gocolts

Message from Gocolts' Son

GD it. No kid should ever have to post like this. 

FotherMuck. 

Damn kid. Your dad was genuine. These days, thats God damn near everything. 

So damn Sorry. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Damn. I might have to identify as a woman if there are anymore posts like this tonight. 😥

Yeah, it must be really dusty in my house today. My eyes keep watering.

This focked up bunch of misfits is family, and we lost a brother today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

This focked up bunch of misfits is family, and we lost a brother today.

That's it. That's everything. 

Dammit.

Yeah this sucks. Bigly. Like said many many times before - but it needs to be repeated. You were his everything. So sorry it ended the way that it did but be proud of yourself and your father.

RIP

• Like 3

You're a standup kid, you know that, GoColtsSon? 

Us Geeks Would be the last damn people on my mind if I were you. But you were gracious and eloquent, level headed  & thoughtful among so many other things in your post. 

I thought I was good with the werds. But damned if you ain't  Doc Holliday in a world of Johnny Ringoes. 

Your Dad would see that as the ultimate compliment. You should too.

I'd say your Dad would be freaking proud of you. But the way he  posted, he clearly  already was. He saw more in you than you know. 

But the way you posted? Your Dad's not alone in the number of people proud of you.

You let us know what you need, ya hear?

Individually? We suck. Collectively, we got you.

Take time to grieve.

Don't be guilty if you don't immediately.

Then learn. 

And know that you are the very best thing that your Dad did in his entire life.

You are a walking, living, breathing, laughing, crying, manifestation of the very best of your father. No one can take that from you.

We don't agree on much around here. It's kind of our thing.  But to a man, We're GD proud of you. 

Know That. 

• Thanks 3

So sorry for your loss.  Your father was a good guy.  Thank you for letting us know.  It sounds like you are on a good path in life and I know he was very proud of you.  Thoughts and prayers for you at this difficult time.

• Like 1

Damn.  Sorry to hear this.  Your dad was a great guy and spoke highly of you constantly.  I'd hoped he'd find his way back to posting again.  Good luck with everything.  Sounds like you've got a pretty good support system but we're here if you need us. 

35 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Sorry for your loss. Devastating.

One word of advice on the financial side of things. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders, but the $ amounts your talking about from the sale of the property and personal affects can go quickly. I hope you have a good/stable job and don’t need to use the money. Let it sit and grow if you can.

I do have a job at the moment, though at present it's not enough for my bills alone. I've been reliant on my dad to help cover the remaining costs - which of course he can't do anymore.

It'll be going into an account and set up in such a way where I'll likely be able to pull in well in excess of what I need per month, while it still continues to build over time. So it'll be just fine in the end.

And yeah - I know firsthand how quickly that stuff can go. When grandpa passed, we went through the 100k left behind within just 3 years. All of that money - gone. I've learned and seen firsthand what happens when large sums of money are handled poorly - and I won't make the same mistake twice.

55 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

So not to be all, “look at me!”, but...

Years ago, I was in a dark place. Frankly, I was considering ending it myself.

Gary was one of numerous folks here who reached out. We actually spoke on the phone a time or two.

He was a damn fine man. Wish I had known what was going on and done the same for him. 

It's a good thing you're out of that place. I'm glad dad was able to help out in that regard and that you're still here with us.

47 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

My Dad passed sort of like yours,  I was only 6, but his self-inflected demons got the best of him.   Anything he owned, got, saved...they were taken, given away or thrown away by other people.  When I turned 16, his mother, my Grandmother gave me a gold chain necklace that was his, he was had it when he died.  It's the only thing that was his that I have,  it connects me to my father...my 2 cents, find something that was personal to him, and keep that for yourself. To everyone else, it's just a necklace, but to me it's a part of what made me, me.

Cherish that necklace.

Dang that sucks, so sorry for your loss. Gary was a good soul and like many others said, always spoke very highly of you and loved you so much. Was terrible at fantasy football though. 

17 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

You're a standup kid, you know that, GoColtsSon? 

Us Geeks Would be the last damn people on my mind if I were you. But you were gracious and eloquent, level headed  & thoughtful among so many other things in your post. 

I thought I was good with the werds. But damned if you ain't  Doc Holliday in a world of Johnny Ringoes. 

Your Dad would see that as the ultimate compliment. You should too.

I'd say your Dad would be freaking proud of you. But the way he  posted, he clearly  already was. He saw more in you than you know. 

But the way you posted? Your Dad's not alone in the number of people proud of you.

You let us know what you need, ya hear?

Individually? We suck. Collectively, we got you.

Take time to grieve.

Don't be guilty if you don't immediately.

Then learn. 

And know that you are the very best thing that your Dad did in his entire life.

