Sign in to follow this  
jtztdm

Which one of the Bucs receivers has more value?

I would have to say Evans, although Godwin could have a better season any given time. I wouldn't want to draft either before the 3rd round

Brown I think is too old and out of it to put together a complete season anywhere close to what he did in Pitt. Although, for short bursts, he can produce big numbers.

Evans and Godwin are pretty interchangeable.  It will probly come down to whichever one catches the last TD will lead the other in fantasy points.

Brown, on the other hand, is a member of the Buccaneer OGs (Old Geriatrics), and probably won't be fantasy relevant.  Which is pretty funny, when you consider that I got someone to bet $50 on him against a top 20 WR.

lol

Give me brown every day of the week, he might be the second most talented wr of all time. 

Both Fitz and moss were still putting up 1200+ yards at that age. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Evans and Godwin are pretty interchangeable.  It will probly come down to whichever one catches the last TD will lead the other in fantasy points.

Brown, on the other hand, is a member of the Buccaneer OGs (Old Geriatrics), and probably won't be fantasy relevant.  Which is pretty funny, when you consider that I got someone to bet $50 on him against a top 20 WR.

lol

Easy money

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Easy money

It would be, if I required you to pay up.

Easy respect is enough for me.

• Confused 1

Evans: early 4th

Godwin: early 5th

Brown: early 7th

Brown might finish 1st and if he doesn't he won't be far behind. Look at last year. Monster ADP value.

17 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Look at last year.  Monster ADP value.

What's catching your eye there, the 483 yards, or the 4 TDs?  I mean, it was only 345 and 2 before the Week 17 game against Atlanta when TB receivers split 400 yards receiving, but we can't cherry pick--every game counts, right?

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

What's catching your eye there, the 483 yards, or the 4 TDs?  I mean, it was only 345 and 2 before the Week 17 game against Atlanta when TB was resting their starters, but we can't cherry pick--every game counts, right?

Brown walks off the street, learns offense, and from Week 9 on....

Evans: 63 targets

Godwin: 55 targets

Brown: 61 targets

Brown is still a talented WR and Brady loves throwing to him.  Given the draft capital of a 7th rounder, what's not to like?

9 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Given the draft capital of a 7th rounder, what's not to like?

The production.  It's more like a 12th rounder.

So he only played half the season.  Let's double that 345 and 2 and project him for 690 and 4.  690 and 4 on 122 targets doesn't sound very efficient to me. 

35 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

What's catching your eye there, the 483 yards, or the 4 TDs?  I mean, it was only 345 and 2 before the Week 17 game against Atlanta when TB receivers split 400 yards receiving, but we can't cherry pick--every game counts, right?

Now if it were 2 games …. :)

Great question OP, and thank you for posting it. 

AB.  

I think Godwin will be the best of this group, But I think AB has the most value for his ADP. Seeing him go late 8th round.

15 hours ago, jtztdm said:

With Evans,  Godwin and Brown---which one has the most value and what round are you drafting him?

If they stay healthy, all 3 will eclipse 1,000 yards this year.  I'm thinking it'll go something like this...

• Brown - 75 / 1025 / 6  (12.6 fpg)
  • Evans - 80 / 1250 / 11  (15.9 fpg)
  • Godwin - 90 / 1300 / 7  (15.4 fpg)

Based on last year's averages, that would put Brown at WR37. Evans at WR15 (was WR16 last year), and Godwin at WR18 (was WR15 last year).

Based on last year's point totals, that would put Brown at WR24, Evans at WR8, and Godwin at WR10.

So, what do you value more?  The #8 WR at the end of R3, the #10 WR at the beginning of R4, or the #24 WR in the middle of R7.

As said Evans and Godwin pretty much interchangeable although I'd prefer Evans. Seems like Brady had a tendency  to target him more than Godwin last year although Godwin had some injury issues last year. Brown will have a couple of good games but.I don't.care.to have the OG(old geriatric) on my team. Don't know ow if he's gonna explode and cause problems like he has in the past. Once he thinks he's comfortable he'll start pressing issues IMO. 

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So, what do you value more?  The #8 WR at the end of R3, the #10 WR at the beginning of R4, or the #24 WR in the middle of R7.

Hard to say.  I don't think I've drafted a WR lower than #20 yet, so Brown isn't really on my radar.  It would be pretty incredible if he finished among the top 25, though.

If I’m taking one Bucs WR I’d rather get Brown in the 8th or 9th round than Evans in the 3rd or Godwin in the 4th.

2 hours ago, DocNiner said:

As said Evans and Godwin pretty much interchangeable although I'd prefer Evans. Seems like Brady had a tendency  to target him more than Godwin last year although Godwin had some injury issues last year.

Godwin had 84 targets in 12 games, 7 per game.  Evans had 109 in 16 games, 6.8 per game.  But in the last 8 games, after Brown got there, Evans averaged 7.9 per game and Godwin averaged 6.9 per game.  Antonio Brown actually had 1 less target than Evans, but 45% of those targets came in 2 games.  His last game, he had 15 because they wanted Brown to hit his incentive clause for receptions.

In those last 8 games...

• Brown: 45 / 483 / 4
  • Evans: 40 / 633 / 6
  • Godwin: 40 / 561 / 5

On 9/1/2021 at 6:23 PM, GobbleDog said:

Evans: early 4th

Godwin: early 5th

Brown: early 7th

Brown might finish 1st and if he doesn't he won't be far behind. Look at last year. Monster ADP value.

I wouldnt expect him to finish first unless injuries happened.

though the potential upside relative to draft position may be better than the others.

the reality is.... there may be too many mouths to feed there. 

Think about that.

I think if you can draft A Brown as a wr4, I wouldn’t be concern about how many mouths to feed. 

Thanks w 

On 9/2/2021 at 10:16 AM, AxeElf said:

I don't think I've drafted a WR lower than #20 yet

You drafted TreQuan.

1 minute ago, nobody said:

Can someone bet Axe that TreQuan won't be a top 25 receiver?

Make it happen cap’n 

8 minutes ago, nobody said:

Can someone bet Axe that TreQuan won't be a top 25 receiver?

Not sure I'd take that bet.  I've been drafting him to the end of my bench in best-ball leagues, but I wouldn't want to depend on trotting him out weekly.

I'd bet a Benjamin he has at least four (4) 20+ point PPR games, though...

I'll go Brown because there are 2 paths to be a huge payoff at current ADP.

1.  He was one of the best WR's in the history of football.  He comes back this year and shows that he is still one of the best in the game.  He was starting to click at the end of last year scoring a TD in pretty much every game.  

2.  Godwin or Evans miss time.  I think that it is safe to assume that both of those two will miss some games.  Every game that Godwin or Evans are out Brown becomes an auto start.  How many auto starts do you find in the 9th round?

13 minutes ago, BobSanders_33 said:

He was one of the best WR's in the history of football.

Maybe Ben Roethlisberger was just one of the best QBs in the history of football...?

On 9/4/2021 at 9:29 PM, AxeElf said:

Maybe Ben Roethlisberger was just one of the best QBs in the history of football...?

He’s good, but he’s no Tommy Maddox.

The answer to the OPs question is Brown.  And it’s not even close.

The only reason I prefer Evans ever so slightly is because of the amount of redzone targets he got from Brady. Maybe OJ Howard takes some targets away but I doubt it considering how succesful the connection was last season. If it ain't broke don't fix it. 

I don’t think it’s broke, but it could be even better, I think A Brown and it’s an easy pick.