Sign in to follow this  
jtztdm

David Montgomery or Gibson with pick #20

I play in a 12 man ppr league. A lot of rb's will go in the 1st and early 2nd rd. I did a mock tonight and I'm taking a guess that both Montgomery and Gibson should ( I Hope) be there at pick #20 in the 2nd rd. Which one would you rather have? I don't pick again to #29 and I am not sure what rb would be still available at that spot to draft.

If Gibson is there, you should take him

• Like 1

Gibson is the better draft value, but I'd be kind of surprised if he lasts to pick #20.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Gibson is the better draft value, but I'd be kind of surprised if he lasts to pick #20.

Agreed. Would be gone in all my leagues.

I would agree,  it’s going to be Montgomery, Gibson shouldn’t make it that far.  

Its unlikely Gibson makes it that far, but there is a chance. Take him if he does

I am also leaning Carson over Montgomery 

All the rankings say Gibson, but I'm not sure.

Not much of a catch passing back, especially with JD McKissic there. And 100 y.o. Fitzpatrick ain't the "upgrade" at QB being touted - threw a whopping 13 Tds in 9 games last year. I foresee a long season in Washington.  Gibson would have to have another magical rushing year to justify his ADP.

3 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Not much of a catch passing back, especially with JD McKissic there

He played WR as his primary position in college…

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

He played WR as his primary position in college…

Didn't catch much last year. Regardless I'm not a believer Fitzpatrick will consistently move that offense. Seems like Gibson is being drafted at his max ceiling. I'll be surprised if he gets double digit TDs again. So he'll have to make up for it in receptions and yards, which will be difficult if he doesn't match his 4.7 y/a.

It’s not going to matter, Gibson won’t be there at pick 20

15 hours ago, AxeElf said:

yeah, for the amount of hype Gibson has had, I'd be surprised if he fell to 20 too.

but it is possible.  I've seen stranger things happen.

So much disrespect for Monty.  The dude put on a show late last year.  They say he's slow but he busted for a 80 yard TD run last year.  He plays 3 downs and can run between the tackles.  Hard as hell to take down. Go with him.

My League is 16 teams...going on it's 17th year.  Got Montgomery at #34.  Considering it a steal.  Gibson went #14.

4 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

So much disrespect for Monty.  The dude put on a show late last year.  They say he's slow but he busted for a 80 yard TD run last year.  He plays 3 downs and can run between the tackles.  Hard as hell to take down. Go with him.

agreed. I watched a couple games, he looked really good.   Hes potentially an underrated player going into this draft year.

even with Dalton Starting, I still think hes better than what Chicago used last season at QB.   While that's not saying much, I do not anticipate a huge change in his numbers from last year to this year.   and if that late season breakout is the beginning of a new trend for him, he may be a good steal at his ADP.

Ill say this, with Tariq Cohen now on PUP out for the first 6 games at least, Monty becomes a little more interesting, although Damien Williams still lurks.

Montgomery is a rb 2 with a lot of rb1 upside.  

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

Ill say this, with Tariq Cohen now on PUP out for the first 6 games at least, Monty becomes a little more interesting, although Damien Williams still lurks.

Damien William took a year off of football and at age of 29 i can't see him finding his 2019 form. 

In 6 NFL pro season he's never rushed for more than 500 yards.   This isn't a 1a/1b scenario.  It's more 1a and 3b.

Agreed , D Williams isn’t a treat 

Thanks w 

Cohen starting season on the PUP. Montgomery is going rnd 4 in some leagues and I’m thinking that is stealing and he is being massively underrated.

Interesting quote today.

ESPN's Jeff Dickerson said David Montgomery will rush for 1,400 yards in 2021. 

Dickerson cited head coach Matt Nagy's pledge to give Montgomery 20 carries a game as justification for his prediction. "Montgomery is too good to ignore -- the Bears have to feed him," Dickerson said. "If the Bears once again become one-dimensional on offense, forget about it. There is too much at stake for that to happen." There's no way Montgomery -- who notched 16.3 carries a game in 2020 -- will see 20 totes a game, as only Dalvin Cook and Derrick Henry averaged more than 20 carries per game last year. The Bears would have to be a vastly improved team for Montgomery to challenge Cook and Henry as preeminent workhorses. Montgomery's upside lies in his pass-catching role, which is far from a sure thing headed into Week 1. 

I like Montgomery a lot this season n

Thanks w

Lots of meaningless predictions floating around from reporters this time of year. One said Hochenson will have 1.000 yards receiving. I guess they are interesting if one of them validates a player you drafted or have been pimping, but they mean less than nothing. Words are Wind...

Gibson was drafted 13th in my league, and I'm not too high on Montgomery or the bears. IMO I'd rather have Carson or James Robinson if they are available. 

I think Montgomery has a very good shot at improving on his avg per game this season.  

I f there's savvy  owners in your league then Gibson won't be there at #20. I seen Carson mentioned. I would like him over Montgomery but little concerned with him possibly missing games. Not so concerned with Monty missing games so he would be my pick if Gibson's gone. Dalton's arm isn't gonna scare anyone and Montgomery will face more 8 in the Box with Andy starting. Now, if Fields starts he'll eat into Montgomery's touches but Monty will still have the Lions share of carries. I think his production will be better with Fields as the starter.

11 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Wow! Did you guys see that 3 yard TD run by DM? Squared up and blew blew thru 3 defenders, one of them being Donald.  

Yeah. Dude looks great early on. 

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah. Dude looks great early on. 

there were a couple really nice plays on his part.  one where it looked like they had him in the backfield and he turned that into a 3 or 4 yard gain.  granted doesnt look like much, but when it looks like a loss it was a nice play just to get back to the Line of Scrimmage.

Like I said, his adp was stealing. I didn’t get him rnd 4 because I had to reach to secure Kyler, but I should have gotten Monty in rnd 3.

Fantastic game for Montgomery Vs that def.