You are a walking, living, breathing, laughing, crying, manifestation of the very best of your father. No one can take that from you.

We don't agree on much around here. It's kind of our thing.  But to a man, We're GD proud of you. 

Know That. 

You managed to put a smile on my face in this whole ordeal. I appreciate this a lot. It really does mean a lot. Thank you.

• Like 1

So sorry to hear.  Thought about him the other day with the new season coming up.  We played a handful of years in a Geek Club league.  He was fun to play against and have around here.  Thank you for sharing with us.  Best of luck with everything.

Man so sorry.  I sent him a couple fossils one year that he used as gifts.  We messaged back and forth for awhile and like a lot of others here I missed him over the last few years.  I always hoped he would be back.  So sorry for for your loss.

:( RIP Gary. My condolences to haloman and the rest of his family. 

For years, Gary had been one of the most active and chereished members of this place. He'd been in many FF leagues with me. He'd not been here for a while and I'd hoped he would find his way back and resume posting here, but I see that wil do good holdig out hope for that to happen anymore. Gary is the same age as I am and since he could never seem to get any traction in life, he had always been at top of the list of people that I felt would do well getting a fresh start in life by moving overeseas and doing what TBBOM and I are doing. While, I'd floated the idea past him on  two or three occasions over the years, frankly, he had never demonstrtated any interest. It seems he never did turn the corner in life, sadly.

As others have said, haloman he spoke of you often and with great pride. Again, my condolences and best wishes. Thank you for taking the time to think of us and to bring this to our attention.

He lived a full life.

I have a male cousin and close relative.  His dad died to an allergic reaction when he was 2.  Everyone loved his dad but he never knew him.  The kid grows up to be extremely handsome, tall, and a sweet kid.  2 weeks ago, he was joyriding on a motorcycle and crashed.  He is now a paraplegic at age 21.  Needs a feeding tube.  

gocolts lived to old age, had a family, a son, and thats something my cousin will never have. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Ah shiot.

A few years back I sent your dad a FFToday T-shirt.  Keep that focker to remember us by.

RIP Gary

54 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

He lived a full life.

I have a male cousin and close relative.  His dad died to an allergic reaction when he was 2.  Everyone loved his dad but he never knew him.  The kid grows up to be extremely handsome, tall, and a sweet kid.  2 weeks ago, he was joyriding on a motorcycle and crashed.  He is now a paraplegic at age 21.  Needs a feeding tube.  

gocolts lived to old age, had a family, a son, and thats something my cousin will never have. 

Consolation about your cousin, his life is permanently upside down now.

Gary didn't live to old age though, he was fifty.

Sorry for your loss and thank you for the post as he was a staple here for a good while.

May he rest in some peace

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

Consolation about your cousin, his life is permanently upside down now.

Gary didn't live to old age though, he was fifty.

Thanks for taking the high road Volty. I was about to say some ban worthy stuff. 

Do you at least get to keep his wheelchair?

I knew of gocolts but didn't really interact with him that much.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

12 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

This.  

You reply to this and not golf? :mad:

1 minute ago, posty said:

Man, what awful news to hear on Friday...

RIP gocolts...

Would it have been better on a Monday?

I'm so sorry to read this, thoughts and prayers to you and the rest of your family.

Gocolts was a true Geek and will be missed

13 minutes ago, edjr said:

Honestly, if I was going to hear bad news like this, I would rather have had it on a Monday...

Either way, awful news...

4 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

He lived a full life.

Sorry to hear about your cousin, but this is an odd comment to make here.  

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, posty said:

Honestly, if I was going to hear bad news like this, I would rather have had it on a Monday...

Either way, awful news...

I don't understand this at all.  

When does the gofundme start?

50 minutes ago, edjr said:

Yes because then I could have said "Sounds like GoColts has a case of the Mondays." 

• Haha 2

He was one of my favorite posters.  Good soul.

I nominated him for GOTY 4-5 years ago or so.  This probably could've been avoided if he won that year.

Seriously, though.  Sorry for your loss.

😥

Maybe someone already asked... if so I didn't see it?

How old are you, haloman?

Wait till you guys find out it was gocolts who made this thread.

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Wait till you guys find out it was gocolts who made this thread.

Someone said that his facebook page has stuff on it from others, indicating that he has indeed passed.

14 hours ago, gocolts said:

It's a common thing for people to retire, do a whole bunch of nothing, and passing away shortly after as a result.

I  see this time and time again. 

44 minutes ago, edjr said:

When does the gofundme start?

There won't be one, but I posted my paypal email in an earlier reply if you insist on helping financially.

15 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

😥

Maybe someone already asked... if so I didn't see it?

How old are you, haloman?

I just turned 22 less than a month ago.