Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Don't forget AJ Green

23 minutes ago, snatchit said:

Nate Burleson ... Is Pegging AJ  Green 

Not something I want to think about.

I just drafted him near the end of my bench. Hopefully he has a comeback otherwise I have no problem dropping him for whoever breaks out early.

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

I just drafted him near the end of my bench. Hopefully he has a comeback otherwise I have no problem dropping him for whoever breaks out early.

Thats all I am saying, I drafted him very late

On 8/25/2021 at 8:54 PM, snatchit said:

Great reports out of camp, if he can stay healthy... he would be a strong # 3 WR

Possible.  I fully expect Arizona to throw more and run less (with Murray), this year.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Possible.  I fully expect Arizona to throw more and run less (with Murray), this year.

I think they will, Murry himself said so

21 hours ago, jrokh said:

B ) Considering AJ Green had 47 receptions for 523 yards and 2 TD's in 16 games last year, he could qualify as the comeback player of the year and still not be all that fantasy relevant.

This is very funny.

I think they might pass a little more, and that would also benefit Hopkins , Edmonds, Kirk and R Moore , and Green. 

3 hours ago, snatchit said:

At the very least, Green will be a red zone target for them

After his 2 TDs with the Bengals last year, the Cardinals would be crazy not to utilize such a scoring machine.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

After his 2 TDs with the Bengals last year, the Cardinals would be crazy not to utilize such a scoring machine.

There is no limits to your ignorance , you amaze me everyday with new laughable content. I still think Mike hired you to give us guys a laugh. 

19 minutes ago, snatchit said:

I still think Mike hired you

Please let him know he is behind on the paychecks.

Owned 33% starting 1% what is everybody taking a wait and see approach? Was gonna start him over m Gordon??? Hopkins is gonna get the attention turning sure hand 2tall cheetah all the work 

I would say that’s the case, a wait and see approach. 

39 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

Owned 33% starting 1% what is everybody taking a wait and see approach?

That happens a lot with over-the-hill WR4s.

54 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

That happens a lot with over-the-hill WR4s.

Awww axey need sum attention 2day 

12 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

Awww axey need sum attention 2day 

Thanks for giving me some, you're a lifesaver!

I can't wait to hear from a few of you after Sunday... Green is gonna win me a GPP

8 catches, 112 yrds and 2 TD's @ 1% owned 

Hopkins scored 30 plus points once last season. 

For those that not only own Green , but are starting him I hope he goes for 30 points.  

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Hopkins scored 30 plus points once last season. 

For those that not only own Green , but are starting him I hope he goes for 30 points.  

I like stories.... Green and Julio are playing against each other, on new teams after spending 10 years with their last team. They both were drafted in 2011 .. Green was the 4th pick, and Julio was the 6th. I think they have both had HOF careers. I expect them both to ball out the 1st game, both on a mission to prove they still have it. Green will be a good red zone threat for ARZ, having good hands and being 6'4". TENN defensive backs are trash. Not sure why most have been poo pooing on him, especially after his QB, Coaches and beat writers there in the off season... says he looks amazing. He is the clear # 2 WR on a high flying offence. But I know I know, AxElf says he sucks.... so I guess he does. I am not starting him, the guys I have ahead of him ....seem like more of for sure deals. I am starting Julio.  This is just a hunch on my part, gonna give it a week to see

3 hours ago, snatchit said:

I can't wait to hear from a few of you after Sunday... Green is gonna win me a GPP

8 catches, 112 yrds and 2 TD's @ 1% owned 

well, I'll give it to ya.   if you got the balls to start him, you totally deserve the production if he blows up for big fantasy points.

but you will also deserve it if he gives you little to no points.   its one of those double edged swords haha.

at this point all I can say is good luck to you sir.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

well, I'll give it to ya.   if you got the balls to start him, you totally deserve the production if he blows up for big fantasy points.

but you will also deserve it if he gives you little to no points.   its one of those double edged swords haha.

at this point all I can say is good luck to you sir.

I guess you didnt read my whole text... I said I wasnt starting and doing a wait and see. My WR's are too strong to go there. This is just speculation on my part

Don’t think Jones as anything to prove , he was 14 best in avg per game points in ppr last season. 

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

Don’t think Jones as anything to prove , he was 14 best in avg per game points in ppr last season. 

This is true, but he for sure wants to show out on his new team. I can say both guys are #2 WR's for the 1st time in their career, of course they want to ball out

5 hours ago, snatchit said:

This is true, but he for sure wants to show out on his new team. I can say both guys are #2 WR's for the 1st time in their career, of course they want to ball out

Now that’s very true, both are wr2 on their teams.  Motivation.  

