bartian

Salary Cap Help Needed

Help! Salary Cap league. 12 teams, 12 players per team (8 starters and 4 backups). $19M cap per team. Values based on prior year performance. Where do I find the current player values to ensure they line up w/ my league? Draft setup is serpentine and I'm 12th of 12. So I believe Auction draft? is "NO" and set "Salary cap per team" to $19 but I'm not sure where the actual player values are. THANKS!

Hi bartian. In Draft Buddy, to get dollar values you are going to have to set auction draft to Yes. Maybe use 19,000 for the cap per team, instead of 19, so there will be more defined numbers than if you set it to 19 as it will round to the closest dollar, and in your case that $1 would be worth $1 million. If the columns are not wide enough then you can always highlight the cells that are showing ### and use Format > Column > AutoFit Width

After changing auction to Yes and your cap to 19,000, make sure to go to the action tab and hit Compile Cheatsheets. Now you have your dollar values to reference. You could set up a new copy of Draft Buddy specifically for a 12-team serpentine draft.

Thanks, Mike. The league drives the $$ value based upon prior years' performance. For example, Christian McCaffrey is a mere $780K while Derrick Henry is $3M. So I would want to manually account for the set $$ value and then the comparative price to performance ratio would drive a value-based ranking. How would you recommend I account for the prescribed price of each player relative to the Max Bid amount? ... I'm thinking the difference between the two may represent the 'value'; but I'm not certain where/how to account for the prescribed price.

You know, I think I might keep this set up as an auction league, not a standard draft pick style league, in Draft Buddy. The reason is that you can still use Draft Buddy to track the draft as if each person is picking one after the other (non-auction). Set up the nomination order the same as the draft order, and then you don't have to input the "winning bidder team" with each pick... it will default to award the player to the nominating team if you keep the winning bidder team blank.

As for how to see projected value based on projections, and set value based on prior year performance, I'm not exactly sure. Do you have these cap values based on prior year in a spreadsheet? Maybe we can import those to align with the right players in Buddy using Projection Pal? Then the data is all in there and maybe we can work up some sort of value metric.

Yeah, let me know how you think we can get these set values in there (are they in a spreadsheet) and then we can figure it out.

Yes, I can export to an excel spreadsheet for the Top 250 players. That should get all relevant players, I would think. Let me know how you'd like me to share the spreadsheet. THANKS! 

Try sending to my email, mike@draftbuddy.com. Send me your copy of Draft Buddy too.