AxeElf

College Football 2021

Darn it anyway, Nebraska was also to beating the third best team in CF Mich St.  

Go Big Red.  

Just watched this game from last night...  Anyone see this?  Shades of "He did what??"

How about the UNR Wolfpack taking names and kicking arse on the blue turf at Boise st.  

They should easily move into the top 20. 

Thank you Jesus.  

Nebraska at this very moment is beating up Northwestern, if they keep this up tonight a top ten ranking is coming.  

Go Big Red.  

13 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

Targeting in college has to change. 

What do you think, Flags or two hand touch? 

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

What do you think, Flags or two hand touch? 

I understand trying to protect players but kicking players out is ridiculous.

5 hours ago, nobody said:

No way.  Nevada-Reno is going to have all the top 10 spots to themself.

Hey don’t even think about jumping on this wagon, go get your own CF team.  

2 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

I understand trying to protect players but kicking players out is ridiculous.

Concur 

Said it before and I'll say it again...

Having YouTubeT V is freaking awesome!

I wouldn't expect much from Connecticut (winless in their last 7 games) at Vanderbilt (winless in their last 8 home games), but since YouTube TV automatically records every college football game for me, I can sit here on a Wednesday evening and catch this action that I never would have seen otherwise.

It gets good about a minute in, when the UConn QB gets called for intentional grounding on 3rd and 9, bring up 4th and 19.  With a last-gasp pass (that barely clears a blitzing defender's hand at launch), the receiver beats double coverage to convert a 1st down with a circus catch--and two plays later, UConn is in the end zone to take the lead with 1:07 to play.  It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen--that ended up not mattering anyway.  Here's the Readers' Digest version...

1 hour ago, rallo said:

Texas just imploding here... 

Game of the year so far.  Highlights on YouTube.

10 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Game of the year so far.  Highlights on YouTube.

I don’t know the Ole Miss-Arkansas game today is right up there…

I complained about a former Wisconsin qb vs a current Wisconsin qb, but that pails in qb futility compared to a former Wisconsin coach vs a current Wisconsin coach.

After Nebraska destroys Michigan today they’ll be voted into the top ten.  

Go Big Red.  

1 hour ago, Serenity Now said:

I complained about a former Wisconsin qb vs a current Wisconsin qb, but that pails in qb futility compared to a former Wisconsin coach vs a current Wisconsin coach.

Why would you compare buckets?

Come on Big Red hold unto this lead.  

13 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Come on Big Red hold unto this lead.  

Michigan wins Big Red loses. All is as it should be…

1 hour ago, Serenity Now said:

Michigan is overrated, Nebraska still sucks, all is normal in college football.

You're wrong.  Both are two of the better teams in the country, Nebraska just doesn't have the win-loss record to prove it but they're right there with the top teams, played real close with Oklahoma, Michigan State, and Michigan; only one play or a couple of kicks away from winning all three of those.

No victory this week for Nebraska, but it’s unto the next game. 

Now look at UNR , kicking some butt tonight, looks like a top twenty ranking coming up. 

Go Wolfpack.  

7 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

Michigan is overrated, Nebraska still sucks, all is normal in college football.

Michigan is definitely not in the level you would consider "top 10", but so far this season I can't come close to finding 10 legit teams anyway. They'll lose at the very least at PSU and OSU, and I'll be surprised if they win in East Lansing. 

Down goes Bama!   Love it!!    Iowa is legit!!  If they win out and OSU wins out, would make for a heulluva Big 10 Championship and winner gets in the CFP!   Georgia looks like the class of the field!!    Don't look now but the Bearcats are on the rise!!   They NEED Notre Dame to keep winning!!    

20 minutes ago, Maulers1973 said:

Down goes Bama!   Love it!!    Iowa is legit!!  If they win out and OSU wins out, would make for a heulluva Big 10 Championship and winner gets in the CFP!   Georgia looks like the class of the field!!    Don't look now but the Bearcats are on the rise!!   They NEED Notre Dame to keep winning!!    

As a Hawkeye fan, they need to figure out this offense. Everyone knows that they want to run the ball, and throw it over the top to LaPorta. They will have a hard time keeping up with someone like OSU, or anyone that can put up 30...

That said, stout d, best punter and potentially best place kicker in the country can keep them in most games.

Chris Rodriguez out of Kentucky and Drake London from USC are my favorite RB and WR at this point. :pointstosky: :first:

On 10/10/2021 at 4:17 AM, ZeroTolerance said:

Michigan is definitely not in the level you would consider "top 10", but so far this season I can't come close to finding 10 legit teams anyway. They'll lose at the very least at PSU and OSU, and I'll be surprised if they win in East Lansing. 

I’ll never believe Michigan is anything better than mid tier until they prove it. Always the same story with them.

OSU looks like they’ve figured out most of their offensive problems, but I’m not convinced the defense is going to get to the level it’ll need to be to win a title.

I would like to see Cincinnati make it to the playoffs this year. They look like one of the better non power 5 teams we’ve seen in a while, and I don’t see a truly dominant team in the power 5. Some will argue Georgia, but I’m still not sold they’re as good as some of the recent Bama, Clemson or Ohio State teams have been.

7 hours ago, rallo said:

As a Hawkeye fan, they need to figure out this offense. Everyone knows that they want to run the ball, and throw it over the top to LaPorta. They will have a hard time keeping up with someone like OSU, or anyone that can put up 30...

That said, stout d, best punter and potentially best place kicker in the country can keep them in most games.

Penn State losing their QB in the first half (up 17-3 at the time) definitely helped Iowa. The replacement QB was actually 4th string (2nd and 3rd QBs left in the transfer portal this summer), and it showed.

A loss is a loss, but assuming Clifford's (#1 QB) injury isn't serious a rematch in December is quite possible.

On 10/7/2021 at 3:29 PM, AxeElf said:

A person can get away with circus plays like that in youth football and crappy conferences like sec-that wouldn't fly in the Pac 12.

1 hour ago, huskyhater75 said:

A person can get away with circus plays like that in youth football and crappy conferences like sec-that wouldn't fly in the Pac 12.

LHUCKS?

Horrible game from Nebraska today, so onto the nest one.  

One must be in the top ten , too still be in the top ten. 

Thanks. 

Sounds personal. 

UNR with a big 17 point win over that yearly power house Hawaii. 

Top twenty is coming soon. 

• Like 1

I may have been wrong about Iowa!   lol   

Who is the leading Heisman candidate?    Bryce Young?   

2 hours ago, Maulers1973 said:

I may have been wrong about Iowa!   lol   

Who is the leading Heisman candidate?    Bryce Young?   

I'd have to say a RB or a WR this year? I haven't paid any attention to the defensive side of things. Maybe someone there is in the running? But no way it can go to a QB this year. At least I wouldn't think so.

I got a couple buddies that play in IDP leagues, and they are salivating over this year's draft class. I haven't asked about anyone specific though.

I think the Heisman will go to Young, Stroud or Williams. One of them is going to be given a lot of credit for turning around a potentially lost season, and making them look like the team that can put up points against Georgia's defense.

Yeah, it always goes to the best player on the winningest team.  That automatically puts a Bama player in the front running!   I guess Stroud could be in consideration, but I still think my Buckeyes will lose another game or 2.  Stroud hasn't learned to adjust to substantial pressure, and the defense is still way to young!!