Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

***2021 Ryder Cup***

16 hours ago, Fireballer said:

They were talking about this on PGA radio yesterday. BK was complaining about having to go to team meetings and being put in a bad positions in alternate shot because your partner hits a bad shot. If he stays on the team, I may triple down on my Euro bet. 

11 hours ago, Fireballer said:

This guy woulda brought some spark to the team.  Walkin them in baby!

I tried to find it again, but couldn’t. There is one of him doing that on an indoor simulator. 

Taylormade custom made RC drivers 

49 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I tried to find it again, but couldn’t. There is one of him doing that on an indoor simulator. 

Love this too...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Here we are...the week of.  Euros still +200 to win.  I can't help but wanna bet the house but Im in enough already.

I grabbed them again at +225 one day last week, but its back down to +200.

I can see it being close, but no way Euros should be a 2-1 dog. 

2 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I can see it being close, but no way Euros should be a 2-1 dog. 

I know. I think Harrington gets them up for this.  He's actually one of the most cerebral guys in golf.  I'm betting he's got a good strategy for this week.

Ryder Cup ‘envelope rule’: Why there’s a secret player only the captain knows

A rarely used Ryder Cup practice is invoking the “envelope rule,” which was created in the 1970s and put in place to make sure there’s a fair outcome if one player happens to be injured. This year, though, for obvious reasons, there’s also a Covid envelope rule.

But first, let’s back up. What’s the envelope rule? It was first put in place at the 1979 Ryder Cup at The Greenbrier. That was the first year the format changed to what it still is today: four foursomes matches and four fourballs matches on Day 1 and Day 2, and 12 singles matches on Day 3.

But what happens if a player gets injured and can’t continue? For foursomes and fourballs it’s rarely an issue, since four players sit per session and can jump in if necessary, but no one sits for singles. That’s where the envelope rule comes in handy. When captains submit their singles lineups come Sunday at Whistling Straits, they’ll also be asked to provide a sealed envelope with the name of one player who would have to withdraw if another golfer from the other team couldn’t play due to injury or illness, prior to the matches starting. That match would then be halved.

This year, though, due to Covid-19 protocols, the captains will also be asked to submit a second sealed envelope, this one with the names of three players, in order of substitution, who would have to sit out if a player from the other team tested positive for Covid-19 and had to withdraw. If a player from each side has to withdraw, they are treated as having been paired together in the same match, and the envelope would not be needed.

“The person that goes in the envelope, the captain decides, and nobody ever knows,” European captain Padraig Harrington said on Tuesday. “We hope that stays that way. But we’ve had a few injury pull-outs over the year, so it would be just very similar to that. No real difference in how it works.”

According to the captains’ agreement, if a player tests positive for Covid-19 prior to the Opening Ceremony on Thursday, that player will be replaced by either a captain’s pick or via the qualifying rankings. If a player tests positive for Covid-19, even during a match, he would be ineligible for the remainder of the match and Ryder Cup. That would give captains fewer players to choose from for team play and could likely, depending on numbers, invoke the Covid envelope rule for singles play. If multiple players test positive, either from one team or both, the situation would be assessed by both organizations to determine its impact on the remainder of the Ryder Cup.

The envelope rule has been used just three times, most recently in 1993, when Lanny Wadkins volunteered himself for the envelope at The Belfry. Wadkins sat out the final session when Sam Torrance couldn’t play with an injured foot.

Fatty Reed, Fatty Reed, Fatty Reed :banana: :banana: :banana: 

Seeing BDC and Brooks laughing on the range together reminded me of this. 

Europe team has chutzpah, American team has robots

27 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

US -215

Euro +240

😳😳😳

I can't imagine this is sharp money one day before the event.

Bovada at +210. 

My guess is USA square money trickling in as we get closer to kickoff. 

7 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Bovada at +210. 

Don't know if you saw it yesterday, but the Golf Channel was did a bit where they were saying that the US actually plays slightly better in the wind. I think it was done player for player.  They said they used www.nbcedge.com for the data.  They've actually talked a decent amount about betting too.  There's gotta be a bunch of $$$ coming in right now.

14 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Bovada at +210. 

Oh please.  U.S.A. motherfucker. 

