cyclone24

***Wagering thread***

8 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

@bostonlager

this guy put together a red/green college prop sheet 

You only play his unders?

Just now, bostonlager said:

You only play his unders?

Yes, but only because I prefer playing unders and I haven’t had time to examine the consistency of the overs. But this could a whole different ball of wax.  This is the first NCAA sheet he’s done.

18 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I’m taking every first half under of first 32 games.  It historically pays a few units.

Good call. I forgot about that trend. I jumped in and looking good for this first one. 

I jinxed that :wall:

Can live with the push

On 3/13/2023 at 4:41 PM, Fireballer said:

Let’s see how this plays out.

Teams with at least 60% today:

Fur

KS

Bama

AZ

Aub

Hou

Won the first two and and taking Bama - 24.5, Oral Roberts +6.5 and Penn State + 2.5. That's it for me for today cause I have pool league later. Good luck guys!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Got the farm on Virginia money-line.  Possible we're both happy, but more likely one of us ain't.

Eat my voodoo hex.

That loss really hurts, especially the way it finished.

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That loss really hurts, especially the way it finished.

Quintessential madness, if you will, rears it’s head only a few hours into real game play.

Holy sh!t what a cheap cover by SDS.  Up by 4, and foul called with 0.7 seconds left. SDS makes the FTs and covers by .5

39 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Holy sh!t what a cheap cover by SDS.  Up by 4, and foul called with 0.7 seconds left. SDS makes the FTs and covers by .5

To be fair he was fouled and he was fouled earlier than .7. He was fouled about three times and they called the 3rd. But I’m not complaining because I had them -5.5 😂 

18 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

To be fair he was fouled and he was fouled earlier than .7. He was fouled about three times and they called the 3rd. But I’m not complaining because I had them -5.5 😂 

Yeah, the fouls with over 1 second left were more egregious than the one actually called

14 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Yeah, the fouls with over 1 second left were more egregious than the one actually called

Like I understand the game was over but they were blatant fouls on Charleston. So do you not call them and screw over bettors who had -5 or -5.5? 

I was expecting a missed free throw anyway. And i didn’t win anything. It was a 4 game parlay with insurance if I only lose 1 leg (lost Utah state). So now at least if Duke and Texas can win ML, I’ll get my wager back as a free bet 

11 hours ago, Fireballer said:

I’m taking every first half under of first 32 games.  It historically pays a few units.

Day 1-  9-6-1 

10 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Let’s see how this plays out.

Teams with at least 60% today:

Fur

KS

Bama

AZ

Aub

Hou

Day 1 3-3

Lots of teams with over 60% of bets day 2

Sparties

Kenn St

VCU

Vermont

Pitt

Creighton

FDU

Kentucky

Drake

Zags

Memphis

23 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Here's my card for today.

Furman  +5.5 💰

Utah St.  -1.5  ❌

Arkansas  -1.5  💰

Iowa/Auburn  Over 151.5  💰

Northwestern  -1.5  💰

Solid first day.  Hoping I can get it going today.

Today's card as of now:

Pitt  +4.5

Drake  ML

Gonzaga  -15.5

Kent St.  +4.5

NCAAW  Iowa/SEL  o140.5

Went 3 for 5 yesterday and did okay cause had more money on the ones that won. Penn State is my sleeper team but after last night they are on everyones radar now. Taking U.S.C over Mich for starters today.Good Luck guys!

28 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Went 3 for 5 yesterday and did okay cause had more money on the ones that won. Penn State is my sleeper team but after last night they are on everyones radar now. Taking U.S.C over Mich for starters today.Good Luck guys!

I'm on USC as well 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bostonlager said:

I'm on USC as well 

I made my money back on Pitt, have Drake +2.5, Kentucky -4.5 and Montana St + 7.5 going.

• Like 1

Did a 12 leg NBA parlay with a $5 free bet I had last night. Wasn’t paying attention and still had KSU on my slip as part of it when I hit submit. Well, KSU won today so the only leg I missed was Sabonis rebounds (he had 9 needed 12). 

would have hit for $2,400

36 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Did a 12 leg NBA parlay with a $5 free bet I had last night. Wasn’t paying attention and still had KSU on my slip as part of it when I hit submit. Well, KSU won today so the only leg I missed was Sabonis rebounds (he had 9 needed 12). 

would have hit for $2,400

Ohhh dang that would have been nice.

Just now, Fireballer said:

I thought I was cute taking Bama ML at half when they were down.

