phillybear

So, I'm going to be fired in the next couple of weeks. Vaccine.

It's cathartic in a way. 22+ years for a shitty organization, and place I hate, with co-workers I hate. But, like Dexter, there is a code. It's called work ethic. I've been working 7 days a week, 12 hours a day, holidays, I think I took a week off vacation in 2006, wasn't my idea.

The leadership voted that all employees need to be vaccinated. It's an organization with tens of thousands of employees. If you follow the data and demographics, you may have 50% to maybe upwards of 67% of all employees vaccinated. The organization is committing suicide by firing a huge chunk of employees in the next few weeks. They haven't been able to fill their vacancies, ever, in the past 30 years. Now, it's just...suicide by organization. Yeah, we can't find people to work these jobs, but let's fire everybody trying to find them.

Again, I've yet to come across anybody in my life affected by the Chinese Virus. The vaccine: 4 people are dead, additionally, one is paralyzed in a wheelchair by stroke, one lost feeling in their right leg, one had a miscarriage. I need to help my family, and the vaccine is more close to death than the Chinese Virus. Which is conflicting, since I don't want to help anyone.

I'm really at a loss that this is how society has devolved. I'm losing my job, not from performance, but medical condition. I am so furious, I am so going on a...you know what, a marathon of a Criminal Minds will make me chill out...I can't even begin to clarify my rage...that I can't find my remote control.

For those that hate me for my insults over the years. Middle finger. I'm getting better at trapping animals in my backyard. I am soooooooo going off the grid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

crazy huh!?!

good luck on your new chapter

I think I'd sue a company that fires for not getting a Covid vaccine.  What a focking joke.  Good luck to you phillybear.

2 hours ago, Gepetto said:

I think I'd sue a company that fires for not getting a Covid vaccine.  What a focking joke.  Good luck to you phillybear.

I'd find out which of the leadership has Pfizer stock and accuse them of collusion with other companies in order to manipulate the stock price.  This will happen. As well as suits against politicians.

12 hour days 7 days a week and no vacations?  Work ethic is fine but these are examples of what I don't do anymore. I used to give my all to companies, until I realized that at any time, for any reason, they can and will sh!t can you and not look back.

It is rare they will go  "Well we wanna fire phillybear but he has worked 12 hour days and 7 day weeks"   Nope..You'll get canned anyway.

So maybe this is a blessing.   My old boss used to say life is too short to have to work that hard.    Working for a company is one thing, giving them your life is not good.

Yea I’m with Gepetto. I’m suing if they decide to fire me over that. A good lawyer will win that case. Especially since the CDC themselves say it doesn’t stop the spread of covid. They made you work during the whole lockdown without the vaccine I’m sure. Just like those nurses and doctors who worked with covid patients during the lockdowns and they had no vaccine. Those same people that were being praised for working during the pandemic are now being fired because they choose not to risk getting the vaccine 

good. 

I agree, I'd be inclined to sue. Honestly, though, I'd be surprised if you'd win. Too many employers, with big legal departments on staff, are doing this for there not to be an out.

Hell, I'm surprised they haven't passed legislation expressly allowing this yet.

Honestly Philly, you should have left a long time ago. I hope you find greener pastures in the future. Or dead hookers, whatever floats your boat.

11 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Yea I’m with Gepetto. I’m suing if they decide to fire me over that. A good lawyer will win that case. Especially since the CDC themselves say it doesn’t stop the spread of covid. They made you work during the whole lockdown without the vaccine I’m sure. Just like those nurses and doctors who worked with covid patients during the lockdowns and they had no vaccine. Those same people that were being praised for working during the pandemic are now being fired because they choose not to risk getting the vaccine 

I think you put me on ignore because I smacked you down in the Umass students thread, but are you just saying you’d sue if you were phillybear or are you saying you don’t plan to take the vaccine?

Because previously you posed this:

Forget about the vaccine here, why the hell have you continued working there if you hate it so much?  There are way too many options available in the workforce to put up with that.  Getting fired for not getting the vaccine may be a blessing for you.

Just now, avoiding injuries said:

Just an FYI to keep your options open… There are plenty of places online to get a vaccination card without actually getting the vaccine. 

