Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Taco time. What did your league Taco do in your recent draft?

Our Taco is a legend of sorts. No reach too far, no sleeper in the 4th too wild. He’s played FF for decades yet still doesn’t grasp the concepts of value, scarcity etc. Of course thinks he’s a genius because he lucked his way into 2 titles over the years.

Anyway, this year he wasn’t quite as crazy. Started off from pick 9 and went Kelce, Mahomes then Kittle in the 3rd (1 te and a flex so at least he can start him.). He took Calloway rnd 7 over guys like AB and juju but that’s incredibly tame for him. We are actually pretty scared of his team this season. How did your Tacos fare in drafts?

Isn’t there a poster on the bored that goes by Taco Breath?

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

Our Taco is a legend of sorts. No reach too far, no sleeper in the 4th too wild. He’s played FF for decades yet still doesn’t grasp the concepts of value, scarcity etc. Of course thinks he’s a genius because he lucked his way into 2 titles over the years.

Anyway, this year he wasn’t quite as crazy. Started off from pick 9 and went Kelce, Mahomes then Kittle in the 3rd (1 te and a flex so at least he can start him.). He took Calloway rnd 7 over guys like AB and juju but that’s incredibly tame for him. We are actually pretty scared of his team this season. How did your Tacos fare in drafts?

Fortunately, we don't have anyone who does things like that.  Sure, people take high risk/high reward... and/or shots in the dark, but they come late in the draft.  Almost never do we see anything absurd like that (first 3 picks being 2 TE's and a QB).  Well, at least not since we started our league a few years ago.  I believe in the 2nd year (1999), of our league, one guy took Kyle Brady in the 2nd round, Adam Vinatieri in the 4th round, Jake Plummer in the 5th round, and the Jets defense in the 8th round.

I don't think our football league had anything too crazy when you factor in it's a 2 QB league. Our baseball league on the other hand...

We don't have any tacos in our leagues. John Kitna in the 2nd was the worst pick i have seen. This will be the first year we can't raz him about it since he moved out of state

Our close to Taco players is one of the better in season managers and has won one title. But does head scratching moves almost every year. Last year the dude drafted a kicker in round 10 and then round 11. Tucker and Butker I think. We all called him an idiot, but he was confident that he could trade a kicker.. dropped Butker week 3 or 4 😂.

2018 right after the draft he traded 2 higher pick per position for 2 lower. I think Diggs (4th) and Brady (8th) for Martavis Bryant (6th) and Mariotta (13th). The recipient of this trade ended up winning the title easily (They had Gurley).

We had a guy take Kirk Cousins in Round 5 then followed it up with Cole Beasley in Round 6... in a non-PPR league. He also happens to be a Chiefs homer and took Darrel Williams (Rd 13) Jerick McKinnon (Rd 15) and Demarcus Robinson (Rd 16).

9 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

We had a guy take Kirk Cousins in Round 5 then followed it up with Cole Beasley in Round 6... in a non-PPR league. He also happens to be a Chiefs homer and took Darrel Williams (Rd 13) Jerick McKinnon (Rd 15) and Demarcus Robinson (Rd 16).

Lemme guess, $1000 entry fee?

Seems like the entry fee is always inversely proportional to the talent level.

12 hours ago, Byrdman5 said:

Our close to Taco players is one of the better in season managers and has won one title. But does head scratching moves almost every year. Last year the dude drafted a kicker in round 10 and then round 11. Tucker and Butker I think. We all called him an idiot, but he was confident that he could trade a kicker.. dropped Butker week 3 or 4 😂.

2018 right after the draft he traded 2 higher pick per position for 2 lower. I think Diggs (4th) and Brady (8th) for Martavis Bryant (6th) and Mariotta (13th). The recipient of this trade ended up winning the title easily (They had Gurley).

Guys like this are a phenomena I have noticed in FF. They have played for many years but somehow don’t know and refuse to learn basic concepts or they cling to old faulty logic from like 2001 CBS articles. There’s no teaching them, correcting them, explaining to them, nothing. They keep the same ideas year after year and won’t adapt and somehow can’t se the fault in their logic. Really weird stuff.