phillybear

So, I'm going to be fired in the next couple of weeks. Vaccine.

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Agreed, this religious exception BS is way too ingrained in our legal system. Your beliefs should not impact how I run my company.  

Why is that the ONLY constitutional right that applies to private employers?

They can infringe on your free speech, but not religion. Same focking amendment. Makes no sense. 

2 hours ago, phillybear said:

Yes. I got a doctor's note last year, which is still keeping me working from home 100% of the time, while they are forcing people to return to the office.

I'm going to be fired for not getting the vaccine, while working isolated at home. Hilarity.

Can't they say that the vaccine is dangerous if you have a serious medical condition?  :dunno:   ( donno medical )

3 hours ago, supermike80 said:

12 hour days 7 days a week and no vacations?  Work ethic is fine but these are examples of what I don't do anymore. I used to give my all to companies, until I realized that at any time, for any reason, they can and will sh!t can you and not look back.

I realized that when I was 12.

I still say the Amish do it the right way.  Get married at 18.  Start having kids immediately.  Have 6-8 kids.  By age 40, you can retire and your kids can take care of you more and more.  They work hard but for their own family with strong family bonds so there is a payoff.  In our culture, we work hard as a nameless, faceless entity and in the end we have given up a family life for a cold corporate goodbye - - its just not healthy.

Work smarter not harder.

15 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Why is that the ONLY constitutional right that applies to private employers?

They can infringe on your free speech, but not religion. Same focking amendment. Makes no sense. 

It doesn't.

The 1964 Civil Rights Act specifically prohibits companies from discriminating based on religion.  

Constitutional rights are the realm of government vs private sector. Civil rights are the realm of private sector vs private sector.

If you want to bar private companies from infringing upon civil speech, all you need to do is have Congress pass a civil speech law on the level of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.  If you want to stop woke politics in the workplace, same deal.  You need a Woke Politics Act to bar wokeness or to somehow enforce merit over inclusion and diversity in the workplace.

Just now, JustinCharge said:

It doesn't.

The 1964 Civil Rights Act specifically prohibits companies from discriminating based on religion.  

Constitutional rights are the realm of government vs private sector. Civil rights are the realm of private sector vs private sector.

If you want to bar private companies from infringing upon civil speech, all you need to do is have Congress pass a civil speech law on the level of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.  If you want to stop woke politics in the workplace, same deal.

They're not discriminating based on religion by having religious nuts do the same thing as everyone else.

In fact, ALLOWING a religious exemption is in violation if the act you cited, not the opposite. 

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

They're not discriminating based on religion by having religious nuts do the same thing as everyone else.

In fact, ALLOWING a religious exemption is in violation if the act you cited, not the opposite. 

The best way companies can meet the criteria of the 1964 CRA without getting into the legal weeds is to just throw up their hands and say "if an employee claims religious exemption, just allow it".  Otherwise they can wind up in court forever.

People with medical conditions get special accommodations all the time.  Even low-level cashiers have Doctor's notes that restrict what they can do on the job. 

Is there more to this story that you haven't told us?

Is being homosexual a pre-existing condition?  Maybe you can use that to your advantage? 

7 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

People with medical conditions get special accommodations all the time.  Even low-level cashiers have Doctor's notes that restrict what they can do on the job. 

Is there more to this story that you haven't told us?

If the story is true, that's what I'm wondering too...would think he would be covered by ADA if vaccine presented legitimate issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

It is absolute bullsh!t that employee A can be fired, but employee B can't because of religion by the way. 

Phillybear now waits a few days after sneezing on them, then props up the corpses on the chairs in the cubicals. 

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

It is absolute bullsh!t that employee A can be fired, but employee B can't because of religion by the way. 

Hmmm, since Phillybear is the last Aztec still practicing ritual human sacrifices, he may get to formulate his own religious exemption.

4 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Well if you have diabetes and are middle aged, it's probably in your best interest to get the vaccine.  Even TimmySmith agrees.

Being that inflammations and nerve damage are common adverse effects, I have mild neuropathy in my right foot and have had uvulitis a few times the past couple of years, I would disagree as I don't want to exacerbate underlying issues.  I need my stupid numb foot to drive with, and I need my throat to breathe.

4 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What profession are you in?

Government worker using a computer. I'll leave it at that.

3 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

Sabotage those mutherfuckers on the way out.  :bandana:

I've been sabotaging everybody for decades. They'll finally notice the lack of sabotage when I'm gone.

3 hours ago, MDC said:

I don’t believe anything about this story. :thumbsup: 

Your consistency is almost admirable.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bill E. said:

Can't they say that the vaccine is dangerous if you have a serious medical condition?  :dunno:   ( donno medical )

I have an upcoming doctor's appointment. He hasn't push me in any direction regarding the vaccine, and he is very anti-mask. My mission is to convince him to write up an accommodation and see if it means anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Is being homosexual a pre-existing condition?  Maybe you can use that to your advantage? 

Well, they did call it a covid-19 vaccine MAN...DATE.

So, how YOU doing? :wub:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

Hmmm, since Phillybear is the last Aztec still practicing ritual human sacrifices, he may get to formulate his own religious exemption.

Yesterday afternoon, I was standing at my bedroom window, and noticed a baby rabbit grazing on the back lawn, directly below the window. Now, the window is maybe 20 feet off the ground. I carefully and quietly removed the screen window. As luck would have it, I had a robust watermelon in the fridge.

You know how when you drop a water balloon from a height, and what happens when it connects with a solid object? Well, that baby rabbit exploded. And it was at that moment that I was in my happy place.

2 hours ago, phillybear said:

Being that inflammations and nerve damage are common adverse effects, I have mild neuropathy in my right foot and have had uvulitis a few times the past couple of years, I would disagree as I don't want to exacerbate underlying issues.  I need my stupid numb foot to drive with, and I need my throat to breathe.

