unvaccinated.

12 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

How does Eric Topol know it's "all Delta" in July?  Why does that graph show numbers that contradict the P-Town study (4 out of 5 hospitalized there were vaccinated)?

The next tweet says "1. These are San Diego County data where infections are tracked by vaccination status and has one of the highest sequencing rates of samples in the US"

It's impossible to know whether or not it contradicts the P-Town study since we don't know the % of the people at the events that were vaccinated.   If 90%+ of them were vaccinated, the vaccines were still pretty effective at preventing infection based on 74% of cases being vaccinated.   I know some of the cases were visitors (probably even more likely to be vaccinated) and in fact a quick search says Provincetown is currently reporting 116% of it's latest census count having been vaccinated (due to additional people claiming residency there since the pandemic began).

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/27/1021373047/why-one-of-the-most-vaccinated-places-in-the-u-s-now-has-a-covid-19-spike

4 minutes ago, Reality said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Trolling all my posts minutes after I make them, but I'm the pathetic one?  Feel free to address any of the points.

Kudos to the anti-vax, anti-mask, conspiracy-loving, Trump-licking dumbarses for continuing with our ignorantly scheduled pandemic programming. Thanks, idiots!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Kudos to the anti-vax, anti-mask, conspiracy-loving, Trump-licking dumbarses for continuing with our ignorantly scheduled pandemic programming. Thanks, idiots!

my body my choice....isn't that what focktard wussfock libtards lived by forever???  what happened????

7 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

my body my choice....isn't that what focktard wussfock libtards lived by forever???  what happened????

Sure, but don't complain when everyone starts making the choice to not let you into venues, events and businesses.  

4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Sure, but don't complain when everyone starts making the choice to not let you into venues, events and businesses.  

Can they still get a cake? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Define everyone.  I doubt most businesses would do that unless forced to by the government.

On 7/30/2021 at 1:08 PM, Alias Detective said:

The rollover period for the delta variant is 45-90 days.  The. Delta will be all but gone by the beginning of October.

I reiterate.

Botcuck Thursday: This chart show why I am right.

Botcuck Friday: This new chart shows why I am still right about what I said yesterday, even though the last chart was 100% wrong.

Rinse. Repeat. :lol: 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

That weak as fock threat failed once already when they tried to pimp the death vax card. They are going back to it because they have nothing else. 

As was the case back then, no business is going to cut out half  (or more) of their revenue.

31 minutes ago, Strike said:

Define everyone.  I doubt most businesses would do that unless forced to by the government.

I will amend my statement about 'everyone' to; I could see many national business(restaurants, transportation) and large local chains(grocery stores) say we will not allow non-vaccinated people to enter our establishments because it puts the health of our workers and other customers at risk. 

One client of ours has already let us know that this discussion is currently on-going.  

11 minutes ago, lod001 said:

That weak as fock threat failed once already when they tried to pimp the death vax card. They are going back to it because they have nothing else. 

As was the case back then, no business is going to cut out half  (or more) of their revenue.

Death vax :lol: You’re a focking dumbass

12 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

You mean black people?

11 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I will amend my statement about 'everyone' to; I could see many national business(restaurants, transportation) and large local chains(grocery stores) say we will not allow non-vaccinated people to enter our establishments because it puts the health of our workers and other customers at risk. 

One client of ours has already let us know that this discussion is currently on-going.  

Those large companies bailed on that policy as soon as they could.  They aren't seeing business hurting due to allowing non-vaccinated people in.  Polls show most people aren't worried about the virus at this point.  This whole hysteria is media/politician created.  I don't see how alienating a huge chunk of your customer base is good for business so I don't see this happening. 

31 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

A true slippery slope to allowing discrimination.  I would assume your client is exploring the legal aspects from both sides.  If a grocery store were truly concerned about their customer's health, I wonder what products they would sell?

Washington, DC, murders surpass coronavirus deaths in July by nearly 3-to-1 ratio

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-dc-murders-surpass-coronavirus-deaths-july

1 hour ago, porkbutt said:

It's also your choice to get drunk off your arse, get behind the wheel and intentionally cause a head-on collision with a school bus, killing all 30 kids and the driver.

The unvaccinated have reignited the pandemic. Hospitals are overflowing. People are dying. We're looking at shutdowns and having to wear masks again, all because ignorant idiots are going "it's muh body. 😭"

Very few of the recent dead and hospitalized were vaccinated, but of course the anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists point ... to ... that ... one ... guy .... and say, "See vaccines don't work!"

It's stupidity of the highest order.

The only bright spot is the natural selection that will play out here, culling the ignorant from the hears and reducing the volume of idiots who still support and worship Trump.

:first:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

It's also your choice to get drunk off your arse, get behind the wheel and intentionally cause a head-on collision with a school bus, killing all 30 kids and the driver.

The unvaccinated have reignited the pandemic. Hospitals are overflowing. People are dying. We're looking at shutdowns and having to wear masks again, all because ignorant idiots are going "it's muh body. 😭" 

Very few of the recent dead and hospitalized were vaccinated, but of course the anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists point ... to ... that ... one ... guy .... and say, "See vaccines don't work!"

It's stupidity of the highest order.

The only bright spot is the natural selection that will play out here, culling the ignorant from the hears and reducing the volume of idiots who still support and worship Trump.

:first:

🤣🤣