Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

Skibum - Axe Elf bet

3 hours ago, polecatt said:

And both are better than an old, washed up Cam Newton

They were still better with Bridgewater, Darnold was a bad move.  

19 hours ago, justforbeer said:

Wait a second.

Just because there was no injury clause in your bet, To even think that the choice of Robbie Anderson was a good one is the more obvious issue here.

Not only did you preach about how great the guy was and how great he was going to do and he was the steal of the draft essentially, he ended up being one of the biggest busts of the year. It wasn’t just quarterback play, Anderson may have the most drops of any wide receiver this year. He was horrible!  He currently leads the league with seven, and I feel like there were more than that.  You need to own that, or nobody will respect you here.

If somehow Anderson outscores Antonio Brown because AB only played six games, well That may be the epitome of your character in this forum as you consider it a “win”.

I think the biggest issue here with him is that he plays in mostly Best Ball leagues.  It's easy to say that you should spend a pick on Uzomah when he's your 3rd TE in a 20+ round draft where he's a shot in the dark because you're only looking for a lottery ticket in a couple times... it's another thing to draft him as a backup in a 16 round re-draft league where you would actually have to start him.  For the most part, in that respect, anything he says only holds value to people who play in Best Ball leagues.

there is no doubt that the way you draft for best ball leagues is different from the way you draft for a standard league.

drafting for best ball is a different skillset with different risk/reward profiles for the players.

that player who blows up for 3-4 games a year and has 8 duds is a far more valuable commodity in a best ball league because the 8 duds dont matter most of the time.  So you draft players a lot more for their upside in this format.

Plus no management. 

Four weeks to go and we have a new ballgame...

Robby Anderson 97.5 PPR points (WR56)

Antonio Brown 95.4 PPR points (WR58)

On 12/13/2021 at 12:28 PM, AxeElf said:

Four weeks to go and we have a new ballgame...

Robby Anderson 97.5 PPR points (WR56)

Antonio Brown 95.4 PPR points (WR58)

:wall:

well, with AB out until week 16 the odds are good that the Elf is winning this bet. 

the lesson learned here.... when dealing with a headcase like AB, dont discount the odd of getting suspended again which, with him, were quite considerable.

9 hours ago, Ray_T said:

well, with AB out until week 16 the odds are good that the Elf is winning this bet. 

the lesson learned here.... when dealing with a headcase like AB, dont discount the odd of getting suspended again which, with him, were quite considerable.

I'd still rather have Brown.  If I drafted Brown, in the first 6 weeks, I scored 95 points.  It means I had a legit #1 fantasy WR for 4 games.  If I had Anderson, I'd have never had him in my lineup and he produced.  In W1 vs the Jets, he got 13 points and probably didn't start him.  He failed to get at least 10 points in each of the next 4 weeks, which means he was benched and never got into a lineup again because after getting those 10.1 points in Week 6, he failed to get 5 points in each of the next 3, so he was on the bench when get 13 in Week 10.  After following that up with an 8 and 2 point performance, he would have been on the bench last week.

If Brown comes back on Dec 26th - Week 15 - he'll be slotted in everyone's starting lineup that week.  Anderson won't be.  Yeah, I'll take Brown. 

23 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'd still rather have Brown.  If I drafted Brown, in the first 6 weeks, I scored 95 points.  It means I had a legit #1 fantasy WR for 4 games.  If I had Anderson, I'd have never had him in my lineup and he produced.  In W1 vs the Jets, he got 13 points and probably didn't start him.  He failed to get at least 10 points in each of the next 4 weeks, which means he was benched and never got into a lineup again because after getting those 10.1 points in Week 6, he failed to get 5 points in each of the next 3, so he was on the bench when get 13 in Week 10.  After following that up with an 8 and 2 point performance, he would have been on the bench last week.

If Brown comes back on Dec 26th - Week 15 - he'll be slotted in everyone's starting lineup that week.  Anderson won't be.  Yeah, I'll take Brown. 

The team is going to keep him? I ask cause he’s still on one of my teams.  

34 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

As a weekly player I’d definitely take Brown. For overall points ROS bet? Closer 

I have Brown on both of my playoff teams, one with a BYE week. Downside I also have Gronk on both and Evans on one. 

43 minutes ago, weepaws said:

The team is going to keep him? I ask cause he’s still on one of my teams.  

If they weren't, they'd have released him by now.  He helps them win.  He'll be ready/back for the playoffs which would really increase their odds of repeating.  They're not stupid.  They know the upside of having him on the field.  They'll just not bring him back next year.

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

this wasnt a comment on who was the better player.  this was a comment on the risks associated with having Brown on your fantasy roster (or betting on him to outpoint whoever)

I think it is obvious who the better player is.  Axe Elf is winning the bet because Brown missed time and then got suspended.

in terms of points per game Brown is far better.

But that was not the bet. 

52 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

this wasnt a comment on who was the better player.  this was a comment on the risks associated with having Brown on your fantasy roster (or betting on him to outpoint whoever)

I think it is obvious who the better player is.  Axe Elf is winning the bet because Brown missed time and then got suspended.

in terms of points per game Brown is far better.

