Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Give me your top second half of the draft targets

Brian Edwards will catch more balls than his adp suggests. For the price he is  excellent value. I dont know if any receiver can be a star working with Carr, but if a young receiver can develop consistent chemistry with Carr then it has to be Edwards

Allen Lazard is a must have for any Devante Adams owner. He has stand alone value if he can stay healthy all season.

Courtland Sutton in the 9th round? He may be the steal of the draft if drafting today.

Chase Claypool in the 8th round is a gift. His potential could land him in WR1 territory for an 8th round price. I love it

Taysom Hill as a late flyer could be that qb who elevates into the top 10, maybe even top 5 if everything breaks his way. His running ability is what makes him one of the most interesting late round flyer qbs

Running back: I'm not listing any. Why? Because I will be wrong. It is my Achilles heel. I cannot draft a late round running back worth a damn to save my life. Every guess I make is wrong, so your guess is as good as mine

Post your second half of the draft value guys. I would like to see your flavor of running back

Palmer and Rountree in LA have nice upside. AJ Green has a nice shot at a decent bounce back year.

McKinnon could have flex ppr value in KC.

I like Gaskin in Miami but see Ahmed as next man up. Gaskin isn’t built to last the year as a 3 down back. 

If AJ Dillon is there starting in the 8th, I’ll take him.  He has standalone value as a bye week flex, and becomes a low RB1/high RB2 if anything happens to Jones.

I might take a late round chance on Phillip Lindsey winning the Texans job, if he’s there.

Love Tyler Boyd where I’m getting him in mocks. Trey Sermon/Devin Singletary/Kenyon Drake are RB5 types I have liked at their late spots. Irv Smith/Gesicki/Engram are punt TE’s I can live with.

I like all your takes except the Taysom Hill top 10 or 5 one. That’s absurd and there are way better mobile QB2 to take fliers on late than Hill. 

Depends are you talking Non ppr or ppr? 

Last half of the draft, that's the time to start taking a QBs

I love Matthew Stafford after most others have taken a QB. I think he will have an excellent season and be top 10 fantasy, even top 5 perhaps.  Outside of him, I think it's worth taking one of the top rookie QBs. Be it Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Mac Jones even, I think one of the rookies, at least one, is gonna be like Justin Herbert last season. There seems to be one each season. May as well take a shot at one of them. They will be excellent to stream with someone like Stafford.

28 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Last half of the draft, that's the time to start taking a QBs

I love Matthew Stafford after most others have taken a QB. I think he will have an excellent season and be top 10 fantasy, even top 5 perhaps.  Outside of him, I think it's worth taking one of the top rookie QBs. Be it Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Mac Jones even, I think one of the rookies, at least one, is gonna be like Justin Herbert last season. There seems to be one each season. May as well take a shot at one of them. They will be excellent to stream with someone like Stafford.

So your plan at QB is a 1/3 chance of a fantasy-relevant player?

26 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

So your plan at QB is a 1/3 chance of a fantasy-relevant player?

No, I would take Stafford and then one of the rookies very late

It doesn't really matter who you take in the second half of the draft if you don't have Mahomes.

(You still have a chance in leagues where QB scoring is averaged across multiple QBs, like best-balls and 2QB/Superflex leagues--but single-QB leagues with QB-premium scoring?  Fuhgeddaboudit.)

55 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

It doesn't really matter who you take in the second half of the draft if you don't have Mahomes.

(You still have a chance in leagues where QB scoring is averaged across multiple QBs, like best-balls and 2QB/Superflex leagues--but single-QB leagues with QB-premium scoring?  Fuhgeddaboudit.)

When there is a QB who has a record breaking season, like Peyton in 2013 or whatever season it was he broke all the records, or Brady in 2007, and I would imagine Marino in 1984, the team that has that QB wins the league most of the time. More often than a huge season from a RB or WR.

At least with scoring like you're talking about

Phillip Lindsay

He gets disrespected for someone that had 1300 and 1200 total yards his first 2 years in the league. He will be the unquestioned starter and is available dirt cheap. Yeah the texans will stink, yeah he has injury issues. But he is a backup flex player that will have some good games and a decent floor.

Marquez Callaway

He looked good when given the chance last year and could be the #1 wr this year for the saints. If Winston can win the starting job then look out. He is a potential 1200 yard wr that you can get in the last couple rounds.

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

He will be the unquestioned starter and is available dirt cheap.

Curious why you would think that, when Ingram is listed first on the depth chart, and Ingram was the one kept in bubble wrap for the first preseason game.  Lindsay appears to be the change of pace back at this point.

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

Marquez Callaway

Will only be a fantasy option until Michael Thomas gets back--and it looks like he's ahead of schedule.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Curious why you would think that, when Ingram is listed first on the depth chart, and Ingram was the one kept in bubble wrap for the first preseason game.  Lindsay appears to be the change of pace back at this point.

Lindsay and Ingram are listed as costarters. Neither one is ahead on the depth chart, but it does not matter, Lindsay will be the one getting the majority of the touches.

Ingram is 31 and will be 32 in the middle of the season, that is why he is not playing in preseason. Nothing to do with depth chart.

8 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Lindsay and Ingram are listed as costarters. Neither one is ahead on the depth chart.

Ah, a noob.  Okay, let me explain this to you:  The one that was kept in bubble-wrap for the first preseason game is the actual starter.

8 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Ah, a noob.  Okay, let me explain this to you:  The one that was kept in bubble-wrap for the first preseason game is the actual starter.

According to pff's premium stats Ingram was not in the top 100 runningback grades last year, he was behind such studs as Benny Snell, La'Mical Perine, etc.

He sucks and is another year older.

The coach is being nice because of their history. He may get a couple token carries week 1, however this is Lindsay's backfield.

DJ, Lindsay and Ingram will all get some run in the backfield and all 3 are a fade. One might even get cut.

5 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

DJ, Lindsay and Ingram will all get some run in the backfield and all 3 are a fade. One might even get cut.

This is basically the bottom line, regardless of who the "starter" is (it's Ingram).

They play for the Texans , and one should avoid Texans players, three Rbs fighting for a team total of 1200 rushing yards and 7 rush tds,  they will make for great mantel on the bench.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

They play for the Texans , and one should avoid Texans players, three Rbs fighting for a team total of 1200 rushing yards and 7 rush tds,  they will make for great mantel on the bench.  

Exactly, this is like scooping through the cat's litter box looking for something of value

I like Fitzpatrick as a solid backup QB late.

I like Ertz as a late pick.  Will he stay or will he go?  Belichick was caught talking to him this past weekend by a nearby reporter, and the Bills thing.

Emmanuel Sanders will do well in Buffalo opposite Diggs.

I like Jamaal Williams and Darrel Williams late.

Jared Cook late is great.

Derek Carr and the Raiders had the #8 passing offense last season.  Derek threw for 30 TD's and 9 int's last season.  274 ypg bettered Both Stafford and Cousins.

Cousins had 162 more passing yards  and 6 more  tds, Cousins avg 276 yards per game , Carr avg 265  

Stafford was 4 tds behind Carr and only 19 passing yards, and is now going to play on a much better team he was on last season. 

46 minutes ago, remote controller said:

I like Fitzpatrick as a solid backup QB late.

I like Ertz as a late pick.  Will he stay or will he go?  Belichick was caught talking to him this past weekend by a nearby reporter, and the Bills thing.

Emmanuel Sanders will do well in Buffalo opposite Diggs.

I like Jamaal Williams and Darrel Williams late.

Jared Cook late is great.

Derek Carr and the Raiders had the #8 passing offense last season.  Derek threw for 30 TD's and 9 int's last season.  274 ypg bettered Both Stafford and Cousins.

The Cook pick is a legit under the radar pick. He's no Gates but the Chargers always emphasis the T/E. cooks is a decent one year rental for FF.

Watch out for G Davis. 

So top of second half we’re talking around Rounds 6 or 7, yes?

I like DJ Moore and Darrell Henderson if they’re still around. Henderson currently carries a 6th round ADP and DJ Moore occasionally slips.

Otherwise Miles Sanders, Chase Claypool, Courtland Sutton, Javonte Williams, Mike Davis and Michael Carter are guys I’m targeting in that area.

I’m also starting to think about Trey Sermon and Damien Harris. I consider those guys a little risky to take in round 6 given their situations, but it’s also an open question if they’ll be there after the turn.

I’m also willing to consider TJ Hockenson in this area as I believe he could finish right outside of the Kelce/Waller tier, though most likely I’ll pass on TE til rounds 8 or 9

10 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Jesus lotta garbage players being tossed out in this thread 

I took the thread as being guys you want at the end of the draft. They phrased it weird if they wanted middle round guys.  My redrafts are 18-22 deep as well, so middle begins at round 10.

Also, Callaway and Lindsay are great late round dart throws. :banana:

5 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I took the thread as being guys you want at the end of the draft. They phrased it weird if they wanted middle round guys.  My redrafts are 18-22 deep as well, so middle begins at round 10.

Also, Callaway and Lindsay are great late round dart throws. :banana:

Ah gotcha. I agree it was phrased weird

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

So top of second half we’re talking around Rounds 6 or 7, yes?

If your draft is 10 rounds long, yes.

And Stafford avg 262 yards per game.