Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

I am starting to think, drafting Melvin Gordon in the late 7th round.. might be a good pick

I think the Gmen have a slow def.  

NY was supposed to be a better defense this year.  

Were they bad, or was the other team that good?  Thats always the question you need to ask.

either way, Melvin (Flash) Gordon looked pretty good from what I saw. (which admittedly was only a few plays).    I know. Small sample size, but clearly hes not washed up yet.

From what I read, it was a 50/50:split with J Williams, that’s a tough one to trust every week. 

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

From what I read, it was a 50/50:split with J Williams, that’s a tough one to trust every week. 

Gordon had 11 carries, Williams had 14, so pretty close

6 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Did anyone start him?

He found the starting lineup in two of my best ball leagues.

He did start in a flex slot in two of my three leagues.  

And he made the Gmen def look slow.  

12 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Did anyone start him?

Of course I did, I got an RB2 for the price of a flex so it was an easy start. Only alternatives were dart throw WR3s.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Of course I did, I got an RB2 for the price of a flex so it was an easy start. Only alternatives were dart throw WR3s.

congrats.

On 9/13/2021 at 1:08 AM, weepaws said:

yeah but he  outperformed  him.   to me,  that  likely  means  more  work  next week.

Maybe  a  60-40 split?

I don’t think so, J Williams had 3 more rush att then Gordon. Gordon had a big td run, both of them were avg 3.1 yards per rush before that big run by Gordon, don’t think either one was doing that much.  

But I would be surprised if Gordon wasn’t the 1a and the rookie the 1b, but I think it’s still a 50/50. 

On 9/12/2021 at 6:10 PM, AxeElf said:

He looked pretty fast on that one...

44 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Not a plodder.

Axe Elf trusts his football eyes.

I drafted both Melvin Gordon and Javonte Williams for a flex spot that I started Corey Davis in.  Same decision this week, same choice.  I'm happy with the Denver RBs efforts though, especially Melvin Gordon.

• Like 1

He looked like a young gazelle on that long run. Absolutely faster than anything he did last season. Maybe he just wasn’t fully healthy last season. 

I think he’s still is lacking in acceleration/burst. But the top end speed is certainly there.

I’m impressed.

21 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Maybe he just wasn’t fully healthy last season.

Like I said, I think the DUI just caused him to get clean and sober and rededicate a little.  He really is better this season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Like I said, I think the DUI just caused him to get clean and sober and rededicate a little.  He really is better this season.

I’m still gonna reserve judgement because that ended up being his final carry of the game. Up to that point he had 10 carries for 31 yards. 

Amazing how 1 carry could make me eat so much crow lol

7 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Amazing how 1 carry could make me eat so much crow lol

It would have been ok if he had just broken a 70 yard TD.  But the crow was served because he was the fastest ball-carrier of the week doing it.  lol

Of course, part of that has to do with there being very few other really long runs in Week 1, so there weren't a lot of RBs that got up to top speed on Sunday--but still.

This week will be very telling on his range of outcomes. I’d love to see a plunge td with some receptions. We know it’s a likely 50/50 split. Ideally I would love to see that snake Javonte get banged up a bit. 

On 9/15/2021 at 8:40 PM, Gepetto said:

I drafted both Melvin Gordon and Javonte Williams for a flex spot that I started Corey Davis in.  Same decision this week, same choice.  I'm happy with the Denver RBs efforts though, especially Melvin Gordon.

I think I'm going to give Melvin Gordon the start this week after thinking about it.

What love to see a player get banged up, how sad of a statement is that imo.  

Have him on two teams and have been using him as Flex much of the season, great returns for a late 6th round pick. 

For the team not on a BYE I keep moving him in and out of the lineup. Flex I have Renfrow in now, especially with his recent play and Waller out. For RB 2 I have James Robinson in due to matchup and Hyde looks to be out. Falling in behind those options is Chase Edmonds facing the Lions with Conner possibly out. For me it will come down to Robinson/Gordon, Renfrow stays at flex and Edmonds sticks to the bench.