But that was not the bet. 

The better risk was Brown on your fantasy team.  His ADP was one round later than Anderson's.  It's not even debatable.  If you spent an 8th round pick on Brown, you are substantially better off than if you spend a 7th on Anderson because you most likely never started Anderson and got value on the return... and probably even cut him.  If you drafted Brown, you got value in 4 out of 5 weeks and you most likely still have him on your roster.

On ESPN, Brown is rostered in 68% of fantasy leagues, Anderson only 44%.  On Yahoo, Brown is rostered 63% of their leagues and 36% for Anderson.  On MFL, Brown is rostered in 81% of the their leagues and 63% for Anderson.  Even at this point in time, if both were on the waiver wire and you had the first choice, which one are you taking?  Is anyone going to take Anderson?

Value, risk, ceiling, etc... everyone of those favors Brown.

Unless Brown doesn’t return. 

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The better risk was Brown on your fantasy team.  His ADP was one round later than Anderson's.  It's not even debatable.  If you spent an 8th round pick on Brown, you are substantially better off than if you spend a 7th on Anderson because you most likely never started Anderson and got value on the return... and probably even cut him.  If you drafted Brown, you got value in 4 out of 5 weeks and you most likely still have him on your roster.

On ESPN, Brown is rostered in 68% of fantasy leagues, Anderson only 44%.  On Yahoo, Brown is rostered 63% of their leagues and 36% for Anderson.  On MFL, Brown is rostered in 81% of the their leagues and 63% for Anderson.  Even at this point in time, if both were on the waiver wire and you had the first choice, which one are you taking?  Is anyone going to take Anderson?

Value, risk, ceiling, etc... everyone of those favors Brown.

anderson is only the better choice when Brown isnt playing.

currently that is the case.

but that isnt a talent issue.  that's an injury/suspension/being an idiot off the field issue.

On the field Brown is as good as anyone.  I do not think that has ever been in dispute.   Problem is teams dont wanna deal with all the off field nonsense that comes with having Brown on your roster.

2 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

anderson is only the better choice when Brown isnt playing.

Problem is teams dont wanna deal with all the off field nonsense that comes with having Brown on your roster.

The numbers don't back that up.  People aren't starting Anderson, so he isn't helping your team.  Brown has been out since Week 7, yet, as I showed you... and you can go to those websites and look for yourself, that more people are rostering Brown than Anderson, even with all of the off the field nonsense.

31 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The numbers don't back that up.  People aren't starting Anderson, so he isn't helping your team.  Brown has been out since Week 7, yet, as I showed you... and you can go to those websites and look for yourself, that more people are rostering Brown than Anderson, even with all of the off the field nonsense.

sorry to clarify, I was talking about NFL teams.

for my fantasy team If Brown had dropped to a place where I felt the risks and rewards were balanced I would have taken him.   As it was, someone took him early in my league so it wasnt an option.

even if he performs for 6 weeks, thats still 6 weeks more than a bum getting 5 or 6 points a week.   At 5 -6 points a week, you are not being rostered a whole lot.

I am saying is the off field issues and suspension are the reason Axe Elf is winning his bet.    and If taking him I would have planned on him missing time due to suspension or some other nonsense.  Thats why he wasnt a top pick.   Based on Talent, hes as good as anyone.   but Talent doesnt mean anything if you are not on the field.

in this case the bet was on total fantasy points for the year.

Time missed has made a difference here.

13 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I am saying is the off field issues and suspension are the reason Axe Elf is winning his bet.    and If taking him I would have planned on him missing time due to suspension or some other nonsense.  Thats why he wasnt a top pick.   Based on Talent, hes as good as anyone.   but Talent doesnt mean anything if you are not on the field.

Right, yes, that's why he's winning the bet.  I was just saying that win or lose, at the draft - in Round 7/8 when people are taking their 3rd or 4th WR's, the right side was Brown and nothing has changed that because it's still Brown now.  There isn't a single person in fantasy football who is happy with the results of drafting Anderson.  Everyone who drafted Brown was happy with the results he yielded.

3 weeks to go and Robby is up 106.7 - 95.4 with Brown about to be cut for committing the felony of a fake immunization card, when he suddenly becomes the only healthy skill player the Bucs have left.  What are you telling me here, God?

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

3 weeks to go and Robby is up 106.7 - 95.4 with Brown about to be cut for committing the felony of a fake immunization card, when he suddenly becomes the only healthy skill player the Bucs have left.  What are you telling me here, God?

if brown was to be cut, it now wont happen until end of season.  thats the only difference from what i can see.

up to this point I dont think the bucs have said what their plans were.

and honestly if cutting someone, you generally dont tell them until you are about to do it.

personally I suspected all along they would keep him until end of season regardless.   they have been able to keep his off field distractions minimized.   The vaccination card was stupid.  no question about it.  but I dont know that its enough to bet booted from the team when hes been productive as he has been.

8 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I dont know that its enough to bet booted from the team when hes been productive as he has been.

Well, he did commit a felony, but what's a few felonies among Super Bowl Champions?  It's not like a girl and her dog burned to death because of it...

