Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Be Afraid. Be Very Afraid.

An article on how the Chiefs' new offensive line will make Patrick Mahomes even more superhuman than he was already.

"...former NFL scout and ESPN analyst Louis Riddick believes that the group could be among the Chiefs’ biggest strengths...  'I think we’re overlooking the rookie sixth-round pick Trey Smith out of Tennessee, who Kansas City drafted, along with Creed Humphrey in the second round at offensive center,' Riddick said on ESPN’s Get Up. 'This guy has been blowing the doors off of people in training camp for the Kansas City Chiefs. Their offensive line is going to be a strength for them and this young man is gonna help lead the way. And the fact that their offensive line is going to be maybe one of the strengths, if not the strength as a unit on this entire football team, you tell me what that means for the rest of the AFC and the rest of the NFL. Patrick Mahomes has one of the best offensive lines in the NFL It’s a wrap, is what it is.'"

6000/60, here we come...

19 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

former NFL scout and ESPN analyst Louis Riddick believes that the group could be among the Chiefs’ biggest strengths...

To be fair Riddick was also telling everyone how great he thought Dwayne Haskins was, and how the NFL teams who passed on him would regret it. So not exactly the guy whose opinion you want to highlight...

• Haha 2

Just now, jrokh said:

To be fair Riddick was also telling everyone how great he thought Dwayne Haskins was, and how the NFL teams who passed on him would regret it. So not exactly the guy whose opinion you want to highlight...

Oh.  Well never mind then.  Mahomes and the Chiefs will probly suck.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Oh.  Well never mind then.  Mahomes and the Chiefs will probly suck.

I'm sure they will be good if not great, just find someone with credibility to illustrate your point.

Just now, jrokh said:

I'm sure they will be good if not great, just find someone with credibility to illustrate your point.

You can't get much more credible than Axe Elf.

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Anyone who thought Dwayne Haskins had any shot in the NFL can't scout at all.

• Like 1

The idea that Haskins was ideal for the NFL was a pretty outlier position, though; you have to admit.

Being excited about the Chiefs' new O-line is just endorsing the consensus.

5 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Mahomes will be the mvp if he stays healthy and push 40+ td.

What do you think he will do AFTER the bye?

17 minutes ago, Maulers1973 said:

Oh the Chiefs offense will be good?   There's a hot take!!     

Right??!!  I am going to place some bets in Vegas before they get this news and lower my odds. :banana:

Not if Hardman and Robinson keep dropping easy passes. Can of Pringles anyone?

On 8/12/2021 at 5:23 PM, AxeElf said:

An article on how the Chiefs' new offensive line will make Patrick Mahomes even more superhuman than he was already.

"...former NFL scout and ESPN analyst Louis Riddick believes that the group could be among the Chiefs’ biggest strengths...  'I think we’re overlooking the rookie sixth-round pick Trey Smith out of Tennessee, who Kansas City drafted, along with Creed Humphrey in the second round at offensive center,' Riddick said on ESPN’s Get Up. 'This guy has been blowing the doors off of people in training camp for the Kansas City Chiefs. Their offensive line is going to be a strength for them and this young man is gonna help lead the way. And the fact that their offensive line is going to be maybe one of the strengths, if not the strength as a unit on this entire football team, you tell me what that means for the rest of the AFC and the rest of the NFL. Patrick Mahomes has one of the best offensive lines in the NFL It’s a wrap, is what it is.'"

6000/60, here we come...

I remember there was a thread speaking doom and gloom for the Chiefs because of the line issues.

I said Reid is a smart guy, he will get it sorted.

Next thing you know, a few roster moves, signings and good draft picks and wow, it looks good again.

I know its early, but so far its looking good.

So we’re getting goofy based on sixth round draft picks two weeks into training camp? Someone needs clicks I guess. 

56 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Pringle is a great buy low. His ADP hasn’t shot up has it?

I don't think I've even seen an ADP listed for Pringle yet, so it's below 250 or so.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

I don't think I've even seen an ADP listed for Pringle yet, so it's below 250 or so.

Awesome

Imagine if the Chiefs had a good wr2 opposite Reek. Someone like Allen Robinson. They are gonna need to start thinking about that soon, it would be borderline unfair.

11 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Imagine if the Chiefs had a good wr2 opposite Reek. Someone like Allen Robinson. They are gonna need to start thinking about that soon, it would be borderline unfair.

Michael Thomas might be available soon...

Oh man, the Chiefs just SCORCHED the Vikings on their first drive.  Jerick McKinnon was running with the starters, and had a handful of nice runs (3/16).  Mahomes hit Kelce for a 28 yard gain, then overthrew Tyreek Hill on a 35 yard TD--but Hill was fast enough to run under it anyway for the score.  I mean right in the outstretched hands.  A thing of beauty.

Basically the Chiefs could do anything they wanted to do.

Mahomes' first drive: 2 for 2, 63 yards and a TD.

Check the thread title.

Oh man, that’s never happen before in a preseason game.  

Mahomes after 2 series:  8 of 9 for 117 yards and 2 TDs.  158.3 passer rating.

The incompletion?  He threw it 20 yards out the back of the end zone to kill the play.

I dunno, maybe some of you aren't good at math, but with 3 minutes left in the 1st Q, Mahomes left the game on a 585 yard, 10 TD per game pace.  Over a 17 game season, that's almost 10,000 yards and 170 TDs, with 0 INTs.

Probly a good value at ADP.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I dunno, maybe some of you aren't good at math, but with 3 minutes left in the 1st Q, Mahomes left the game on a 585 yard, 10 TD per game pace.  Over a 17 game season, that's almost 10,000 yards and 170 TDs, with 0 INTs.

Probly a good value at ADP.

small sample size dude.  Exhibition season too.

You know better.

by that logic Cam Newton was 8/9 for 103 yards and a TD against Philly.  that puts him on pace to score 7000 yards and 68 TDs with no INT.  I dont see you drafting him.

I think I've made my point.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

But have I made mine?

that he looked good in an exhibition game?   sure.

I'm saying that that game only tells you so much.

Its nice that he performed well,  but at this stage of the season he should be lighting up whoever hes up against.  If he didnt  I'd be worried.

Just now, Ray_T said:

I'm saying that that game only tells you so much.

And I'm telling you how much it tells me.

Only if they played 17 preseason games.