Sign in to follow this  
purplengold47

What to do with the LAST PLACE team??

I've heard of tattoos, holding a signage on a busy intersection, creating a photoshoot calendar with just undies. Anybody else got some funny ideas? We really wanna put our last place team to a lifetime of embarrassment 🤣🤣😅😅

A lifetime of embarrassment, eh?

Make him post pro-Trump, anti-vaxx conspiracy memes on Facebook until the NFL draft in April.

Nobody wants to be THAT guy!

Pretty sure Matthew Berry writes a column based on last place penalties every year. Should be tons of ideas there…

In my original league the person who comes in last was always the Beer B!tch...

We had a little pink sash made that says "Beer B!tch" on it. They had to wear that and be the person who got everyone a beer for the whole first round

The last three we have done is the guy had to retake the ACT test. You can actually find them online to print out so it’s pretty easy. Of course he was like a scientist and scored like a 33 on it. Two years ago it was a lemonade stand until he made $50 and could only do it in one dollar increments. He was not real thrilled with that one. This year they had to be in a local parade as the fantasy loser. 
We haven’t decided on this year. We’ve kicked around the waffle house idea a little bit. We sort of like the summer henna tattoo on the lower back but that really only works if you have someone that has kids and has to take them to the pool.We also have you have to keep an animal alive for one year that provides you nothing. Like a goldfish or hamster or something completely worthless

In my league, we chop off a finger of the last place finisher.  Makes it tough to online draft once we get down to the index fingers, but we stop at the thumbs and just kick you out of the league.  

Nothing , no one remembers last place.  

18 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Nothing, I’m not a fan of frat boy juvenile hijinx in leagues. 

Yeah, I never understood that either.  When we first started our league 23 years ago, we just had the person who finished in last place, be responsible for paying for the food.  Over time, we've evolved into a more involved draft day.  We now have it catered.  Nothing extreme, but it's around $200.  Now what we do is, every week, the team that finishes with the lowest score has to put $10 towards the food.  So, 13 weeks... $130.  The remainder, usually around $60 or $70, is paid by the team who finished with the worst record.  In the end, that person probably had to contribute about $30 or $40 during the year and extra in the end he'll probably drop $90.  Only twice in the last 11 years did someone pay more than $100.

• Like 1

A great frat joke many years ago was to have a pledge stand outside a busy McDonald’s in tightie whitis passing out leaflets. And there are ways to top that and stay within the law

I’ll add you make it too embarrassing and you can just count on that person being pissed off. TBs note re hazing is the better answer especially in the social media age.

9 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, I never understood that either.  When we first started our league 23 years ago, we just had the person who finished in last place, be responsible for paying for the food.  Over time, we've evolved into a more involved draft day.  We now have it catered.  Nothing extreme, but it's around $200.  Now what we do is, every week, the team that finishes with the lowest score has to put $10 towards the food.  So, 13 weeks... $130.  The remainder, usually around $60 or $70, is paid by the team who finished with the worst record.  In the end, that person probably had to contribute about $30 or $40 during the year and extra in the end he'll probably drop $90.  Only twice in the last 11 years did someone pay more than $100.

That sound exhilarating. How do you guys contain the laughter and fun of catering? I can’t imagine keeping track of all that just for food at the end of the year. Jesus

A fun league is one you don’t want to finish last in more than you want to actually win. Losers must be punished.

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

That sound exhilarating. How do you guys contain the laughter and fun of catering? I can’t imagine keeping track of all that just for food at the end of the year. Jesus

A fun league is one you don’t want to finish last in more than you want to actually win. Losers must be punished.

Hey don’t use the Lords name in vain.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

It's virtually no effort at all to keep track of.  I use Excel's Power Query's to connect to our fantasy website.  It uploads the results automatically every week.  A few formulas extract the lowest scoring team every week.  I have the spreadsheet made, so all I have to do is open it to update it.

We also do a fantasy NFL division pool.  Everyone selects 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, and 1 TE from each division.  You must represent every team.  That's in my spreadsheet as well.  I just input everyone's players at the beginning of the season and Excel updates the stats.

After I input the players, after draft night, the total time it takes me to track the lowest score and our pool is determined by how fast Excel opens in the morning.  Now, I don't know how long that is... on Wednesday mornings, I walk into my office and double click on the spreadsheet.  While it's opening, I take my water bottle and go fill it up at the water cooler and come back to my office.  The spread sheet is open, I click on the button I have to mail out the results and hit send.

On 8/1/2021 at 8:37 PM, cyclone24 said:

The last three we have done is the guy had to retake the ACT test. You can actually find them online to print out so it’s pretty easy. Of course he was like a scientist and scored like a 33 on it. Two years ago it was a lemonade stand until he made $50 and could only do it in one dollar increments. He was not real thrilled with that one. This year they had to be in a local parade as the fantasy loser. 
We haven’t decided on this year. We’ve kicked around the waffle house idea a little bit. We sort of like the summer henna tattoo on the lower back but that really only works if you have someone that has kids and has to take them to the pool.We also have you have to keep an animal alive for one year that provides you nothing. Like a goldfish or hamster or something completely worthless

🤣🤣

I like the one about running a lemonade stand!

In my league, 14 team non ppr, the last place person already suffers enough , they pay me.  

And I always send them a thank you card.  

17 hours ago, Bills04 said:

I’m still not sure what why that one got so much viral traction. It’s not a new idea. People have been doing that for several years. We had kicked it around in our league but we don’t have a waffle house close by. Fun idea though