phillybear

So, I'm going to be fired in the next couple of weeks. Vaccine.

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

it is pretty common knowledge 12-18 months is pretty standard for vaccine approval

Are you serious? 

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Are you serious? 

Yeah....they sped the process a little but they had 165 million data points and months of studying.

The pfizer one is full approved. Not sure what people want. 

Aww.... I hurt your feelers didn't I? A little too close to home I'm guessing. 

I'm not even guessing anymore.

You definitely are the result of a foursome between newbie, rusty, mdc, and worms having an anal sexathon on each other. But the question still remains, which one of them shlt you out the next day? Who's your daddy?

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Yeah....they sped the process a little but they had 165 million data points and monthsof studying.

The pfizer one is full approved. Not sure what people want. 

🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

🤣🤣🤣

What do you disagree with? They did study it. Not my fault you believe window lickers on Facebook instead of scientists.

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Aww.... I hurt your feelers didn't I? A little too close to home I'm guessing. 

You mean less than nothing to me..

kind of the same way your parents feel about you- since they regret not aborting you

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

kind of the same way your parents feel about you- since they regret not aborting you

Your parents tried and failed leaving you mentally handicapped. That's how inept they are.

But we already knew that mdc and newbie are inept so...:dunno:

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Your parents tried and failed leaving you mentally handicapped. That's how inept they are.

And yet I'm still smarter than you.

Doesn't say much for you champ. How about you bring some knowledge to this discussion rather than keyboard diarrhea?

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

What do you disagree with? They did study it. Not my fault you believe window lickers on Facebook instead of scientists.

So please tell me how successful ANY country has been with previous Corona vaccines. "They just need to work on the19 part"🤣🤣🤣you mean the year it was named after??? "12-18 months is pretty standard"🤣🤣🤣 You just solidified you spot as GC punching bag.  Congrats.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

So please tell me how successful ANY country has been with previous Corona vaccines. "They just need to work on the19 part"🤣🤣🤣you mean the year it was named after??? "12-18 months is pretty standard"🤣🤣🤣 You just solidified you spot as GC punching bag.  Congrats.

Not my fault you are too stupid to read legitimate sources. 

Here is a simple factual analogy. A vaccine for generic coronavirus would be like a police sketch for a person described as a white male in their 30's. It will narrow down what you are looking for but not completely. Once they knew the "19" part and could narrow it down it was now like "White male in their 30's with a handlebar mustache and a cross tattoo on their cheek." It significantly narrowed down what they are looking for.

But I guess someone in their car yelling at their phone in a Piggly Wiggly parking lot is more credible to you than a scientist. 

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Here is a simple factual analogy. A vaccine for generic coronavirus would be like a police sketch for a person described as a white male in their 30's. It will narrow down what you are looking for but not completely. Once they knew the "19" part and could narrow it down it was now like "White male in their 30's with a handlebar mustache and a cross tattoo on their cheek." It significantly narrowed down what they are looking for.

But I guess someone in their car yelling at their phone in a Piggly Wiggly parking lot is more credible to you than a scientist. 

I feel dumber reading this.  Gah.  

3 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Before I waste time reading...this article will state that, according to Mooney, just over a year is normal for approval of previous vaccines?

Sorry thought you were questioning that it had been a year.

FDA says 1-4 years for phase 3 trials, so while maybe not “common,” not uncommon - https://www.fda.gov/patients/drug-development-process/step-3-clinical-research

Not how it works.  And tell me about this "generic" Corona vaccine please.

And while we have vaccines for seasonal influenza, HPV and other diseases, creating a new vaccine isn't as simple as taking an existing one and swapping the viruses, said Larisa Labzin, an immunologist from the University of Queensland.

"For each virus or different bacterium that causes a disease, we need a different vaccine because the immune response that's mounted is different," Dr Labzin told ABC Science.

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Not how it works.  And tell me about this "generic" Corona vaccine please.

And while we have vaccines for seasonal influenza, HPV and other diseases, creating a new vaccine isn't as simple as taking an existing one and swapping the viruses, said Larisa Labzin, an immunologist from the University of Queensland.

"For each virus or different bacterium that causes a disease, we need a different vaccine because the immune response that's mounted is different," Dr Labzin told ABC Science.

Yeah see- you are just admitting you don't understand what I am saying. But please continue to try and say things like you know something. 

Yeah see- you are just admitting you don't understand what I am saying. But please continue to try and say things like you know something. 

Thanks for following up with data, chump.  I'll be on Google looking for the generic corona vaccine

26 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I don’t think they’ve tried very hard to make vaccines for other coronaviruses though.  They’re either not that dangerous (like really not dangerous, not the “not dangerous” that covid deniers say), or like SARS 1 which was very dangerous but easier to contain.

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Thanks for following up with data, chump.  I'll be on Google looking for the generic corona vaccine

I did give you facts and data man. You decided you didn't believe it and then pulled quotes that were arguing things I didn't say. Settle down. 

10 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Sorry thought you were questioning that it had been a year.

FDA says 1-4 years for phase 3 trials, so while maybe not “common,” not uncommon - https://www.fda.gov/patients/drug-development-process/step-3-clinical-research

Two items of note...notice how small the number of phase 3 participants are?  And only 30% of drugs actually get past that?

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Two items of note...notice how small the number of phase 3 participants are?  And only 30% of drugs actually get past that?

Just cause I know you don't understand simple concepts

1 year is 12 months- so 18 months is well within the 1-4 years number.

