bfros

Who should I drop?

I didn't draft a kicker and I can't get a 2 for 1 trade done to free up a spot and so I'll prob need to drop one of these guys to get a kicker before week 1. Who would you drop?

This is full point ppr league. 

Wilson, Lance
Montgomery, Carson, Henderson, Michel, Mostert, Gus Edwards, Harris, R.Jones
Adams, Hill, McLaurin
L.Thomas
SF DST
(with MThomas on inj reserve, so he's stashed for now)

(I'm leaning towards dropping either Michel or R.Jones. I like that Jones is starting and prob getting about 60% of the early down work, splitting with Fournette, on good offense, though Bernard will get most 3rd downs. But I like the upside of Michel, though we still don't know Michel's role, but with an injury or weak play by Henderson, Michel can emerge. And X.Jones was cut. I don't think the Rams have a designated 3rd down back).

Who would you drop?  

I would drop Qb number two. 

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I would drop Qb number two. 

really, why? I'm curious. 

((my own take for the sake of conversation-- I think Lance will take over there by mid-seaon at latest. He has massive upside as dual run/pass threat, big arm, lots of playmakers, great coach/system. There is no other Qb on the waivers even close to his upside. Hell, he may even be better than Wilson by mid-season, who knows. I just don't know if RJones has that kind of upside, and QB is very key position and he's my #2, whereas Jones is my #7 RB )) 

Thanks for the question. 

Im not a fan of rostering two qbs l so that’s more of a personal preference, also you can’t drop your only def or Te. 

Also your only three deep at wr, and they are very good WRs, good job. 

Plus I see potential in all your Rbs despite the fact you own many of them, which ever one you drop should be scooped up right away. 

Plus I wouldn’t have stashed M Thomas, I think that’s just a hot messy situation. 

But if your sold on keeping Lance, then one of the Rams Rbs would be the right move. Which one is hard for me to decide, I like Michel talent more. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Thanks for the question. 

Im not a fan of rostering two qbs l so that’s more of a personal preference, also you can’t drop your only def or Te. 

Also your only three deep at wr, and they are very good WRs, good job. 

Plus I see potential in all your Rbs despite the fact you own many of them, which ever one you drop should be scooped up right away. 

Plus I wouldn’t have stashed M Thomas, I think that’s just a hot messy situation. 

But if your sold on keeping Lance, then one of the Rams Rbs would be the right move. Which one is hard for me to decide, I like Michel talent more. 

Very helpful thanks. You saying “prob one of the Rams Rbs” tells me michel may be more valuable than Ronald Jones if I was deciding between those two. That’s what my gut tells me and why I’m leaning towards dropping Jones. 

I get the roster only 1 QB idea, but figure that plan may break down if you feel your #2 QB is potentially elite (that’s how I see Lance). Lance would get picked up just as fast as Jones or Michel in my league. 

Is that Najee Harris? If so cut Edwards or Michel. Michel has never established himself as a pass-catcher so he is looking like a goalline back unless Henderson gets hurt. If you can start 3 RBs, when would Edwards play?

Outlaws

2 hours ago, bobjay00 said:

Is that Najee Harris? If so cut Edwards or Michel. Michel has never established himself as a pass-catcher so he is looking like a goalline back unless Henderson gets hurt. If you can start 3 RBs, when would Edwards play?

Outlaws

It’s Damian Harris. 
I’m likely gonna cut Michel or Ronald Jones. 
I like Gus Edwards more than either those two. You would cut Gus Edwards before you cut Ronald Jones? Why? 

I din't have to read past the first line; having a 2nd QB who won't play this season is kind of a liability.  It would be nice if you could use him as a throw-in to sweeten a trade and free up his roster slot that way, but you said you're having no luck on the trade front.  But the reality is that Trey Lance played ONE season of college football--two years ago--and averaged 178 passing yards per game against FCS competition.  There is no way he will be ready and able to read and react to NFL defenses any time soon.

Having Henderson, it makes sense for you to hold on to Michel, especially with Xavier Jones needing Achilles surgery.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I din't have to read past the first line; having a 2nd QB who won't play this season is kind of a liability.  It would be nice if you could use him as a throw-in to sweeten a trade and free up his roster slot that way, but you said you're having no luck on the trade front.  But the reality is that Trey Lance played ONE season of college football--two years ago--and averaged 178 passing yards per game against FCS competition.  There is no way he will be ready and able to read and react to NFL defenses any time soon.

Having Henderson, it makes sense for you to hold on to Michel, especially with Xavier Jones needing Achilles surgery.

"won't play this season"? Hmmm..... I dunno. He looked as good or better in pre-season than Jimmy G.  I do appreciate the perspective, though. 

We shall see.  

10 minutes ago, bfros said:

"won't play this season"? Hmmm..... I dunno. He looked as good or better in pre-season than Jimmy G.

No he didn't.  He just had one highlight reel 80 yard TD pass or something like that.

In axual game action, he looked as lost and indecisive (and inaccurate) as you would expect from a guy who played ONE year of college football--TWO years ago--and averaged 178 passing yards per game against FCS competition.

It would take an injury for them to bench the QB who took them to the Super Bowl in favor of this greenhorn this season.

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

No he didn't.  He just had one highlight reel 80 yard TD pass or something like that.

In axual game action, he looked as lost and indecisive (and inaccurate) as you would expect from a guy who played ONE year of college football--TWO years ago--and averaged 178 passing yards per game against FCS competition.

It would take an injury for them to bench the QB who took them to the Super Bowl in favor of this greenhorn this season.

are there any SF beat writers or coaches saying this?  

3 minutes ago, bfros said:

are there any SF beat writers or coaches saying this?  

They probly would if they knew Axe Elf was saying it.

Here was my analysis when I first watched the 2nd preseason game (from the "Preseason Overreactions/Observations" thread):

Chris Simms breaks it down in more detail.  Honestly, I hadn't seen this clip before I responded to you before, but when I went looking...  Well, it pretty much gives specific photographic evidence of the deficiencies I've outlined.

8 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Here was my analysis when I first watched the 2nd preseason game (from the "Preseason Overreactions/Observations" thread):

Chris Simms breaks it down in more detail.  Honestly, I hadn't seen this clip before I responded to you before, but when I went looking...  Well, it pretty much gives specific photographic evidence of the deficiencies I've outlined.

thanks for finding this. appreciate it. I wasn't quite asking for dicussion about his pre-seasons deficiciences. We can all see those. He's very raw. I was just looking to see if people were saying he would not play this season unless Jimmy G gets hurt (that was your contention). I think if Jimmy G struggles or they aren't winning Lance will start. The pressure will be too great on Shanahan. It'll be too hard to not play your #3 first round pick. 

But anyway, be that as it may, you would still drop Lance if you had my roster. But if you held Lance, I think you said above that you would prefer to hold Michel over Ronald Jones, right? 

5 hours ago, bfros said:

But if you held Lance, I think you said above that you would prefer to hold Michel over Ronald Jones, right? 

I would NOT hold Lance.  He's clearly not ready yet.  I don't believe he will be ready this season.  If Garoppolo goes down, it will force their hand, but as long as it's a competition, I can't imagine Lance learning the game in under a year.

I woudn't hold Michel over Jones, but I would hold him over Lance due to you having Henderson.