Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Carson Wentz foot injury

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

Should I cancel the parade for TY Hilton’s comeback?

Speed receiver that hasn’t been good for years? Never should’ve been scheduled.

Downgrade the rest though. Darn I had Pittman circled as a potential bargain

Carson Wentz is injured?

You don't say...

Could be serious, could be nothing, don't know at this point

Hopefully it's very minor

I doubt if it affects any regular-season games; he still has 6 weeks to recover.  And anyway, notes from camp today look like they're in good hands even if he doesn't...

"Play of the day so far: Sam Ehlinger scrambles to his left to evade pressure, throws back across his body and finds Mike Strachan on a deep post. Probably 50-yard gain."

How many shares of Mike Strachan do you have?

Maybe a better question is how many shares of Taylor do you own?  Reich will need to grind it out if Wentz is out and he's not afraid to run it all day. Watched him here in Philly as O/C. If Taylor can catch a little bit he could have a big year.  Mack gets involved and pushes for time it will cost the Colts a lot of cap room for their RB's. Won't happen.

15 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

Maybe a better question is how many shares of Taylor do you own?  Reich will need to grind it out if Wentz is out and he's not afraid to run it all day. Watched him here in Philly as O/C. If Taylor can catch a little bit he could have a big year.  Mack gets involved and pushes for time it will cost the Colts a lot of cap room for their RB's. Won't happen.

Rodgers being out was bad for Aaron Jones.  Wentz being out is good for Taylor.

Guess how one interprets things depends on how many shares one owns.

In real life, Taylor remains a solid RB2, just like he was before the injury--and yes, both Mack and Hines will be involved.

13 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Rodgers being out was bad for Aaron Jones.  Wentz being out is good for Taylor.

Guess how one interprets things depends on how many shares one owns.

In real life, Taylor remains a solid RB2, just like he was before the injury--and yes, both Mack and Hines will be involved.

Guess you missed it. Reich's influence is the difference. Stop hating. I'm not weepaws. You don't want issues with me.

• Haha 1

Wentz missing time isn’t good news for any players on the Colts. 

Every Colts player I already have ranked below their current ADP, so I’m not all that excited about them anyway, but I thought Wentz would be a boost over Rivers, who simply wasn’t interested playing last season.  

So if you own Taylor as a rb1 first round pick shame on you, you’ve been warned this whole spring and summer not to.  

13 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Wentz missing time isn’t good news for any players on the Colts. 

Every Colts player I already have ranked below their current ADP, so I’m not all that excited about them anyway, but I thought Wentz would be a boost over Rivers, who simply wasn’t interested playing last season.  

So if you own Taylor as a rb1 first round pick shame on you, you’ve been warned this whole spring and summer not to.  

So the rumors are true. You're Alf

1 hour ago, wolves111 said:

Guess you missed it. Reich's influence is the difference. Stop hating. I'm not weepaws. You don't want issues with me.

I don't want issues with anyone.  I'm an equal-opportunity educator.

27 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

So the rumors are true. You're Alf

I don’t know who A L F is, but what ever floats your boat.  

Problem with foot injuries is they tend to linger.  Plus Wentz is fragile and when he comes back and tries to compensate for the foot injury by favoring it, he'll injure something else.

17 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

It's never a good sign when they first thing they say about it is, "All indications are it's not season ending"

I guess the only thing worse is if they outright say it is season ending

Downgrade the WRs. Darn, was hoping Pittman would be a nice play but I'm sure the passing game suffers if Wentz is out extended time. Do they trade for FOLES.  Chicago would be willing to shop him out and he has history with Reich. At this point in his career don't.know if he'll help the passing game. Might be best to go with Eason or Ehrlinger. I'd say Eason. Think you can upgrade the rbs a little. I still think Taylor's capable of rb1 numbers. Mack's value definitely increases and I think Hines drops a little. Definitely moving Taylor back a little in rankings.

16 hours ago, nobody said:

Problem with foot injuries is they tend to linger.  Plus Wentz is fragile and when he comes back and tries to compensate for the foot injury by favoring it, he'll injure something else.

He’s like a glass table that now has a crack in it. It’s holding together for now sure.

