Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

Skibum - Axe Elf bet

10 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Terrible bet!!

I would take Robby Anderson Hands down!!

Well in that case it's a GOOD bet (if you're Axe Elf).

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Robbie Anderson is killing it tonight like he always does. 

I thought he took the moral high road by not taking advantage of Brown's illness just to win $50.

Now that they've lost M&M, though, they might be leaving Robby no choice but to go off for a few weeks.

11 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I thought he took the moral high road by not taking advantage of Brown's illness just to win $50.

Robbie doesn't wanna be fed... Robbie wants to hunt!

At the 1/4 mark we have:

Antonio Brown ranked at WR 54 with 39.7 fantasy points

Robby Anderson ranked WR 70 with 31.2 fantasy points

The situation is very ugly and it is still anyone's race, however with Gronk out that can only help.

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

The situation is very ugly

I think this sums it up nicely.  It's probly safe to say that neither player is meeting either participant's expectations for him.

I'm not sure what the Panthers were thinking when they signed Robby to a two-year contract extension on August 24 for almost $30 million, with more than $20 million guaranteed--and then gave him 11 targets through the first three games.  They don't seem to be interested in getting their money's worth out of him--but on the bright side, he did double his previous target total for the season in Week 4, so maybe things are looking up.

Darnold, though, remains a retard, so there's also hope that AB can stave off the crazy long enough to take home the prize for MTSkibum.

After week five.

AB- 20 catches, 325 yards, 3 TDs.  (69pts)

Callaway- 13 catches, 222 yards, 3 TD’s (51pts)

Myers- 32 catches, 302 yards, 0 TD (60pts)

AND Bringing in the rear.

Anderson- 12 catches, 179 yards, one TD (33pts)

2 hours ago, killerpopcorn said:

I think Axe was betting more on a mental breakdown from AB to take the jackpot.

No, Axe Elf was betting on the Panthers being a rational lot, and assuming that they wouldn't sign Anderson to a new $30M contract extension on August 24 if they were planning on only targeting him twice per game.

Turns out Axe Elf overestimated their capacity for rational thought, but then, Axe Elf has never been held responsible for coaching/administrative bumbles that affect player performance.  Axe Elf always assumes full competence from professional teams in making player projections.

But yeah, it's starting to look like an AB crazy episode is going to be the only way to overcome the Panthers' crazy Anderson management.

AB is tearing it up….. I would definitely move up Skibum on knowledge.

Nice pick this year.  Props.

The other guy, well chalk up another poor prediction. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, justforbeer said:

AB is tearing it up….. I would definitely move up Skibum on knowledge.

Nice pick this year.  Props.

The other guy, well chalk up another poor prediction. 

Poor prediction along with bullsh!t excuses 

I don't think the bet was all that outrageous at the time.  If you take Brown's 8 game performance and pro rate that to 17 games, you're looking at a 95 / 1026 / 9 season for Brown.  That's in-line with Anderson's 95 / 1096 / 3 season last year.  Brown is currently on pace for a 93 / 1338 / 13 season.  I don't see that happening, but I can see 97 / 1150 / 9.  It's clear now that Anderson won't sniff that.

I'm pretty surprised myself at Anderson's output.  Last year he had 136 targets and right now, he's on pace for only 98.  I don't know why they're not throwing to him.  Last year he averaged 1.64 fantasy points per target and this year it's at 1.24, so even when he's getting targets, he's 25% less effective.  It's clear that Darnold favors Moore, but I'm not sure why it's that vastly different.  Last year, Moore averaged 7.9 targets per game and this year he's at 10, a 21% increase.  His points per target is up from 1.77 to 1.94.  It's odd because you'd think that Bridewater and Moore would connect better than that Darnold and Moore... conversely, you'd think that Darnold and Anderson would connect better than Darnold and Moore.

Elf should see if Skibum would take a buy out, because his only hope of winning this bet, is a Brown injury.

Not surprised at all about Anderson’s output, you can find that on my preseason posts.  

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Brown is currently on pace for a 93 / 1338 / 13 season.

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Elf should see if Skibum would take a buy out, because his only hope of winning this bet, is a Brown injury.

As you pointed out, Brown is currently having a monster season--your projection would make him top five-ish; he could end up top tennish, anyway.  And if he ends up anywhere in the top 15, he's going to end up better than I had projected Anderson anyway--I had him as a top 20ish finisher.

So if Brown continues to kill it, I'm happy to pay off the full bet because I wouldn't have won it even if I was right about Anderson.

And besides, there's still ten weeks of potential crazy to go...

Robby Anderson will be man to man against the worst corner in the NFL this week. 

It he doesn't do anything this week I will have this wrapped up.

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

It he doesn't do anything this week I will have this wrapped up.

I'm probly gonna hafta start him in a few leagues due to byes and Golladay being hurt, so it would be a good time to catch up a little.

On 10/15/2021 at 6:41 PM, AxeElf said:

I'm probly gonna hafta start him in a few leagues due to byes and Golladay being hurt, so it would be a good time to catch up a little.

Ouch

Now that AB is out for a significant time, Robby has a shot at this thing.