Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

7th pick

As usual, I drew (IMO) the worst possible pick in the draft.  

These guys will be gone:

CMAC, Henry, Cook, Kamara, Zeke.

I can see the 6th pick being one of Barkley, Adams, Jones, or Kelce

So at 7, I'm looking at one of those options, or Hill.  Honestly, none of those seem worthy of the 7th pk.  

Barkley is coming off injury

Aaron Rodgers is the biggest vulture of 1yd TDs in history, so Jones's upside is limited

Adams and Hill would be ok, but then I'm looking at someone like Mixon, Harris, Ekeler, etc being RB1.

Going TE has you playing catch up the rest of the draft, and going QB is ridiculous

One of these years I'll get a top 2 pick.  Hasn't happened since the mid 90s, so I'm due.....

If you do more than one draft per year, you increase your chances of getting a favorable draft position dramatically.

31 minutes ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Aaron Rodgers is the biggest vulture of 1yd TDs in history, so Jones's upside is limited

What, you think RB2 and RB5 (Jones' finishes the last two seasons--with Rodgers as his QB) demonstrate "limited upside"?  I guess there's not much room to improve on RB2...  but hey, I'll take RB5 as a floor if I'm picking 7th.

Jones would be the pearl there, but yeah, then it gets dicey.  Barkley or Hill represent two paths diverging, and the one you choose will set the tone for the rest of your draft.  Just don't be stupid and take a TE.

I'm drafting 6th tonight.  Was back and forth between Adams and Jones.  Going Jones, but I would go Adams @ 7 if those first 6 RBs are off the board (especially in full PPR).   You could still snag a low Rb-1/high-rb 2 in the 2nd and Adams will help you make up the point differential. 

3 minutes ago, CH42 said:

Adams will help you make up the point differential.

Maybe, if he can continue to score on 12.1% of his targets like he did last year.

There are a lot of people who feel that scoring on 1 out of every 8 targets is an unrealistic expectation for 2021, however.

OP if i May , what size league and non ppr , or ppr? 

I would take Jones or Hill.

Jones has finished 5th and 2nd over the past two years, to me that should earn top 5 status. But I get why Zeke goes ahead of him.

Cobb should take targets away from Adams.

Still don’t know if any KC WR will step up as the number 2.

Funchess isn’t on the team 

I've got the seventh pick in tonights draft, 14 team PPR league, and I'm taking Barkley. If he stays healthy the guy will be a stud and a top 10 RB.

Yeah, not the best of draft positions this year. Of those that have already been listed I'd have to take Aaron Jones. O-line has some issues but Jones WILL get plenty of touches. Rodgers and Dillon will take Goal line tds from Jones but he'llake up for that during the season. He can catch the ball. Rodgers future in GB uncertain so he may want to handcuff the ball a little more and not take so.many chance of getting hurt if he wants to go somewhere else. Take Jone and don't look back. You'll still get a top WR coming back in the 2nd.

With the Rodgers situation I think the Packers should be an interesting team to follow this season. 

3 hours ago, Lions_slappy said:

I've got the seventh pick in tonights draft, 14 team PPR league, and I'm taking Barkley.

Over Derrick Henry, Ezekiel Elliott, Christian McCaffery, Dalvin Cook, Aaron Jones and Alvin Kamara?

You might live to regret that.

If your dead set on going RB I don’t see how you consider anyone other than either A. Jones or Chubb.  If you go WR I’d only consider Adams, Hill at 7.  

15 hours ago, weepaws said:

OP if i May , what size league and non ppr , or ppr? 

Hey Wee.  10 team ppr.  

Axe, I'm in other leagues.  One's a keeper, the other IDK my draft spot yet.  

I'm leaning on rolling the dice on Barkley.  If Jones is there, he or Adams are probably the safest though

1 hour ago, RedzoneMonster said:

If your dead set on going RB I don’t see how you consider anyone other than either A. Jones or Chubb.  If you go WR I’d only consider Adams, Hill at 7.  

I'm not dead set on anything.  But after 2 rounds, I'd be looking at like Jones/Ridley vs Adams/Harris.  I just think RB in the 1st makes more sense.  I could be (and usually am) wrong though

Ten team ppr, I would go wr, Adams/ Hill. 

Thanks w 

36 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Ten team ppr, I would go wr, Adams/ Hill. 

Thanks w 

Then what there 3rd/4th ?

4 minutes ago, plasma george said:

Huh? 

15 minutes ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

thanks guys.  drafting now.  Zeke fell to me!

I thought you said you were taking Barkley...?

12 minutes ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

I figured Zeke would be gone.  Jones went 6th btw

Yeah.  See, that's my point.  You never plan on taking a particular guy.  You take what the draft gives you.  Sometimes it's the #2 RB with the 7th pick.

6 hours ago, plasma george said:

Sorry I thought you meant go WR/WR With first two picks 

then what would his RBs look like ?

Gotcha. 

Thanks w

Just found out I have 7th in my 10 team PPR as well. I've always hated that spot too.  Really wanna go WR/WR but it leaves you at such a handicap at RB. Just gotta take what the draft gives you tho.

10 team league is a small league, you can easly go Adams or Hill round one and get a rb1 in the second.  

Thanks w

HI all, I had 7th pick in 10 team standard draft:  A few players got picked ahead of me but thought I did ok.

Kamara fell to 7th and then Barkley fell for 14th pick with Adams and T Hill right before me.  Felt good about Metcalf in 3rd round and was going to pick AJ Brown in 4th round but he got picked right before me so went with Waller.  Then went with Woods (we play 3 WR's) and then Rodgers as there was a run on QB's.  

Looks like you have a lot of republicans on the team😁

It's an older league that is a bit boring, we haven't changed rules for over 10 years most likely.  Just a plain old standard league with only drops and pick-ups weekly so we carry enough slots on our roster to cover byes and injuries.