Well even lod001 would probably recommend you get the vaccine.   Since even he would say "the virus kills the unhealthy, the jab kills the healthy."  So you're good.

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

"the virus kills the unhealthy, the jab kills the healthy." 

True point there.

14 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Well even lod001 would probably recommend you get the vaccine.   Since even he would say "the virus kills the unhealthy, the jab kills the healthy."  So you're good.

Unhealthy. Yes, I am. I think the early 2000's wore me out, working multiple jobs, no sleep. Finally, in 2005, went to the doctor because I was so run down. They called an ambulance to take me to the hospital. Spent over a week in ICU. The doctors told my parents to start making funeral arrangements since I wasn't going to make it.

I may have hallucinated having a bare knuckle 74 round boxing match with the Grim Reaper. Maybe not. But it was a battle. I might have punched a nurse in the face that kept me from drinking water for 4 days, and then when they gave me a kit to wash up, I drank a bottle of mouth wash out of desperation because my mouth was dryer than kitty litter in...a dryer. Plus, work kept calling me, needing data, even though I was dying. Oh, I have maladies. Health issues. I don't know how my liver isn't deader than dead with the way I drink.

And the vaccine gives me pause.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

You likely have ADA claims beyond normal claims. 

That’s not very nice. :nono:

9 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

I realized that when I was 12.

I still say the Amish do it the right way.  Get married at 18.  Start having kids immediately.  Have 6-8 kids.  By age 40, you can retire and your kids can take care of you more and more.  They work hard but for their own family with strong family bonds so there is a payoff.  In our culture, we work hard as a nameless, faceless entity and in the end we have given up a family life for a cold corporate goodbye - - its just not healthy.

Work smarter not harder.

The Amish do everything half again as hard as we do. :dunno:

7 minutes ago, frank said:

The Amish do everything half again as hard as we do. :dunno:

10 frames?.....that's for Quakers :doublethumbsup:

7 hours ago, phillybear said:

I have an upcoming doctor's appointment. He hasn't push me in any direction regarding the vaccine, and he is very anti-mask. My mission is to convince him to write up an accommodation and see if it means anything.

Good Luck

****Updated

After my doctor's appointment, my fate is sealed. While he thinks I should take the J&J jab, he understands my reluctance and is against the mandates, especially the doctors and nurses being fired with these mandates. But he said he has filled out medical exceptions, and every one of those employees has still been fired. Including people who have been working exclusively from home. So, he gave up. He thinks the only hope is if the Supreme Court gets involved. And that will take time.

It's a bureaucracy, which moves slowly. My employer's policies are to be released at the end of the month. Maybe I get to survive until the end of the year. Doctor gave me extremely encouraging news as far as my medications, especially my insulin, and being able to still obtain them. Alleyway, paper bag, sucking somebody's hog. Or it might be easier, just not as much fun.

I may have to move in with my remaining living family members, survive on my/our savings, and coast to retirement age. I've crunched the numbers, and I think it works.

I've taken one week of vacation since 1999, we just had a 4 day holiday weekend where I worked every day, so maybe I need some time off anyway. I used to take vacation days just so I didn't have to travel to work, and work at home, because the travel time was wasting work time. You can only bank so many vacation days before you reach your limit. I'm wondering if I've lost a thousand vacation days by now.

And people still trust the government. Lunkheads. Heads will roll.

• Haha 1

Just now, posty said:

Still think it would be easier to just get the damn shot...

You're soft...that's what they want.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

No, with my immune system and the desire to not get as sick without the shot, I got the shot...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Yes, they want people to get the shot and not be pandemic-prolonging dumbasses.

• Like 1

BTW, it really doesn't matter to me if one gets the vaccine or not...  If you don't, one must accept the consequences no matter how dumb, like this one, that employers are making...

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

phillybear is unhealthy and I presume not young.   He's basically the definition of high risk for dying of covid, and his doctor is recommending it

15 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

phillybear is unhealthy and I presume not young.   He's basically the definition of high risk for dying of covid, and his doctor is recommending it

Nah. The doctor just doesn't want anybody to lose their job. He still isn't trying to talk me into it, but just to be sure of what I want to do since my job is on the line.

The good take away is that he is requesting additional information from my very recent blood work, to see if I got the antibodies. He strongly opposes the germ therapy for anyone with the antibodies.

34 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Rusty, the vaccinated are the super spreaders. But you all ready know that.

Happy trolling!! HTH. WWC29D?

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

What a dope...

2 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Hey retard, tell me about that Mu variant and your stupid worthless jab juice. Here, I'll even give you a tweet from eric the ding-aling failed vax pimping idiot. He's the type of tard you listen to. He can't deny the uselessness of the jab juice now.

1 hour ago, phillybear said:

Nah. The doctor just doesn't want anybody to lose their job. He still isn't trying to talk me into it, but just to be sure of what I want to do since my job is on the line.

The good take away is that he is requesting additional information from my very recent blood work, to see if I got the antibodies. He strongly opposes the germ therapy for anyone with the antibodies.

If I were you, I would find someone with covid and have them give it to you. Unless you think you are in the 0.2% risk area (its really more like under 0.1%). 

16 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Hey retard, tell me about that Mu variant and your stupid worthless jab juice. Here, I'll even give you a tweet from eric the ding-aling failed vax pimping idiot. He's the type of tard you listen to. He can't deny the uselessness of the jab juice now.

The vaccines have been pretty effective against COVID and previous variants. Eventually we can expect a variant that the vaccines are less effective against. That shouldnt make you happy and it certainly doesnt prove that they are useless. Just look at the data on Delta's effect on the vaccinated vs the unvaccinated.