It's amusing to me that Aaron Jones got the "Rodgers Discount" and fell well into the late 2nd round by the time Rodgers finally reported to camp--now he's like the RB6 again--but Jonathan Taylor suddenly gets a boost because the Colts have no QB.

It's like everyone looks at everything about Jonathan Taylor backwards this year for some reason--he's the anointed one.

But Axe Elf got vision when the rest of the world wears bifocals.

5 hours ago, polecatt said:

It's never a good sign when they first thing they say about it is, "All indications are it's not season ending"

I guess the only thing worse is if they outright say it is season ending

Preach.  They're basically saying it's bad, but they don't know yet how bad it can be.  I'm exhausted effing he'll open the season on the the PUP.

I never give an RB a bump up when his QB situation gets worse, that’s faulty logic. Better QB play means better field position, more points, more first downs, more chances to be ahead in the 2nd half so they run. Being the focal point means bupkis if your team isn’t moving the ball and throwing to play catch up the whole 2nd half. I’m passing on Taylor at 11 and maybe even at 14 too. 

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

It's amusing to me that Aaron Jones got the "Rodgers Discount" and fell well into the late 2nd round by the time Rodgers finally reported to camp--now he's like the RB6 again--but Jonathan Taylor suddenly gets a boost because the Colts have no QB.

It's like everyone looks at everything about Jonathan Taylor backwards this year for some reason--he's the anointed one.

But Axe Elf got vision when the rest of the world wears bifocals.

Preach. Rising tide floats all boats.  Whole offense should be downgraded.

Surgery, out 5-12 weeks so could be 5+ games or just 1-2. Really though it’s a complete wash since he needs this time to get into a groove with new book, team etc.

Wentz is out at least 5 weeks and there are 6 weeks until the season starts.  They signed Hundley, that's enough panicking for now.

5-12 weeks is a big difference, I hope they make up their mind soon.  

2 hours ago, nobody said:

You think Watson is going to play this year?

Been awhile since any news, the story might just go away or be tabled til after the season in which case he will play. That’s just speculation though obv.

Unless they make some kind of trade very soon it’s going to be Eason starting the season for at least a few weeks. Also I keep hearing there’s some feckery where if Wentz doesn’t play a certain amount of games or snaps the draft pick from the trade doesn’t switch ha FS or some chit so there’s stuff like that afoot too. People are speculating October return most likely.

3 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Surgery, out 5-12 weeks so could be 5+ games or just 1-2. Really though it’s a complete wash since he needs this time to get into a groove with new book, team etc.

Should probably just write him off for this year. Brand new team, how the hell is he ever gonna get up to speed?

Just now, tanatastic said:

Unless they make some kind of trade very soon it’s going to be Eason starting the season for at least a few weeks. Also I keep hearing there’s some feckery where if Wentz doesn’t play a certain amount of games or snaps the draft pick from the trade doesn’t switch ha FS or some chit so there’s stuff like that afoot too. People are speculating October return most likely.

I see what you did there :D 

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Should probably just write him off for this year. Brand new team, how the hell is he ever gonna get up to speed?

A strong second half is not out of the question at all but yea I lean towards that. Plus if Eason plays well there’s more to consider. 

51 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Been awhile since any news, the story might just go away or be tabled til after the season in which case he will play. That’s just speculation though obv.

I've been thinking the court case will drag into the season and I think the NFL will have to put him on some kind of exempt list in the meantime.

I wonder if they'll just let him play 🤨

I suppose they could say "due process" and then when Watson eventually settles, the whole thing blows over.

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

I suppose they could say "due process" and then when Watson eventually settles, the whole thing blows over.

That’s how I think it will most likely go. If there was video of him abusing a woman or something I’d say they would put him on the exempt list but otherwise nah. The real wrinkle to me is the demanding a trade part.

Watson can play. Anyone could file a civil suit right now against anyone claiming anything under the sun. That cannot be a bar to playing. So unless he gets criminal charges (requires at least probable cause) or they have some kind of results from their own investigation or something, I don’t see what the NFL can or should do about it.

Well in 2 qb leagues you can snag wentz as a stash. Lance Zierlien’s scouting reports on the Eagles backups are interesting reading. Ehrlinger is rated the lowest but what is written about him is complimentary. Not the same arm talent but more of a leader and has some mobility.