phillybear

So, I'm going to be fired in the next couple of weeks. Vaccine.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Hard to tell if the vaxxed are "getting it" more than the unvaxxed in the US (yes it's sad we don't have that data), but most other countries' data are still showing the unvaxxed are more likely to "get it."   But the unvaxxed are being hospitalized and dying at much higher rates basically everywhere.

You do realize that everyone is going to get this, right? You cannot stop it.

2 minutes ago, posty said:

According to @lod001's study link:

The researchers also found that people who had SARS-CoV-2 previously and received one dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine were more highly protected against reinfection than those who once had the virus and were still unvaccinated.

Seeing how no one that had the virus already ever gets it again, that is simply a lie.

Note that that article pimps getting the 'vaccine' anyway even after it says that natural immunity is superior.

2 minutes ago, lod001 said:

You do realize that everyone is going to get this, right? You cannot stop it.

Yeah pretty much.  But better to be vaxxed when you do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Most of the people I know who are getting COVID now are people who are vaccinated. 

That is pretty strange.  My friend's wife said her hospital are overrun with unvaccinated COVID patients.  She is a surgeon that is now working the covid wing since all unnecessary surgeries are canceled. Another friend whose brother is a surgeon in Alabama said the same thing.  I guess people have to decide to trust the testimony of people like them or people who say they know people...

We had a lot of people in my area get COVID last year and the majority of people I know are now vaccinated.

That sounds like two different things. It looked like you meant  "We had a lot of people in my area get COVID last year and the majority of those people that I know are now vaccinated."  If that is what you meant that should tell you something.

6 minutes ago, posty said:

According to @lod001's study link:

The researchers also found that people who had SARS-CoV-2 previously and received one dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine were more highly protected against reinfection than those who once had the virus and were still unvaccinated.

I've read that as well.  I still don't know anyone who has been re-infected and my Dr. didn't know any know anyone either.  All he could tell me was that it's recommended to get it, not that I needed to or should.

9 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

No one can deny that this is not a very politicized vaccine. 

Hating the current government and unions etc., for being such political assh0les is the correct thing to feel.

The rest of it, fock it. Do what you think is right for yourself and live with it. 

Tell creepy joe to fock himself along with fauci.

I agree with all of this.  Still I stand by what I am hearing from medical people I know that voted for Trump and will do so again if given a chance.  They say this can be devastating for people of all ages if you get it without the shot.  Friend's wife said a 30 year old pregnant lady in her hospital got it and they had to do an emergency c-section.  Baby lived mother did not.  They keep telling us all kinds of awful schitt. 

1 minute ago, Bill E. said:

That is pretty strange.  My friend's wife said her hospital are overrun with unvaccinated COVID patients.  She is a surgeon that is now working the covid wing since all unnecessary surgeries are canceled. Another friend whose brother is a surgeon in Alabama said the same thing.  I guess people have to decide to trust the testimony of people like them or people who say they know people...

That sounds like two different things. It looked like you meant  "We had a lot of people in my area get COVID last year and the majority of those people that I know are now vaccinated."  If that is what you meant that should tell you something.

My guess is that since we had a high rate of infection last year we have a lower percentage of unvaccinated people who never had COVID.  I think a lot of the people who are not vaccinated are people like me who have already had COVID.  The people who haven't had COVID are getting it around the same rate, regardless of having the vaccine or not.

This is all just anecdotal.  The majority of people I know are vaccinated.  The few that are not vaccinated have already had COVID.  Since the majority of people I know are vaccinated then it makes sense that all the people I know who are getting COVID are also vaccinated.  It's not a huge number of people but every time I hear of someone getting COVID I find out they also are vaccinated.

53 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

:doh:

You have nothing to argue so you just make emojis. Cool. Again- what dictatorship did you live under?

27 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Seeing how no one that had the virus already ever gets it again, that is simply a lie.

Note that that article pimps getting the 'vaccine' anyway even after it says that natural immunity is superior.

There are a number of people who have gotten COVID twice...so please. Stop with your BS

26 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Prove it. You cannot. All you can do is maybe find a bias link to some nutjob who claims they got it twice with zero proof.

Fact is you have lifetime immunity.

https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/good-news-mild-covid-19-induces-lasting-antibody-protection/

That doesn't say what you think it says you reading comprehension challenged individual

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

There are a number of people who have gotten COVID twice...so please. Stop with your BS

Do you know any?  I know some people who think they did but they were never tested the first time they assume they had it.

36 minutes ago, lod001 said:

34 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Prove it. You cannot. All you can do is maybe find a bias link to some nutjob who claims they got it twice with zero proof.

Fact is you have lifetime immunity.

https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/good-news-mild-covid-19-induces-lasting-antibody-protection/

Your own link proved it dummy, as posty's post pointed out.   You don't even believe your own links?

edit: another quote from the actual study: "evidence of waning natural immunity was demonstrated"

26 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah pretty much.  But better to be vaxxed when you do.

Then why do we still have to do this song and dance about spreading it? 

If you want the shot, get it.

If you don't want the shot, don't get it.  

And lets move the fock on.