What doosh is this sanctimonious doosh a doosh alias of? 

My money is on worms. Weird how this guy shows up when worms is supposed to be voluntarily suspended. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Just cause I know you don't understand simple concepts

1 year is 12 months- so 18 months is well within the 1-4 years number.

First of all, this is for new drug approval, not vaccines.  Second, if we wanna use these time lines, the 1-4 years is for Phase 3 only. Thats AFTER phase 1 and 2 that can last years.  There's nothing in that data which would lead one to believe that 17 mo would be "pretty standard".

Also, still looking for a any info at all on a generic corona vaccine.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

What doosh is this sanctimonious doosh a doosh alias of? 

My money is on worms. Weird how this guy shows up when worms is supposed to be voluntarily suspended. 

Hmmm...but I think wormy is smarter than this guy.

I'm done with you guys. If you don't want to engage realistically there is no discussing things with you. I explained the generic idea of producing a vaccine- Fireballer didn't get it and posted some strawman. 

5 points and the other people here just name call because they have nothing. Enjoy your death march guys

12 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Hmmm...but I think wormy is smarter than this guy.

That makes one of us. 

This alias fits worms' bill to a T.

10 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I'm done with you guys. If you don't want to engage realistically there is no discussing things with you. I explained the generic idea of producing a vaccine- Fireballer didn't get it and posted some strawman. 

5 points and the other people here just name call because they have nothing. Enjoy your death march guys

Busted 

8 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Enjoy your liberal boyfriends for the rest of your life. Bye. :wave:

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

What you don't get is that there was no previous version , generic, or whatever you wanna call it.  And I posted a quote from an article that said, you can't just take elements from one vaccine and make another one by adding the "19" elements to it.  So there is no "white male suspect" vax  that they turn into a 30 year old with a handlebar mustache vaccine. This, in addition to the difficulty of maxing a Vax for an upper respiratory virus. They historically aren't successful and can do more harm. 

In summary, your 18 month timeline being "pretty standard" is junk.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

That makes one of us. 

This alias fits worms' bill to a T.

I don't think wormy could resist causing trouble in multiple threads.  This guy has stuck to this one except for a bunch of FF garbage on mange board.

22 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I don't think wormy could resist causing trouble in multiple threads.  This guy has stuck to this one except for a bunch of FF garbage on mange board.

Coincidence that the alias joined while worms was on his voluntary hiatus because TRUMP!   :mad:

And started poasting in the GC so recently? 

Then runs away as soon as I call him out?

Doesn't pass the sniff test for me. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Coincidence that the alias joined while worms was on his voluntary hiatus because TRUMP!   :mad:

Worms is an angry drunk and Sean Mooney sounds like the name of an angry drunk. :unsure:

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Worms is an angry drunk and Sean Mooney sounds like the name of an angry drunk. :unsure:

:thumbsup:

The guy is all over this thread calling people names and questioning their intelligence then :cry: and runs away because people called him names. 

What a maroon!  :lol:

21 hours ago, 5-Points said:

I've been here for a few years jerkoff. And I ain't running . You just have nothing. Literally nothing. Typical Trump Ballwasher you are. Think if you yell louder it is evidence. 

22 hours ago, Fireballer said:

What you don't get is that there was no previous version , generic, or whatever you wanna call it.  And I posted a quote from an article that said, you can't just take elements from one vaccine and make another one by adding the "19" elements to it.  So there is no "white male suspect" vax  that they turn into a 30 year old with a handlebar mustache vaccine. This, in addition to the difficulty of maxing a Vax for an upper respiratory virus. They historically aren't successful and can do more harm. 

In summary, your 18 month timeline being "pretty standard" is junk.  

You could save yourself a lot of words by just typing "Duh."

Because you are a dope, you still don't get what I said or am saying and you never will. Kind of like for you. 

14 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I've been here for a few years jerkoff. And I ain't running . You just have nothing. Literally nothing. Typical Trump Ballwasher you are. Think if you yell louder it is evidence. 

You've "been here" for a couple of years, dipshit. 

You've been posting in the GC for a couple weeks dumbass. 

You showed up, called people names because they held different beliefs than you, questioned their intelligence for holding those beliefs and then complained because you got called names. 

Show yourself out. You won't be missed.  :wave: 

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

You've "been here" for a couple of years, dipshit. 

You've been posting in the GC for a couple weeks dumbass. 

You showed up, called people names because they held different beliefs than you, questioned their intelligence for holding those beliefs and then complained because you got called names. 

Show yourself out. You won't be missed.  :wave: 

I called people stupid and questioned their intelligence because they deserve it if they are going to be whiny bitches about this stuff. I question your intelligence because you clearly have no brain in your head. You guys had nothing to support anything you were saying so you name called. You especially felt you had to white knight for some reason. Do us all a favor and never procreate so we don't have to deal with your wretched seed anymore on Earth.

10 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I called people stupid and questioned their intelligence because they deserve it if they are going to be whiny bitches about this stuff. I question your intelligence because you clearly have no brain in your head. You guys had nothing to support anything you were saying so you name called. You especially felt you had to white knight for some reason. Do us all a favor and never procreate so we don't have to deal with your wretched seed anymore on Earth.

Ok. Worms. 

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Ok. Worms. 

Don't even know who that is champ but nice try.

It must suck to not face the fact that you are such a piece of that multiple people might dislike you.