8 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Don't know if you saw it yesterday, but the Golf Channel was did a bit where they were saying that the US actually plays slightly better in the wind. I think it was done player for player.  They said they used www.nbcedge.com for the data.  They've actually talked a decent amount about betting too.  There's gotta be a bunch of $$$ coming in right now.

I saw where that chick put those numbers on the screen. I still don't trust it. 

5 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Oh please.  U.S.A. motherfucker. 

USA could easily win this thing, but I see it as a coin flip. If you give me 2-1 on a coin flip, I'm going to take it every time. 

3 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

USA could easily win this thing, but I see it as a coin flip. If you give me 2-1 on a coin flip, I'm going to take it every time. 

Truth.

$50 side bet between us?  Most points wins.  Tie no blood. 👍🏻

13 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Also, the PGA of America should be fired. You have the choice for a home venue and you pick a links course? Why is this thing not being played in Florida, Arizona, or Carolinas that have courses in no way resembling what Euros play at home?

Just now, Alias Detective said:

Truth.

$50 side bet between us?  Most points wins.  Tie no blood. 👍🏻

I will side bets with you once EdEx starts for sure. I already have $250 tied up in this one. 

• Thanks 1

We get our first look at some pairings today. I have seen projections all over the spectrum so I have no clue what to expect outside of JT/JS and X/Cantlay

20 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Seeing BDC and Brooks laughing on the range together reminded me of this. 

Since their "feud" is as fake as pro wrestling this does seem appropriate.  

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Since their "feud" is as fake as pro wrestling this does seem appropriate.  

Both are real to me, dammmiiittt!!!

2 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Both are real to me, dammmiiittt!!!

At least BDC is trying to grow a mullet. Fock Koepka! :mad:

Just now, TimmySmith said:

At least BDC is trying to grow a mullet. Fock Koepka! :mad:

I do find it funny that the PGA comes up with this new pool of money this year that will handed out to the most popular players creating the most buzz and all of a sudden these two have a dispute. Fockers had this all planned out. 

Did you see Bryson's press conference two days ago? Said the two had something fun planned before the end of the year. I bet it is a Thanksgiving Friday pay per view match with a couple celebrities or other sport athletes. 

50 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I do find it funny that the PGA comes up with this new pool of money this year that will handed out to the most popular players creating the most buzz and all of a sudden these two have a dispute. Fockers had this all planned out. 

Did you see Bryson's press conference two days ago? Said the two had something fun planned before the end of the year. I bet it is a Thanksgiving Friday pay per view match with a couple celebrities or other sport athletes. 

Wood

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

Serendipity.  Unplanned perfection. And boy did they run with it.  Complete with a Bud light tie-in.  And the PGA loved every second. Everyone won. 

Brooks is definitely more of an insufferable doosh than Bryson.  This interview right now, and the stupid sh!t saying a fan tried to intentionally injure him in the PGA...he's takes the smugness to the next level.  

2 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Brooks is definitely more of an insufferable doosh than Bryson.  This interview right now, and the stupid sh!t saying a fan tried to intentionally injure him in the PGA...he's takes the smugness to the next level.  

yup.  I am team Deshamblow all the way

On 9/17/2021 at 8:37 PM, Fireballer said:

Love this too...

Yeah well anytime I try to walk up a putt all smooth I lip out 

Friday Morning Foursomes

1. John Rahm/Sergio Garcia vs Justin Thomas/Jordan Spieth

2. Paul Casey/Viktor Hovland vs Dustin Johnson/Collin Morikawa

3. Lee Westwood/Matt Fitzpatrick vs Brooks Koepka/Daniel Berger

4. Rory McIlroy/Ian Poulter vs Patrick Cantlay/Xander Schauffle 

3 out of 4 the US pairs play the same ball. 

JT/Speef - Titleist

DJ/Collin - Taylormade

Brooks/Berger - Titleist

X/Cantlay - Callaway - Titleist

2 of 4 Euros play the same ball. 

Rahm/Sergio - Callaway- Taylormade

Casey/Hov - Titleist

Westy/Fitz - Titleist 

Rory/Poults - Taylormade - Titleist.  

I didn't break down the ProV1 vs ProV1x or TP5 vs TP5x on these guys, but this could come into play. 

Should note - Rahm switched to Callaway this year and previously played a TM ball. He should be fine. 

7 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

On IG Phil responded to him - "Who is that handsome guy in the back? Didn't he win the PGA?"