Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

fans defy "no national anthem" at softball game

The PA guy announced there will be no national anthem.  So the crowd defied the order and started singing it anyway.  one of the teams decided to send the players back out to stand in silent respect for the anthem.  If the NFL attempts to play a "black national anthem", I could see crowds defying the order by signing the national anthem over top of it.

7 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

The PA guy announced there will be no national anthem.  So the crowd defied the order and started singing it anyway.  one of the teams decided to send the players back out to stand in silent respect for the anthem.  If the NFL attempts to play a "black national anthem", I could see crowds defying the order by signing the national anthem over top of it.

What a feel good moment. Loved it that the players came back out.

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

What a feel good moment. Loved it that the players came back out.

Agree that it's a great moment. Would've been even greater if the players themselves started to sing it 'before' they went to the dugout.

The millennials amd right behind them are lost. They were raised by hippies who thought the 60’s were the best. They felt so empowered to hate their country. Thought they were brave. Maybe the younger ones whose parents saw 9/11 go down have a better outlook. 

Don't want to burst your bubble, but seeing the national anthem before sporting events is relatively new.

Why don't we say the Pledge of Allegiance every time the waitress brings our food? Salute the flag every time we walk in the pisser? So Random.

Weren't Our Generations of Americans back in the day far less patriotic? Because they didn't sing the national anthem before sporting events.

I'm fine with it. But let's not pretend these arent the same guys who five minutes later going to be yelling 12 letter swear words next to 8 year olds , getting drunk and getting in fights.

10 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Don't want to burst your bubble, but seeing the national anthem before sporting events is relatively new.

Why don't we say the Pledge of Allegiance every time the waitress brings our food? Salute the flag every time we walk in the pisser? So Random.

Weren't Our Generations of Americans back in the day far less patriotic? Because they didn't sing the national anthem before sporting events.

I'm fine with it. But let's not pretend these arent the same guys who five minutes later going to be yelling 12 letter swear words next to 8 year olds , getting drunk and getting in fights.

Do what you want commie. Keep up the voting for marxism. You go girl.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Don't want to burst your bubble, but seeing the national anthem before sporting events relatively new

Doesn't matter.  Why it's not being played is what important. Patriotism morphed to mean nationalism. Nationalism morphed to mean white nationalism.  White nationalism morphed to mean white supremacy. Are u paying attention?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

The tradition of singing the national anthem at sporting events began during the1918 World Series.

25 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

The tradition of singing the national anthem at sporting events began during the1918 World Series.

In Wiff's defense, that is still relatively new considering the earth is 4.5 billion years old.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

23 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Yeah, but, it's only a 123 years. 

You can still get a relatively new one of these hotrods now.

https://www.earlyamericanautomobiles.com/1915.htm

2 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

In Wiff's defense, that is still relatively new considering the earth is 4.5 billion years old.

True. Even humans are relatively new.

30 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah. for some reason I was thinking 1800s. Whatever.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

And your math STILL would have been wrong.  :)

How is 1898 not = to 2021 minus 123?

5 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Which is weird, because it wasn't our national anthem in 1918.

Truth is, it didn't become popular or common until around World War II for the simple fact that none of the stadiums had sound systems prior to that. 

I read that Mark Cuban isn't going to play the anthem at home games this year.

14 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Truth is, it didn't become popular or common until around World War II for the simple fact that none of the stadiums had sound systems prior to that. 

By the 1890s, the U.S military had adopted the song for ceremonial purposes, playing it to accompany the raising and lowering of the colors. In 1916, President Woodrow Wilson signed an executive order designating it “the national anthem of the United States.”

In 1931—more than 100 years after it was composed—Congress passed a measure declaring “The Star-Spangled Banner” as the official national anthem.
https://www.history.com/topics/19th-century/the-star-spangled-banner

I would absolutely love to hear a crowd singing the proper anthem over any of the other partisan bullsh!t, hope that hap[pens

22 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

21 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah, but, it's only a 123 years. 

You can still get a relatively new one of these hotrods now.

https://www.earlyamericanautomobiles.com/1915.htm

21 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah. for some reason I was thinking 1800s. Whatever.

18 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

How is 1898 not = to 2021 minus 123?