Saw a doctor around here on the news that got arrested for selling those vaccine cards 

Just hold strong. They will back down.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Just hold strong. They will back down.

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/23/1030430485/with-the-fda-approval-employers-can-now-require-vaccination-against-covid

Murky legal waters. I expect you'll see a push to provide employers with more legal cover, soon.

You'll also see gop states move to prohibit this. 

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

12 hour days 7 days a week and no vacations?  Work ethic is fine but these are examples of what I don't do anymore. I used to give my all to companies, until I realized that at any time, for any reason, they can and will sh!t can you and not look back.

It is rare they will go  "Well we wanna fire phillybear but he has worked 12 hour days and 7 day weeks"   Nope..You'll get canned anyway.

So maybe this is a blessing.   My old boss used to say life is too short to have to work that hard.    Working for a company is one thing, giving them your life is not good.

It's not all bad. Work tends to be tedious. So I challenge myself with day drinking, and still getting the job done. I've gotten very good at it.

Just now, phillybear said:

It's not all bad. Work tends to be tedious. So I challenge myself with day drinking, and still getting the job done. I've gotten very good at it.

Ive been there.  Believe me.   I know how you feel and I respect it.  Work ethic is a lost art.  But there should be a limit.   

26 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Forget about the vaccine here, why the hell have you continued working there if you hate it so much?  There are way too many options available in the workforce to put up with that.  Getting fired for not getting the vaccine may be a blessing for you.

There aren't going to be many options for a middle aged lunkhead that is unvaccinated and can't wear a mask for more than 15 minutes without passing out. They tend to hire kids right out of college.

I also need insulin to live. I don't know how many places immediately give you health insurance, or if they put you in a probationary period.

3 minutes ago, phillybear said:

There aren't going to be many options for a middle aged lunkhead that is unvaccinated and can't wear a mask for more than 15 minutes without passing out. They tend to hire kids right out of college.

I also need insulin to live. I don't know how many places immediately give you health insurance, or if they put you in a probationary period.

Do you have diabetes?

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Do you have diabetes?

Yes. I got a doctor's note last year, which is still keeping me working from home 100% of the time, while they are forcing people to return to the office.

I'm going to be fired for not getting the vaccine, while working isolated at home. Hilarity.

• Sad 1

Just now, phillybear said:

Yes. I got a doctor's note last year, which is still keeping me working from home 100% of the time, while they are forcing people to return to the office.

I'm going to be fired for not getting the vaccine, while working isolated at home. Hilarity.

Well if you have diabetes and are middle aged, it's probably in your best interest to get the vaccine.  Even TimmySmith agrees.

1 minute ago, phillybear said:

You need to see a lawyer. Today. You likely have ADA claims beyond normal claims. Way beyond my former expertise. 

3 minutes ago, phillybear said:

What profession are you in?

45 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/23/1030430485/with-the-fda-approval-employers-can-now-require-vaccination-against-covid

Murky legal waters. I expect you'll see a push to provide employers with more legal cover, soon.

You'll also see gop states move to prohibit this. 

I've seen if enough employees push back management will fold.

That being said, don't quit make them fire you. Collect unemployment and lawyer up.

37 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

You need to see a lawyer. Today. You likely have ADA claims beyond normal claims. Way beyond my former expertise. 

Yea I’m with you on this. These companies are opening themselves up to legal action. Especially since I guarantee before covid they didnt require any vaccines for those jobs. Even worse stuff like polio. 

Sabotage those mutherfuckers on the way out.  :bandana:

29 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I've seen if enough employees push back management will fold.

That being said, don't quit make them fire you. Collect unemployment and lawyer up.

I agree with this. whatever you do dont quit...make them fire you

My sister got the Pfizer vaccine a day ago. First shot in the series. Started having chest pains and had to be rushed to the ER. Doctors told her she had a bad reaction and that she can’t get the second vaccine. My cousins wife had the same thing happen to her. Chest pains and BP kept skyrocketing uncontrollably. She’s only 29. Sister is 45. Both healthy with no prior issues. Doctors don’t even know what they’re supposed to do for them with the vaccine card. They have the first dose but can’t get the second. According to businesses they’d be fired for it. Sister doesn’t have to work anyway but cousins wife does. “Oh well that’s an exception. They should still be able to work and not get fired”. True. But what about the other people who have seen these side effects? They don’t want that happening to them cause it can cause heart defects. They’d rather take their chances with a virus that has a 98%+ survival rate than willingly inject a vaccine that’s known to cause heart problems. It’s perfectly understandable. Especially since it doesn’t stop the spread of covid. Which is why I say, anyone requiring the vaccine and will fire you for not getting it should be sued. Wearing a mask? Yea that’s fine. Mandate that cause that actually does help stop the spread and doesn’t cause any health problems. But the vaccine? Nah you’re gonna get sued for that 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