I like the idea of betting the tournament.  But my God does it seem like a total crapshoot.   I used to be very into college ball and watched a ton of games through out the season.  Not so much last handful of years.  Seems like more parity than ever.  I remember the Tyler Hansbrough Tar Heels and the Duke teams.  Some of those Kansas and Kentucky teams.  Seems the 1 seeds this year were just teams.  Didn't really stand out. Didn't have the feel what so ever of 1 seeds.  

Smart money is usually on unders.  Seems like some overs lately but I think I read that overs were only around 35% on the games up until the sweet 16.  

Similar to the match play golf this week, seems like when looking down the sheet just focus on short dogs and only them.  Preferably ML bets as I don't understand how people can bet basketball spreads.  It just comes down to a mess of foul shots and desperation heaves to decide the cover many times.  

42 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Caleb Plant +260

(boxing)

Any reason or a hunch?  I know nothing but like the odds.  😁

11 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Any reason or a hunch?  I know nothing but like the odds.  😁

Boxing can be tough but sometimes the odds are just off.  Benavidez is hailed as the young lion in the division he is 26 and a bulldozer. Pressure fighter that just comes forward and throws a lot of punches.  He is a fairly scary guy but hasn't yet fought many great opponents.   This is his step up.  Plant fought and lost to Canelo 2 fights ago but gave a good account of himself early.  So he has been in there before.  This is the first ppv for Benavidez.  

Plant moves and boxes well.  Benavidez comes at you relentlessly big and powerful.  Bull vs the matador situation.  Nice clash of styles

Is Benavidez just too much and too big that he eventually just cuts Plant off and wears him down and gets him out?

Has Benavidez ever been in with a guy who can really box and move and avoid his pressure?  Not really.

If Benavidez wins it may look like a dumb bet and he is just too young big and powerful.    But I believe Plant has a chance to box him and outsmart him a bit.  Benavidez is the popular pick as the next big thing but odds seem just too wide for the stylistic matchup.  

I hit Usyk over Joshua at similar odds.  Similar boxer vs bulldozer fight in that one as well.  Benavidez is better than Joshua tho.  Joshua was a bit of a fraud and a flake.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Boxing can be tough but sometimes the odds are just off.  Benavidez is hailed as the young lion in the division he is 26 and a bulldozer. Pressure fighter that just comes forward and throws a lot of punches.  He is a fairly scary guy but hasn't yet fought many great opponents.   This is his step up.  Plant fought and lost to Canelo 2 fights ago but gave a good account of himself early.  So he has been in there before.  This is the first ppv for Benavidez.  

Plant moves and boxes well.  Benavidez comes at you relentlessly big and powerful.  Bull vs the matador situation.  Nice clash of styles

Is Benavidez just too much and too big that he eventually just cuts Plant off and wears him down and gets him out?

Has Benavidez ever been in with a guy who can really box and move and avoid his pressure?  Not really.

If Benavidez wins it may look like a dumb bet and he is just too young big and powerful.    But I believe Plant has a chance to box him and outsmart him a bit.  Benavidez is the popular pick as the next big thing but odds seem just too wide for the stylistic matchup.  

I hit Usyk over Joshua at similar odds.  Similar boxer vs bulldozer fight in that one as well.  Benavidez is better than Joshua tho.  Joshua was a bit of a fraud and a flake.  

I’m tailing. Thanks for taking the time.

15 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

I’m tailing. Thanks for taking the time.

Ehh sorry biut that.  Was a good fight.  Sorta went how it was supposed to go.

7 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Ehh sorry biut that.  Was a good fight.  Sorta went how it was supposed to go.

no need to be sorry.  I appreciated the time you took in your reasononing. You gave me something to bet last night.

🍺🍺

So temped to be active today, but way too much unknown. I am doing an experiment with dogs.  DK let’s you bet as little as .10, so I’m gonna bet every dog for a month and see where we are.

6 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

So temped to be active today, but way too much unknown. I am doing an experiment with dogs.  DK let’s you bet as little as .10, so I’m gonna bet every dog for a month and see where we are.

Strikeout props :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Side/totals I took:

Houston ML -140

TEX/PHI o 6.5 -115

Motivation always runs high on opening day. We will see how long I can stay dedicated to this. 

Date Player Play Juice Risk To Win Net
3/30 Framber Valdez o5.5 -110 1.1 1  
3/30 Shane McClanahan u5.5 120 1 1.2  
3-30 Corey Kluber u4.5 -130 1.3 1  
3/30 Corbin Burnes u6.5 115 1 1.15  
3/30 Zac Gallen o5.5 105 1 1.05  
3/30 Sandy Alcantara o4.5 -125 1.25 1  
  • Like 1

Orioles regular season wins over 76.5

Take it to the bank.  The money bank.  :bandana: