Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

What if the worlds mineral deposits are the remnants...

Well...scientifically...look how far we have come in say the last 100yrs.

Mysteries like pyramids that we cannot build today with all our advances and heavy equipment. 

Its reasonable to think there have been more advanced civilizations..

13 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Well...scientifically...look how far we have come in say the last 100yrs.

Mysteries like pyramids that we cannot build today with all our advances and heavy equipment. 

Its reasonable to think there have been more advanced civilizations..

That's not a very high bar you are setting. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cantaloupe Fingerbang said:

8 posts in 17 years.  You don't fock around.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

The boar labels him a FF Rookie.  Imagine being a rookie for 17 years!

14 hours ago, fandandy said:

of a previous super-advanced world, potentially billions of years ago.

pretty sure they are the remnants of millions of years of micro organism death from oxygen exposure, well, iron is at least

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

pretty sure they are the remnants of millions of years of micro organism death from oxygen exposure, well, iron is at least

I just have to correct this obvious incorrect statement. Scientists are not quite sure where the earths iron come from, however there are many good articles out there. Microorgamisms are unable to perform fusion, so it is unlikely that they would have formed the iron.

Explanation:

Iron is made inside stars, specifically red super-giants. The elements form together inside a star during fusion. When the supernova occurs, the iron fragments are blasted into the space.

This is how Iron came to Earth millions of years ago. You can see the image below of a 20 Solar Mass(Mo) star.

https://socratic.org/questions/how-did-iron-come-to-earth-millions-of-years-ago

The research, published in Nature Communications on Feb. 20, opens the door for other competing theories about why the Earth, relative to other planets, has higher levels of heavy iron isotopes. Among them: light iron isotopes may have been vaporized into space by a large impact with another planet that formed the moon; the slow churning of the mantle as it makes and recycles the Earth's crust may preferentially incorporate heavy iron into rock; or, the composition of the raw material that formed the planet in its earliest days may have been enriched with heavy iron.

https://phys.org/news/2017-02-earth-iron.html

1 hour ago, NorthernVike said:

He's a remnant of a previous super-advanced Geek Club.....:ninja:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NorthernVike said:

That user name, tho. OMG. 🤣

2 hours ago, Cantaloupe Fingerbang said:

Who's alias are you? I mean not one creates an ID 17 years ago and makes his 1st post 16 years later. I did he same over at antifaguys. Created multiple IDs when 1st started so that when banned, I would just fire up the next one.

3 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Who's alias are you? I mean not one creates an ID 17 years ago and makes his 1st post 16 years later. I did he same over at antifaguys. Created multiple IDs when 1st started so that when banned, I would just fire up the next one.

I think it's MIke.  

all of the heavy elements were created when a previous star existed.  it probably was unstable and lasted a few million years.  then it exploded, creating the heavy elements and a new dust cloud that formed our current system.  its like when i exploded in your mom and made a huge mess.

51 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

all of the heavy elements were created when a previous star existed.  it probably was unstable and lasted a few million years.  then it exploded, creating the heavy elements and a new dust cloud that formed our current system.  its like when i exploded in your mom and made a huge mess.

It took the universe 3 generations of stars to create the elements that are needed to create life. 

Such deep thots. What if the moon were made of green cheese and cows could jump over it?

Yup.  Love knowing that when you see gold you can be sure it had to come from a supernova.    Thats pretty cool to me

23 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Such deep thots. What if the moon were made of green cheese and cows could jump over it?

The moon is disgusting, it’s made of cheese. 

13 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Then it would be a cosmic Kardashian. Athletes, cows...Anyone can jump them. 

20 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I just have to correct this obvious incorrect statement. Scientists are not quite sure where the earths iron come from, however there are many good articles out there. Microorgamisms are unable to perform fusion, so it is unlikely that they would have formed the iron.

Explanation:

Iron is made inside stars, specifically red super-giants. The elements form together inside a star during fusion. When the supernova occurs, the iron fragments are blasted into the space.

This is how Iron came to Earth millions of years ago. You can see the image below of a 20 Solar Mass(Mo) star.

https://socratic.org/questions/how-did-iron-come-to-earth-millions-of-years-ago

The research, published in Nature Communications on Feb. 20, opens the door for other competing theories about why the Earth, relative to other planets, has higher levels of heavy iron isotopes. Among them: light iron isotopes may have been vaporized into space by a large impact with another planet that formed the moon; the slow churning of the mantle as it makes and recycles the Earth's crust may preferentially incorporate heavy iron into rock; or, the composition of the raw material that formed the planet in its earliest days may have been enriched with heavy iron.

https://phys.org/news/2017-02-earth-iron.html

Odd that science tends to refute your attempt at pompous knowledge...

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/12/191202102059.htm

37 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I apologize, we were talking about two different formation verse distribution.

Apology accepted, but this is still geek club so we never apologize....😅

Don't make me cut a corner on your geek club card.... 

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Apology accepted, but this is still geek club so we never apologize....😅

Don't make me cut a corner on your geek club card.... 

I should be less of an a$shole on the internet. Propping myself up by putting other people down only makes me look bad. Nobody likes a jerk.