Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Does anyone drink only water with their meals?

It's best to not drink anything at all while eating. Only after at least 30 minutes after you eat. So the nutritional benefits of the food don't get washed away.

That said, I drink beer, gin and tonics, margheritas, wine etc. while I eat.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Thats all I drink, if I drink anything at all. Anyone else?

Prob 90%.  I'll sneak some lightly sweetened tea or even a soda on occasion.  Everything in moderation, but I do always have a drink with a meal.

At home I always drink milk with meals. At restaurants I'll either have water or beer. 

7 minutes ago, DonS said:

At home I always drink milk with meals. At restaurants I'll either have water or beer. 

You will drink milk with New England clam chowder or fettuccinni alfredo or mac and cheese?

31 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Prob 90%.  I'll sneak some lightly sweetened tea or even a soda on occasion.  Everything in moderation, but I do always have a drink with a meal.

Same for me.

19 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

You will drink milk with New England clam chowder or fettuccinni alfredo or mac and cheese?

Yep, pretty much. 

15 minutes ago, kutulu said:

How do you do? As for me, I’m in tip-top shape today. 

:banana:

My perfect drink woul be water over shaved ice.  Icees are the coldest things ever, but the syrup sucks.  Just give me water icees please.

• Like 1

I don't know. I always look at families who have like a 2 L of Coke or something on the dinner table as white trash. Pretty sure there's a scene in Ricky Bobby like that.

• Sad 1

Those carbonated waters with a "hint" of lemon or lime or orange essence.  :thumbsup:

Excellent substitute for soda.  B)

3 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

My perfect drink woul be water over shaved ice.  Icees are the coldest things ever, but the syrup sucks.  Just give me water icees please.

I freeze those bottled green teas (Lipton in the states) and drink those like an icee. Just enough sweetness to be refreshing. You should try it. 

Only water, why would someone pay 2 dollars for type 2 causing, fattening, sugar water while they are eating a meal. It does not make sense.

14 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Only water, why would someone pay 2 dollars for type 2 causing, fattening, sugar water while they are eating a meal. It does not make sense.

I haven't had a coke in years, or anything like it, but I remember enjoying a coke every now and then and I never got fat or became diabetic. :dunno:

9 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I freeze those bottled green teas (Lipton in the states) and drink those like an icee. Just enough sweetness to be refreshing. You should try it. 

Yerba Matte EnlightenMint. 

Deelish.

Me, I only have water in my refrigerator. 

Yep water. Occasionally, wine with some meals. And occasionally, occasionally a margarita if I’m eating Mexican food.

12 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I'll give that a try.  I often drink those Lipton citrus green teas while doing yard work. :cheers:

My swallow function (heh heh) is less than ideal from the laryngectomy, so I need water every time I eat to wash the food down.  I sometimes have a second beverage for flavor, like coffee in the morning (OK that’s more always than sometimes) or a Pelligrino with lime/ginger beer with dinner.

Also I try to stay hydrated in general, but specifically during chemo, so I’m drinking about 1 gallon of water with added electrolytes per day.  I use my Garmin watch to count 16 ounce glasses.  Also I live in a place that is very hot and dry.  Basically I drink water all day.