Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

***2021 Ryder Cup***

We are few weeks away from the best event in all of sports not named Saturday Night's Main Event. Found this on YouTube - all televised shots by Reed and Rory in their classic 2016 battle. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

We are few weeks away from the best event in all of sports not named Saturday Night's Main Event. Found this on YouTube - all televised shots by Reed and Rory in their classic 2016 battle

I know there were some epic battles back in the day, but Reed flat out stepped the fuk up that day.  Rory hit some great putts to answer too. Unbelievable golf all around.

is there any way we can do some type of draft for this?

12 minutes ago, edjr said:

is there any way we can do some type of draft for this?

I found some stuff online but the scoring wasn’t very simple. I will see if I can find the link again and see what you think. 

Can't wait for this. Whistling Straits is my favorite US course outside of Augusta.

49 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I found some stuff online but the scoring wasn’t very simple. I will see if I can find the link again and see what you think. 

Maybe just draft dudes and go by how many points they win?

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Maybe just draft dudes and go by how many points they win?

Going with that but if a player/team wins 4&3 it’s 4 points or minus 4 if on the losing end in that scenario. 

54 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Going with that but if a player/team wins 4&3 it’s 4 points or minus 4 if on the losing end in that scenario. 

No.

Player A/B  beat Player C/B

Player A/B get 1 point each

Halve, they all get .5

One thing we need to figure out is how many players we will have. 8 of us means only 3 golfers each. Might need to run multiple pools.

I am also still taking a look at possible game formats. Will post some links later this evening. 

1 minute ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Ill play anything...hows it gonna work?

Ed has the point system worked out. I think we just need to know who is in at this point. With 24 golfers total, we need exactly 6 or 8 of us to play. 

57 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

In

You need to be in for EdEx next year too. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

This guy makes a good point. I’m drafting all euros 

I’m in if you need a 6th or 8th. This was technically our first edex style event. Me Ed and Pat and I believe we had the scoring just as Ed laid out above. 

I was hoping we might do a tour championship 

23 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I’m in if you need a 6th or 8th. This was technically our first edex style event. Me Ed and Pat and I believe we had the scoring just as Ed laid out above. 

I was hoping we might do a tour championship 

:wub:

Best thing for USA would be Brooks out due to injury 

First Ryder Cup since 1993 without Tiger Woods or Phil Mickleson. 

Did the Euros get their sh1t set yet? I was watching their BMW tournament today and they had some semi-big names playing for position. Also for some reason, Billy Horschel was playing in it. 

9 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Did the Euros get their sh1t set yet? I was watching their BMW tournament today and they had some semi-big names playing for position. Also for some reason, Billy Horschel was playing in it. 

I jumped on Euros on Draft Kings at +200

Just now, Fireballer said:

The US is favored? I know it’s on our soil, but still. If I can find that deal I will be team Euro that week. 

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Bovada has the same deal. I’m in 

Not to mention this this thing is at Whistling Straights. That might as well be Scotland. 

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

Not to mention this this thing is at Whistling Straights. That might as well be Scotland. 

The only interesting story is Strick coaching in Wisc.  Everything else about the US team is uninspiring.

On 9/10/2021 at 7:25 PM, Fireballer said:

On 9/10/2021 at 7:28 PM, bostonlager said:

Bovada has the same deal. I’m in 

Euros are +225 on DK now.  Hmm...

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yep...dropped more today.  Just be aware of difference of "winner" and "lift the trophy".  To win, Euro has to get 14.5 not just 14 to retain the cup

16 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Yep...dropped more today.  Just be aware of difference of "winner" and "lift the trophy".  To win, Euro has to get 14.5 not just 14 to retain the cup

Thanks, good point.  "lift the trophy" is only +145.  :thumbsup: 

52 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I saw they were getting a better price. Puts me a in a dilemma. 

1. acknowledge we are on the wrong side of the number and let it ride? 

2. Double down at the better price b/c we all know the Euros take this more seriously?

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

I saw they were getting a better price. Puts me a in a dilemma. 

1. acknowledge we are on the wrong side of the number and let it ride? 

2. Double down at the better price b/c we all know the Euros take this more seriously?

What do you think? @Fireballer

also- can we confirm you will be in EdEx next year?

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

What do you think? @Fireballer

also- can we confirm you will be in EdEx next year?

Man, I don't know. I guess because it's still early,  were on the wrong side of sharp money?

I've watched alot of RC golf. Even though, we're always favored and have a OWGR advantage, we always play down.  The last good win we had, Euro was loaded with rookies that got destroyed and we had the Reed/Spieth duo born.  You really saw how non invested we were as  "team", when they split up Reed and Spieth in 2018.  That proved we're all just individuals that happen to fly the same flag every other September.

I just don't see the fire that its gonna take to win this. I mean, who's the leader here?  Strik?  Brooks? Jordan?  DJ? I think the only way we win is if Phil takes great ownership in his AC role and gets us fired up. Or, if Berger comes in and becomes a leader.  I don't think anyone will challenge him and he can be fiery.  We don't have a Rahm or Poulter without Reed.  I'm still rolling with Euro.  Fuk it.

And yes, I'll do Edex, just need rules and sign up.

14 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Man, I don't know. I guess because it's still early,  were on the wrong side of sharp money?

I've watched alot of RC golf. Even though, we're always favored and have a OWGR advantage, we always play down.  The last good win we had, Euro was loaded with rookies that got destroyed and we had the Reed/Spieth duo born.  You really saw how non invested we were as  "team", when they split up Reed and Spieth in 2018.  That proved we're all just individuals that happen to fly the same flag every other September.

I just don't see the fire that its gonna take to win this. I mean, who's the leader here?  Strik?  Brooks? Jordan?  DJ? I think the only way we win is if Phil takes great ownership in his AC role and gets us fired up. Or, if Berger comes in and becomes a leader.  I don't think anyone will challenge him and he can be fiery.  We don't have a Rahm or Poulter without Reed.  I'm still rolling with Euro.  Fuk it.

And yes, I'll do Edex, just need rules and sign up.

@KSB2424

please sign this man up for EdEx and sent him the Human Resources packet. 

So I assume there will be no edex event? Simple your golfers get 1 for a win and .5 for a halve. 

I like Whistling Straights.  I like links golf.

But why do we insist a lot of our US Opens and now Ryder Cup home courses be played on a links setup?  

Is there a reason for this?

Sign me up for Euros being value.  Don't want to bet against thr US in a Ryder Cup but I have to.  

12 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

So I assume there will be no edex event? Simple your golfers get 1 for a win and .5 for a halve. 

I am still in. Taking a look, it looks like you need to have 6 - 4 golfers each. Stretching it to 8 will likely leave some guys screwed, because some golfers get benched in the first two days and can't get any points. 

If 6 guys that want to play, I will sit out. If you need me, let me know.