ARE THEY FORCING PEOPLE ON WELFARE TO GET IT???? unemployment???

Of course not because that would be raciss.  They also don't have to be tested for drugs. 

For 'I'm going to sue crowd'

Can my employer make me get vaccinated?

This begs the question, can my employer make me get vaccinated?

The short answer is: yes. And here’s why.

The government-run U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has stated that it is legal under federal law for companies to require their workers to get the COVID-19 vaccine, with a few exceptions related to other health complications, pregnancy, religious beliefs and other reasonable accommodations.

‘Constitutional restrictions simply do not apply to private employers’

So is your employer even allowed to mandate that you receive a COVID-19 vaccine before returning to a physical workplace?

“The short answer is yes,” Debbie Kaminer, a law professor at Baruch College’s Zicklin School of Business, told MarketWatch in October. “Employers have significantly more freedom when it’s an employer just enacting its own policy, and it’s not a government-mandated policy — because constitutional restrictions simply do not apply to private employers.”

Sahar Aziz, a professor at Rutgers Law School, agreed. “Legally, it will be difficult for you to refuse to take it, and still be able to go to work to that particular job,” absent any government action, she said. 

But employers can’t mandate a vaccine across the board, she added: There must be accommodations for employees based on medical or religious exemptions under anti-discrimination laws.

• Confused 1

Get a fake vaccine card and hand it to them.  

• Thanks 1

How does this thread not include anything about killing a bunch of people and burying them in your backyard?

Just now, Strike said:

How does this thread not include anything about killing a bunch of people and burying them in your backyard?

Or hoping his bosses drown in a puddle of AIDS COVID-19. 

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

It is absolute bullsh!t that employee A can be fired, but employee B can't because of religion by the way. 

Agreed, this religious exception BS is way too ingrained in our legal system. Your beliefs should not impact how I run my company.  

8 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

It is absolute bullsh!t that employee A can be fired, but employee B can't because of religion by the way. 

I’ve always hated that. Why is someone’s belief in the sky fairy more sacrosanct than someone else’s political beliefs? Dumb.

That said, this story is $110% fake.

10 hours ago, phillybear said:

It's cathartic in a way. 22+ years for a shitty organization, and place I hate, with co-workers I hate. But, like Dexter, there is a code. It's called work ethic. I've been working 7 days a week, 12 hours a day, holidays, I think I took a week off vacation in 2006, wasn't my idea.

The leadership voted that all employees need to be vaccinated. It's an organization with tens of thousands of employees. If you follow the data and demographics, you may have 50% to maybe upwards of 67% of all employees vaccinated. The organization is committing suicide by firing a huge chunk of employees in the next few weeks. They haven't been able to fill their vacancies, ever, in the past 30 years. Now, it's just...suicide by organization. Yeah, we can't find people to work these jobs, but let's fire everybody trying to find them.

Again, I've yet to come across anybody in my life affected by the Chinese Virus. The vaccine: 4 people are dead, additionally, one is paralyzed in a wheelchair by stroke, one lost feeling in their right leg, one had a miscarriage. I need to help my family, and the vaccine is more close to death than the Chinese Virus. Which is conflicting, since I don't want to help anyone.

I'm really at a loss that this is how society has devolved. I'm losing my job, not from performance, but medical condition. I am so furious, I am so going on a...you know what, a marathon of a Criminal Minds will make me chill out...I can't even begin to clarify my rage...that I can't find my remote control.

For those that hate me for my insults over the years. Middle finger. I'm getting better at trapping animals in my backyard. I am soooooooo going off the grid.

Good luck.  Maybe someone in charge there is smarter than Joe Biden and will get them to back away from that cliff before they all jump off.