Sign in to follow this  
vgperu

2 QB PPR league

PPR league with QB's,WRs,TEs getting bonus points for 40 yard completions, receptions and TDs. RB's get bonus for receptions and runs, TDs over 40 yards. I have 1st pick in a 8 man league . With 1st pick  would you go RB McCaffrey, D.Cook,Mahomes or Josh Allen? Keeping in mind I get the 10th and 11th picks.....your input appreciated ...thanks

I would probably take Derrick Henry 1st

Why post the same thing twice?

This topic shouldn't even be in this forum, and you posted it twice?

F _ _ _ing Sorry.....my bad...Damn dude chill....not all of us are perfect

Edited by vgperu
spelling
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, vgperu said:

F _ _ _ing Sorry.....my bad...Damn dude chill....not all of us are perfect

And you're highly annoying to those of us who are.

• Sad 1

On 8/22/2021 at 12:37 PM, vgperu said:

PPR league with QB's,WRs,TEs getting bonus points for 40 yard completions, receptions and TDs. RB's get bonus for receptions and runs, TDs over 40 yards. I have 1st pick in a 8 man league . With 1st pick  would you go RB McCaffrey, D.Cook,Mahomes or Josh Allen? Keeping in mind I get the 10th and 11th picks.....your input appreciated ...thanks

You have pick #1, 10, and 11?  I'm guessing you don't have picks 16 & 17 then?

In an 8-team league, there's no need to take a QB with the #1 pick.  Based on the status of the RB situation in the league, I'd be even more inclined to take RB's with all 3 of those picks.  If there are people who take QB's or WR's between picks 2 and 9, you could have the ability to start McCaffrey, Elliott, and Aaron Jones every week.  Sign me up for that!

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If there are people who take QB's or WR's between picks 2 and 9, you could have the ability to start McCaffrey, Elliott, and Aaron Jones every week.  Sign me up for that!

RTSports started having 4- and 6-man leagues this year.

It must suck to start Josh Allen, Zeke, Jones, Diggs, Hopkins, Metcalf and Waller and finish 3rd.  lol

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

RTSports started having 4- and 6-man leagues this year.

It must suck to start Josh Allen, Zeke, Jones, Diggs, Hopkins, Metcalf and Waller and finish 3rd.  lol

I can't imagine why you'd have a league that small unless they're for people who are just starting out.

On 8/22/2021 at 10:37 AM, vgperu said:

the dynamics of an 8 man league are so different from a 10 or 12 teamer.

I think you take the Best RB on the board in round 1.

you wont run out of startable QB's in an 8 team league, so the need to grab a QB early is not what it would be in a 10 or 12 team league where you start 2 QB.

Elementary 

15 hours ago, Ray_T said:

the dynamics of an 8 man league are so different from a 10 or 12 teamer.

I think you take the Best RB on the board in round 1.

you wont run out of startable QB's in an 8 team league, so the need to grab a QB early is not what it would be in a 10 or 12 team league where you start 2 QB.

My office league fluctuates from year to year on the number of teams.  We're usually at 10-teams, but get 12 about every 3 or 4 years... and it's a 2 QB league.  Last year, for obvious reasons, we had 8.  A lot of people drafted for 8 teams like they did the year before with 12 teams.  I got Henry at pick 1.06, Kamara at 2.03, Hill at 3.06, Adams at 4.03, and Jones at 5.06.  I took Juju in the 6th and Waller in the 7th.  There were 12 QB's taken in the first 4 rounds... everyone had at least 1 (except me), and 5 of the 8 teams had 2 QB's.  I took Josh Allen in the 8th and Brady in the 9th.  I went undefeated.  Shocking, I know.  Idiots.  I just wish we had more than a $40 buy-in fee.

So exactly what you said, even with 2 QB's, you still don't need to spend an early pick on QB's.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

My office league fluctuates from year to year on the number of teams.  We're usually at 10-teams, but get 12 about every 3 or 4 years... and it's a 2 QB league.  Last year, for obvious reasons, we had 8.  A lot of people drafted for 8 teams like they did the year before with 12 teams.  I got Henry at pick 1.06, Kamara at 2.03, Hill at 3.06, Adams at 4.03, and Jones at 5.06.  I took Juju in the 6th and Waller in the 7th.  There were 12 QB's taken in the first 4 rounds... everyone had at least 1 (except me), and 5 of the 8 teams had 2 QB's.  I took Josh Allen in the 8th and Brady in the 9th.  I went undefeated.  Shocking, I know.  Idiots.  I just wish we had more than a $40 buy-in fee.

So exactly what you said, even with 2 QB's, you still don't need to spend an early pick on QB's.

yeah, looking at the rules, the scoring system and seeing how things change (in this case with a smaller league) can and does make all of the difference in the world.

You won because you adapted to the new reality.   They lost because they didnt.

Nuff said.