I benched Samuel for Green 😪 I'mma  wetodd 

On 8/28/2021 at 12:02 AM, AxeElf said:

The eye test has a lot more weight when it's the only metric you have.  We know what we have in AJ Green--a WR who was oft-injured in his prime, who hasn't been fantasy-relevant for three years now.  The chances that he will "re-emerge" at the age of 33 over guys like Christian Kirk and Rondale Moore is exceedingly slim.  There are literally dozens of better options in those late rounds.

Listen to the Elf,

Trophy on the shelf;

Listen to the others,

Go crying to your mothers.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Listen to the Elf,

Trophy on the shelf;

Listen to the others,

Go crying to your mothers.

Its one game, but i hear ya

I know Kirk had two tds today, but R Moore is going to be a good one in ppr.  

Green not so much.  

either way, I'm cheering for the guy.

I dont like seeing a player leave the game as a shadow of their former self.

I'd like to see him put up one good season here, and then leave on his own terms.

that being said, its getting to the point where the odds may be against him.  Hopefully he defies the odds or my analysis is just wrong.

Love the player.   but I did not draft him and he sits on the wire in at least one of my leagues and I have no plans to claim him at this point.

• Like 1

I am gonna give him one more week. I just dont know what to make of the coaches and people that watched him in practice, in the off season saying he looked like his old self... that he is a candidate for come back player of the year. 

7 minutes ago, snatchit said:

I am gonna give him one more week. I just dont know what to make of the coaches and people that watched him in practice, in the off season saying he looked like his old self... that he is a candidate for come back player of the year. 

well, there are a lot of people here who refuse to read press clippings.   Now you are finding out why.

not always are they written to be accurate.  they are written to create hype and sell newspapers or to make you click on the headline online.

There are a handful of reporters I trust, but thats about it.   If you think theres something to a news report, do your own research.

Usually when they say a player is injured, you can trust the report.  what you cant usually trust is the probable, doubtful, questionable rating they put on a players chance to play.

3 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

well, there are a lot of people here who refuse to read press clippings.   Now you are finding out why.

not always are they written to be accurate.  they are written to create hype and sell newspapers or to make you click on the headline online.

There are a handful of reporters I trust, but that's about it.   If you think there's something to a news report, do your own research.

Usually when they say a player is injured, you can trust the report.  what you cant usually trust is the probable, doubtful, questionable rating they put on a players chance to play.

I get all that, I just know that Nate Burleson also said after going to see him in camp... he thought he looked explosive and may be CBP of the year. I mean they brought him in camp, worked him out.. then gave him 6 million. BTW, beat writers would get more clicks if they said a 6 mil free agent sucked. Coaches and other WR's on the team wouldnt be bragging about him. They just would bring him up. Anyways, so far its not looking good. 

2 minutes ago, snatchit said:

I get all that, I just know that Nate Burleson also said after going to see him in camp... he thought he looked explosive and may be CBP of the year. I mean they brought him in camp, worked him out.. then gave him 6 million. BTW, beat writers would get more clicks if they said a 6 mil free agent sucked. Coaches and other WR's on the team wouldnt be bragging about him. They just would bring him up. Anyways, so far its not looking good. 

true. you get more clicks if you say a player sucks, but then the team wont give you interviews or information thereafter.

so if you are a local beat writer, too many negative articles may get you a few clicks, but they hurt your career.

either way, its one bad game.   Everyone has a bad game now and again.  if hes got the goods, he will turn it around.

• Like 1

Since Green isn’t the number one wr, he’s one of three other WRs.  

He’s going to be limited, and that’s what I was saying way way back this past summer, owning Green is one thing , knowing when to start him is another, I wouldn’t trust him.  

While helping someone on another site tonight, I delved into the Cardinals' box score a little, and was mildly surprised to see that AJ Green was the 2nd-most targeted receiver on the team--but he only caught 2 of his 6 targets.  Kirk and Moore were tied with 5 targets each, but Moore caught 4 of his 5 and Kirk all 5 of his 5...including 2 TDs.  So that was probly Green's shot.  I would expect his target share to go down to more like 2-3 going forward, with everyone else gaining one--at least until he proves himself to be more reliable.

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

While helping someone on another site tonight, I delved into the Cardinals' box score a little, and was mildly surprised to see that AJ Green was the 2nd-most targeted receiver on the team--but he only caught 2 of his 6 targets.  Kirk and Moore were tied with 5 targets each, but Moore caught 4 of his 5 and Kirk all 5 of his 5...including 2 TDs.  So that was probly Green's shot.  I would expect his target share to go down to more like 2-3 going forward, with everyone else gaining one--at least until he proves himself to be more reliable.

I am giving him one more week