Brvee

Updated: Big Boards - Top 225 for All the Formats

Anybody know when the Big Boards will be up? I’m looking at you Football Guru…

• Like 1

I see that Henry as a cross next to his name, is that because of his work load the last two seasons? 

That’s a great job Guru, that’s also a lot of work. 

Thanks. 

When does the non ppr come out? 

12 hours ago, weepaws said:

That’s a great job Guru, that’s also a lot of work. 

Thanks. 

When does the non ppr come out? 

Probably Friday? I'll try to wrap it up tomorrow. I'll be away for the weekend defending my title at the King's Classic in Ohio.

Thank you. 

I can't contemplate a league where I would draft Ekeler before Henry, not even in ppr.

18 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I can't contemplate a league where I would draft Ekeler before Henry, not even in ppr.

LOL!  He has Ekeler before Henry???

I never look at this crap--and that helps to remind me why.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, jrokh said:

Neither would the other owners if you did that, good news, you don’t have to do so, you can pick Henry before Ekeler, as of today where still a free country, but it’s ending soon.  

• Like 1

I’m curious as to why J. Herbert is ranked so low, comparable to rankings elsewhere. I just think everything would have to break perfectly for Brady and Stafford to out-perform him. 

23 minutes ago, Brvee said:

I’m curious as to why J. Herbert is ranked so low, comparable to rankings elsewhere. I just think everything would have to break perfectly for Brady and Stafford to out-perform him. 

Guessing you're a Chargers fan.

18 hours ago, The Football Guru said:

Probably Friday? I'll try to wrap it up tomorrow. I'll be away for the weekend defending my title at the King's Classic in Ohio.

🏆

I’m speculating but Doug must think the Chargers new OC will have Herbert trying to make Ekeler Kamara 2.0 and that Herbert isn’t going to be unleashing the cannon as often as he did last season.

Guys, I'll try to answer some (maybe all) of the questions Sunday. I'll leave you with this for now.

1) History is not kind to 400-touch backs the following year. I think Henry can be an exception, but that is a "I'll believe it when I see it."  I can't exactly predict an injury to Henry, but I think we have to consider it will happen sooner or later.

2) Todd Downing is not Arthur Smith. How much of a drop-off he will be is the question. Plus, I don't believe the Titans will rely so much on Henry now that they have Julio.

3) Henry is very TD-reliant. TDs are highly unpredictable. Can he get 20 in this offense? Sure. Do I want to bet on it? Not so much. If the Titans pass more like I think they will, more of those TDs could be going to Brown/Julio Firkser.

4) Darrynton Evans was drafted last year to take some of the load off Henry. He could not stay healthy. Getting him even five touches per game would hurt Henry.

5) I'd say I'm not viewing Ekeler as Kamara 2.0. There are definitely similarities though. I would say that when we look at the Chargers RB room, it's not unthinkable Ekeler pushes for 190-200 carries. I definitely see him getting 100+ targets. If he gets even half of the GL work (possible), look out. The o-line should be the best he's run behind in his career.

In summary, I see Henry's relative volume decreasing and Ekeler's increasing. Throw in what should be about a 70-80 point difference in receptions, and that should start to explain how Ekeler has a shot at outperforming Henry.

11 minutes ago, The Football Guru said:

Guys, I'll try to answer some (maybe all) of the questions Sunday. I'll leave you with this for now.

1) History is not kind to 400-touch backs the following year. I think Henry can be an exception, but that is a "I'll believe it when I see it."  I can't exactly predict an injury to Henry, but I think we have to consider it will happen sooner or later.

2) Todd Downing is not Arthur Smith. How much of a drop-off he will be is the question. Plus, I don't believe the Titans will rely so much on Henry now that they have Julio.

3) Henry is very TD-reliant. TDs are highly unpredictable. Can he get 20 in this offense? Sure. Do I want to bet on it? Not so much. If the Titans pass more like I think they will, more of those TDs could be going to Brown/Julio Firkser.

4) Darrynton Evans was drafted last year to take some of the load off Henry. He could not stay healthy. Getting him even five touches per game would hurt Henry.

5) I'd say I'm not viewing Ekeler as Kamara 2.0. There are definitely similarities though. I would say that when we look at the Chargers RB room, it's not unthinkable Ekeler pushes for 190-200 carries. I definitely see him getting 100+ targets. If he gets even half of the GL work (possible), look out. The o-line should be the best he's run behind in his career.

In summary, I see Henry's relative volume decreasing and Ekeler's increasing. Throw in what should be about a 70-80 point difference in receptions, and that should start to explain how Ekeler has a shot at outperforming Henry.

All of this completely misses the point that Derrick Henry is not human.

I apologize for the non-PPR Big Board in advance. I didn't have enough time to iron out all the kinks, but I applied enough short-term fixes to get a board I'm OK with.

If Pressley Harvin III isn't your top-rated Punter in both PPR and standard, you've lost all credibility.

Thank you. 

Have a great weekend. 

Thank you, appreciate the hard work. 

Appreciate the Big Boards as always. Doug respectfully 100 targets would make Ekeler Kamara 2.0 or at least 1.1.

Chargers will monitor his touches 300 total I’d think outer limit everything works etc. 150 carries/120 targets might be a better split IMHO

10 hours ago, BuschWack said:

Thank you Doug.  Any timeline on .5 PPR?

Likely Thursday. I just got back from a four-day trip to/from Ohio. Superflex coming tomorrow (Tues).

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 5:18 PM, DrG said:

Appreciate the Big Boards as always. Doug respectfully 100 targets would make Ekeler Kamara 2.0 or at least 1.1.

Chargers will monitor his touches 300 total I’d think outer limit everything works etc. 150 carries/120 targets might be a better split IMHO

I try to avoid direct comps b/c people will inevitably say something like "you said he'd be the next Kamara." I could definitely see it in terms of carries/targets. The big difference is that Kamara is a proven stud in short-yardage and at the goal line too. I think Ekeler could be, but I doubt he'll get the chance to prove it.

54 minutes ago, The Football Guru said:

I think Ekeler could be, but I doubt he'll get the chance to prove it.

Is it his career-high 3 rushing TDs in a season that leads you to this conclusion?

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Is it his career-high 3 rushing TDs in a season that leads you to this conclusion?

Hard to prove you can be good at something when you rarely get the chance to do it and have typically operated behind a poor o-line.

Fourteen career carries (over four years) inside the 5. Benny Snell had 13 just last year. Kamara had 12. Wayne Gallman had 10.

3 hours ago, The Football Guru said:

Hard to prove you can be good at something when you rarely get the chance to do it and have typically operated behind a poor o-line.

Fourteen career carries (over four years) inside the 5. Benny Snell had 13 just last year. Kamara had 12. Wayne Gallman had 10.

Something to consider with the Lions and Swift/Williams.  Lynn has boasted about Williams this offseason.  Last year, Williams (w/Packers), had 5 carries inside the 5 (totaled -1 yards and 1 TD), but Swift had 9 carries for 13 yards and 6 TD's.  I wonder if Lynn is going to continue to use Swift, like his predecessor or try to force feed Williams.

Do a lot of poster play in a half point ppr, reason I ask is, this is year five in my 14 team non ppr as a non ppr, then we like to change it up, thinking about going half ppr, if you play in onelt me know, if you would , and do you like it.  

Thanks 

Wisdom. 

Hello Mr Guru, I draft non ppr this weekend , so I wanted to ask you based on your first non ppr board, where would you now rank J Robinson ? 

Thank you.