I think it gives other felons hope of one day being paid millions of dollars to do crimes, rather than having to suffer the consequences of them.

To be fair, the bucs aren't paying him to commit crimes.  That's just his side gig.

24 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

if brown was to be cut, it now wont happen until end of season.  thats the only difference from what i can see.

up to this point I dont think the bucs have said what their plans were.

and honestly if cutting someone, you generally dont tell them until you are about to do it.

personally I suspected all along they would keep him until end of season regardless.   they have been able to keep his off field distractions minimized.   The vaccination card was stupid.  no question about it.  but I dont know that its enough to bet booted from the team when hes been productive as he has been.

Everyone knew going in that as long as the Bucs could use him/are winning with him, he wasn't going anywhere.  This the case with every player/team in the league.  As long as their no video of violence, the player stays put.  If there were no video of Kareem Hunt kicking that girl, he'd still be in KC.  Deshaun Watson is still in Houston.  It's the way the NFL is.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Everyone knew going in that as long as the Bucs could use him/are winning with him, he wasn't going anywhere.  This the case with every player/team in the league.  As long as their no video of violence, the player stays put.  If there were no video of Kareem Hunt kicking that girl, he'd still be in KC.  Deshaun Watson is still in Houston.  It's the way the NFL is.

There's probably security cam footage at the Bucs facility of Brown committing this particular felony--presenting a falsified immunization record.

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

There's probably security cam footage at the Bucs facility of Brown committing this particular felony--presenting a falsified immunization record.

The difference is that I don't think anyone in Tampa actually cares.

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Floridians are a special breed, they are likely celebrating his fake vaccine card instead of criticizing him. 

54 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Floridians are a special breed, they are likely celebrating his fake vaccine card instead of criticizing him. 

He's a hero of the people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

What are you talking about? Half of Florida are people over the age of 70. They aren’t celebrating anything…

6 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Tampa wont turn in evidence to get their own player suspended.    especially now that they need him.

On 12/20/2021 at 1:16 PM, Phil Simms 11 said:

Get real! Who in this forum didn’t have a fake ID to get beer or get into a bar?

I don’t think anybody’s celebrating or criticizing unless you have no life.

It’s a bunch of BS.  

Don’t act like you’re all high and mighty and better than somebody else, especially an entire state of people.

Sadly what the jester doesn’t realize, is that this bet and his continued focus on just trying to win tells a story.

Robbie Anderson was fools gold. He didn’t want him because cam newton was going to throw the ball so that’s just luck that it happened.

More importantly Antonio Brown was huge in the games he played. And as he comes in for the playoffs hopefully that will continue. Also, I will make it clear that I do not like Antonio Brown. I think he’s a punk, but he’s one hell of a football player.

Lastly,

If you wanted to receiver that would avg 40 yards a game throughout the season and end up with about 700 yards receiving, that’s not the guy I want! If you had a guy that played 8 games and the other 9 he was out but got a 900 yards receiving and 7 touchdowns, that’s the guy I want!

Also, that’s what we are looking for at the beginning of the season is someone that wins games for your team. Not mediocrity!

18 minutes ago, justforbeer said:

Sadly what the jester doesn’t realize, is that this bet and his continued focus on just trying to win tells a story.

Robbie Anderson was fools gold. He didn’t want him because cam newton was going to throw the ball so that’s just luck that it happened.

More importantly Antonio Brown was huge in the games he played. And as he comes in for the playoffs hopefully that will continue. Also, I will make it clear that I do not like Antonio Brown. I think he’s a punk, but he’s one hell of a football player.

Lastly,

If you wanted to receiver that would avg 40 yards a game throughout the season and end up with about 700 yards receiving, that’s not the guy I want! If you had a guy that played 8 games and the other 9 he was out but got a 900 yards receiving and 7 touchdowns, that’s the guy I want!

Also, that’s what we are looking for at the beginning of the season is someone that wins games for your team. Not mediocrity!

A bet is a bet. Who gets the 50 bucks is what matters, its going to come down the the final week of the season most likely.

AB is obviously the superior player but that's irrelevant in who is going to win the bet

DJ Moore is a game-time decision now...

If Robby gets 20 targets he could end up with 4 or more catches this weekend!

On 12/22/2021 at 10:55 AM, gtthom86 said:

This bet is a whirlwind and way more entertaining than it has any right to be

This is better than my fantasy, and Seahawks season.

We said just through Week 16, right?

After facing off head-to-head today, I believe Robby is up by exactly 2 points with exactly 2 weeks to go...

C'mon random Robby TD!

Maybe Tampa will be in a position to bench their studs in Week 18 (when they face Carolina again)...

38 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

After facing off head-to-head today, I believe Robby is up by exactly 2 points with exactly 2 weeks to go...

C'mon random Robby TD!

Maybe Tampa will be in a position to bench their studs in Week 18 (when they face Carolina again)...

Darnold back in is a kick in the shorts for Robbie... this bet is coming down to the wire!

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

C'mon random Robby TD!

Week 17 ie normal fantasy season, it is on the first page.