What are we trying to accomplish? Less people dying? Lets pull tobacco and alcohol off the shelves then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Then why do we still have to do this song and dance about spreading it? 

It's still less likely to get it if you're vaxxed, so if you're less likely to get it, then you're less likely to spread it.  But eventually you probably will.

15 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Do you know any?  I know some people who think they did but they were never tested the first time they assume they had it.

You are heading down the troll rabbit hole.  The chubbiejrs and botcucks of the world have nothing but time on their hands. 

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

It's still less likely to get it if you're vaxxed, so if you're less likely to get it, then you're less likely to spread it.  But eventually you probably will.

Sounds like insanity to me

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I can't take any of this seriously until they somehow fold antibody testing into the gameplan.

Dude, they don't care about immunity or antibodies.  Never have.  

13 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

You haven't really followed much of this have you?

Unless you are being a pvssy and saying, "just do what you are told else we take your livlihood and everything else from you." 

Do you have any concept of what dictator governments do to their people? 

Sounds more like private business...not governments...

23 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It's in the study that lod linked!

52 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Sounds more like private business...not governments...

Government is heavily pushing the agenda. Fear mongering to the point of threats.

24 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Am I reading a different article than you?

Maybe.

I was referring to the actual study but some of these numbers were quoted in the article as well - https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v1.full

By definition, if something is however many times more likely, then it happens in both scenarios.  If it never happened then it would be infinitely more likely.

Under results:

[Model 1]

During the follow-up period, 257 cases of SARS-CoV-2 infection were recorded, of which 238 occurred in the vaccinated group (breakthrough infections) and 19 in the previously infected group (reinfections)

As for symptomatic SARS-COV-2 infections during the follow-up period, 199 cases were recorded, 191 of which were in the vaccinated group and 8 in the previously infected group

Nine cases of COVID-19-related hospitalizations were recorded, 8 of which were in the vaccinated group and 1 in the previously infected group 

[Model 2] 

When comparing the vaccinated individuals to those previously infected at any time (including during 2020), we found that throughout the follow-up period, 748 cases of SARS-CoV-2 infection were recorded, 640 of which were in the vaccinated group (breakthrough infections) and 108 in the previously infected group (reinfections).

Overall, 552 symptomatic cases of SARS-CoV-2 were recorded, 484 in the vaccinated group and 68 in the previously infected group.

[Model 3]

Examining previously infected individuals to those who were both previously infected and received a single dose of the vaccine...Symptomatic disease was present in 16 single dose vaccinees and in 23 of their unvaccinated counterparts.

lod's gotta be trolling us at this point.  He thinks the vaccine does nothing, but natural immunity lasts forever.   If vaccine immunity wanes, natural immunity probably does too.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yes I do. Some got it really bad a second time, some said it was super mild. They all said it had different symptoms the second time around.

One of the reasons I got the vaccine (besides working in a school) is the uncertainty of it all. I'm not real anxious to get a disease that might knock my sense of smell out for a few days or put me on a ventilator clinging to life in a hospital. At least with a vaccine my symptoms will most likely be on the milder side of the spectrum.

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Who is "they"?

Everyone pushing the jab.   Including a gang of idiots who are following those people but have no idea why. 

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Everyone pushing the jab.   Including a gang of idiots who are following those people but have no idea why. 

So people you decided are the enemy just because?

Got it.

They cat tell covid from a fock cold yet alone the flu. 

Trolling? I've destroyed your vax every way possible.

1 minute ago, LOD01 said:

They cat tell covid from a fock cold yet alone the flu. 

Trolling? I've destroyed your vax every way possible.

March of 2020 called- they want you back.

Also, with your atrocious spelling perhaps you aren't the best person to be giving COVID information. 

You are such a fuckin retard that you posted 'if the vaccine wanes'. 'if'. No it's a fockin fact. If anyone is a troll, it is you cause you can't get anything right.

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

March of 2020 called- they want you back.

Also, with your atrocious spelling perhaps you aren't the best person to be giving COVID information. 

I'm on a cell phone dicklips. Yes it's spelled correctly. You have dicklips used for sucking.

3 minutes ago, LOD01 said:

I'm on a cell phone dicklips. Yes it's spelled correctly. You have dicklips used for sucking.

Very mature. Again- I'm not sure you are the one people should look at as the authority on sussing out COVID information.

Also, it's two words for the one in bold. Get it together champ

9 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

So people you decided are the enemy just because?

Got it.

:lol:   No one has called anyone an "enemy".    Retard, yes. 

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol:   No one has called anyone an "enemy".    Retard, yes. 

Here is a simple fact-

vaccines work in helping to stunt or outright stop the spread of disease.

No amount of stupid people on Facebook, or here, or whatever quack you want to believe changes that. 

17 minutes ago, LOD01 said:

You are such a fuckin retard that you posted 'if the vaccine wanes'. 'if'. No it's a fockin fact. If anyone is a troll, it is you cause you can't get anything right.

So you don't think natural immunity wanes though?

23 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

The "why" is because the vaccine works.    I don't really agree with the mandates though

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

The "why" is because the vaccine works.    I don't really agree with the mandates though

No proof that it works better than acquired immunity.  :dunno: