Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Rodgers 2021 Performance

Now that Rodgers is back for what seems like his last season in GB, what are you’re expectations for him?  Personally, I think it was pretty clear he went nuts last year bc he was motivated to prove GBs GM wrong for the Love pick + wanted to raise his stock to gain leverage for getting out of town this year.  

My guess is he’s still motivated, if only to keep his stock up for a big payday on either another team (or hopefully GB).  Maybe not as crazy a year as 2020, but I could still see a top 3-4 fantasy finish at QB.  Currently ranked around 7th at QB, I see value..

Easy top 5 like almost every year of his career. He should be the 2nd or 3rd QB off the board imo. 

13 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Easy top 5 like almost every year of his career. He should be the 2nd or 3rd QB off the board imo. 

Agreed. He outscored Mahomes last year in total points and he's going in the 6-7th rounds, while Mahomes goes in rounds 2-3. Only a novice makes that move. Or an azz clown.

He’d absolutely love to stick it to GB with another huge season. His wet dream is all the fans sobbing and calling for the GM’s head as he rides off to the next Tampa

I think he throws ten less or so tds, 35-38.  

Rodgers did out score Mahomes in total points that one extra game gave him the edge. 

But Mahomes avg one point per game more.  

Is there any QB who gets hyped more than Aaron Rodgers?

Don't get me wrong, it's mostly deserved. Mostly...

Sometimes it seems like people think he's John Elway, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady wrapped up into one.

He'll do about what he normally does, that is he will be a very solid QB1, if not top 5.

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

Is there any QB who gets hyped more than Aaron Rodgers?

Don't get me wrong, it's mostly deserved. Mostly...

Sometimes it seems like people think he's John Elway, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady wrapped up into one.

He'll do about what he normally does, that is he will be a very solid QB1, if not top 5.

He’s an interesting player. Very good, elite even, and yet still overhyped. Not that stupendous in the playoffs, only ever won a single title despite Green Bay fielding competitive teams almost every year. I mean he did win the one title and has been to several other conference championships, but that ability to just will victory doesn’t seem to be there.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

He’s an interesting player. Very good, elite even, and yet still overhyped. Not that stupendous in the playoffs, only ever won a single title despite Green Bay fielding competitive teams almost every year. I mean he did win the one title and has been to several other conference championships, but that ability to just will victory doesn’t seem to be there.

I won’t argue with any of that but also he gets the least help of any elite QB. They haven’t taken an offensive skill player in rnd 1 in like 15 years or something crazy like that. If they take Higgins over Love last year they prob win the SB. Plus McCarthy is terrible and cost them multiple playoff runs after the big SB win. His legacy is very much as an all time great but he was held back from a possible top 3 discussion.

36 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I won’t argue with any of that but also he gets the least help of any elite QB. They haven’t taken an offensive skill player in rnd 1 in like 15 years or something crazy like that. If they take Higgins over Love last year they prob win the SB. Plus McCarthy is terrible and cost them multiple playoff runs after the big SB win. His legacy is very much as an all time great but he was held back from a possible top 3 discussion.

He’s had very good or elite receivers. Usually at least a decent TE. Sometimes good RBs, sometimes not. I hear what you’re saying but it’s not like he hasn’t had some weapons.

41 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

He’s had very good or elite receivers. Usually at least a decent TE. Sometimes good RBs, sometimes not. I hear what you’re saying but it’s not like he hasn’t had some weapons.

Counterpoint, the weapons were usually seen as good because of him. Packers have a lengthy history of WRs going elsewhere and doing nothing.