Okay, I have to ask, how did you decide to subtract 1898 from 2021?  :unsure:

10 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Okay, I have to ask, how did you decide to subtract 1898 from 2021?  :unsure:

2021. I was thinking 20 years less than 1918. So what? I aced math throughout highschool and college with my only mistakes being occasionally the simplest of math error due to rushing through a test which had no affect on my understanding of formulas, concepts and theories. And I got graded as such.

I never had the desire to go into some math career anyway. When it comes to my job I don't make those stupid mistakes.

On a site like this though old focks make a big deal out of it.

19 hours ago, wiffleball said:

I'm sure you'd like to get rid of other pesky traditions, too.  Like voting rights.  Or human rights. You'd be like "China gets along fine with them".

17 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

I'm sure you'd like to get rid of other pesky traditions, too.  Like voting rights.  Or human rights. You'd be like "China gets along fine with them".

That's your crew. 

On 8/1/2021 at 4:59 PM, MDC said:

Any word on why they weren’t singing it?

:dunno: 

22 hours ago, wiffleball said:

You don’t need a sound system to sing the National Anthem especially since the stadiums were smaller and a band is all you needed for sound. Do you really believe no one listened to public music or concerts before sound systems?

9 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

You don’t need a sound system to sing the National Anthem especially since the stadiums were smaller and a band is all you needed for sound. Do you really believe no one listened to public music or concerts before sound systems?

He thinks classical music and theater and other types of sound didn't exist since Sony came out with the walkman.

16 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Guys, just educate yourselves, or don't. Mkay?   Geesus...

1 hour ago, MDC said:

:dunno: 

According to this person on the youtube comment section: 

Edited clip that took out part where they say it’s due to technical difficulties. There was no rule against the anthem. The video isn’t even from recent times. Go watch real video. This channel puts out fake news. I’ll stick to louder with crowder.

Could be true :dunno:

Again, for example, why dont we say the Pledge of Allegiance at the start of every work day?

If you look into it, we are actually far more nationalistic than the freaking Chinks for Pete's sake.

3 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Again, for example, why dont we say the Pledge of Allegiance at the start of every work day?

If you look into it, we are actually far more nationalistic than the freaking Chinks for Pete's sake.

Don't be a mutt :nono:

:wave:

56 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

According to this person on the youtube comment section: 

Edited clip that took out part where they say it’s due to technical difficulties. There was no rule against the anthem. The video isn’t even from recent times. Go watch real video. This channel puts out fake news. I’ll stick to louder with crowder.

Could be true :dunno:

Sounds more likely. Why else would the PA say “There will be no anthem” or whatever. Won’t stop the usual grievance mongers from getting their panties in a twist though.

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Sounds more likely. Why else would the PA say “There will be no anthem” or whatever. Won’t stop the usual grievance mongers from getting their panties in a twist though.

So you’re against grievance mongering now? Funny. 

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Wrong.

What you said would be true of most nations, but not China.

There is no place on earth where you will see the flag displayed more ubiquitously than China.

Every school in China, public or private, has a flag raising ceremony every Monday morning where the anthem is played and the flag is raised, rain or shine.

Schoolchildren frequently wear their red pioneer scarves 24/7.

You see signs with “go china” and “China #1” all over the place.

China is much more patriotic than the US, and it isn't close.

Agree @Voltaire?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Wrong.

What you said would be true of most nations, but not China.

There is no place on earth where you will see the flag displayed more ubiquitously than China.

Every school in China, public or private, has a flag raising ceremony every Monday morning where the anthem is played and the flag is raised, rain or shine.

Schoolchildren frequently wear their red pioneer scarves 24/7.

You see signs with “go china” and “China #1” all over the place.

China is much more patriotic than the US, and it isn't close.

Agree @Voltaire?

Lookie here...

https://www.cnn.com/2014/12/15/world/asia/china-national-anthem-rules/index.html

14 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

From your own link...

The anthem is not allowed to be played or sung at private weddings and funerals, dancing parties, commercial events, or any other setting with “an inappropriate atmosphere.”

They don't want it drunkenly sung at bars and sports arenas. Because they revere it.

striking contrast to America in 2021 no?