AxeElf

College Football 2021

1 hour ago, Maulers1973 said:

Yeah, it always goes to the best player on the winningest team.  That automatically puts a Bama player in the front running!   I guess Stroud could be in consideration, but I still think my Buckeyes will lose another game or 2.  Stroud hasn't learned to adjust to substantial pressure, and the defense is still way to young!!    

As a fellow Buckeye fan, I completely agree that Stroud and this team have a long way to go. However, I thought this team was done after the first couple of weeks, but they seem to have a pulse. They’re at least kicking the crap out teams they should, which something they’re weren’t doing early on. As far as Stroud, he hasn’t faced much pressure recently, but he’s not missing open receivers like was early in the year. Glass half full mindset? Absolutely! The 2014 team was pretty much declared dead after losing to Virginia Tech, so I’m still holding out hope. We know the skill positions on this team are championship caliber, and I hope that the coaching staff can help the young qb and defense make a similar turn around.

"Did you ever have a matterbaby?"

"What's a matterbaby?"

"Nothin'; what's a matter with you?"

That joke made some impression on me early in elementary school, so when I started hearing "matterbaby" being called during an NFL football game to which I was peripherally attending, it caught my attention.  I finally figured out they were calling the name of Josh Imatorbhebhe of the Jacksonville Jaguars, whose last name is pronouced "a-matter-bay-bay."

I am even more delighted to learn that he has a brother, Daniel Imatorbhebhe, who is coming into his own as a TE transfer from USC to my alma mater, Kansas State.

Great come from behind win today for the 'Cats, too.

Tough two point road lost for UNR. Unto the next game. 

16 hours ago, nobody said:

Just noticed the Wake Forest vs Army score.  70-56.  18 total TDs.

Give them the 9 OTs from PSU/Illinois and you'd have your standard NBA final score. 

4 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Give them the 9 OTs from PSU/Illinois and you'd have your standard NBA final score. 

Not with the way they do the OT now from the third quarter on…

You guys seem to follow college football a lot more than I do.  Tampa will need to address the backfield, OL, & DL in next years draft.  Who's likely to be that at #32 that I should look out for?

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You guys seem to follow college football a lot more than I do.  Tampa will need to address the backfield, OL, & DL in next years draft.  Who's likely to be that at #32 that I should look out for?

Not real sure cause I don’t look at mocks much, but I don’t project this being a strong RB class. I think you could very easily have your pick of the liter at 32. I think some of the classes in the coming years will be a lot stronger with earlier round talent.

On 10/24/2021 at 11:42 AM, posty said:

Not with the way they do the OT now from the third quarter on…

???????????? Thanks, dumbest statement on the board this month.

Just now, huskyhater75 said:

???????????? Thanks, dumbest statement on the board this month.

You obviously haven't been reading your or HT's posts...

1 minute ago, posty said:

You obviously haven't been reading your or HT's posts...

And just what sense does "you obviously haven't been reading your or HT's post" supposed to mean-how do we decipher THAT drivel? WTH? Are you drunk?

15 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

Not real sure cause I don’t look at mocks much, but I don’t project this being a strong RB class. I think you could very easily have your pick of the liter at 32. I think some of the classes in the coming years will be a lot stronger with earlier round talent.

My guess at this point then would be that the Bucs will do what they did last year and spend the first two picks on OL/DL depth and target the RB's in the 3rd round.

Today in Nevada we celebrate Nevada day.  

Tonight we enjoy the biggest college football game of the entire season.  

UNR Vs UNLV And it’s for the Cannon.  

Lets go Wolfpack.  

• Like 1

Yesssssss.  We take the Cannon.   Go Wolfpack.   

• Like 1

Another disappointment from Nebraska today. It’s unto the next game.   

On 10/30/2021 at 8:09 PM, weepaws said:

Another disappointment from Nebraska today. It’s unto the next game.   

Same this week also. 

But the UNR Wolfpack went down to San Jose and won,, top twenty is next.  

Next game.  

Tough lost for UNR Vs one of the top four teams in CF despite San Diego St current ranking. 

Unto the next game. 

UNR loses a tough one to a top ten teams named Air Force.  

And Nebraska loses also to another top ten team Wisconsin. 

On to the next game.  

Tough week.  

Nebraska is favorite over Iowa , who they have lost to the last six attempts. 

Go Big Red.  

Now seven attempts, darn it any way, I win over a top five team like Iowa today would have put Nebraska in the top 20. 

Another tough lost.  

21 hours ago, SF Forty Niners said:

WSU (Pullman ) cougars beat Washington  for AppleCup

big win 👍

YUP, you gotta like that. Also, the varsity game of the Pac 12 was played today with Oregon beating OSU. It also styuns me that the espn honks have COMPLETELY forgotten that Oregon went to "mighty" ohio state and kicked their @$$ at THEIR place..........but I guess that is proof of the true east coast bias in college football.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

YUP, you gotta like that. Also, the varsity game of the Pac 12 was played today with Oregon beating OSU. It also styuns me that the espn honks have COMPLETELY forgotten that Oregon went to "mighty" ohio state and kicked their @$$ at THEIR place..........but I guess that is proof of the true east coast bias in college football.

Totally agree 👍

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SF Forty Niners said:

Totally agree 👍

And good luck and good health to your 49ers in the future, man they've had it way too  tough.

• Like 1

Congratulations to the Nebraska Cornhuskers, who on Saturday became the first team in college football history to lose 9 games by single digit margins in the same season!

(Sorry, you don't get a ring for that; just a choker.)

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Congratulations to the Nebraska Cornhuskers, who on Saturday became the first team in college football history to lose 9 games by single digit margins in the same season!

(Sorry, you don't get a ring for that; just a choker.)

Red eyes, that took place on Friday, you just couldn’t see it.  

Take care.  

UNR destroys power house Colorado State, oh boy that should move them right into the top 20. 

Go Wolf Pack. 

Anybody see this fake punt in the Army/Navy game today?  Notice how the linebacker (Fagot) who ran the ball on the fake looked like he was surprised by the snap?  He was.  lol

He said in a post-game interview that he didn't know it was coming.  He missed the call or the audible or whatever, but still managed to not only handle the snap, but take the ball off-tackle, run through one defender and hurdle another for the first down.  American military training, I guess...

I don’t know if anyone else watching the Rose Bowl, but this first half is bat bleep crazy…

This seems almost too unbelievable to be true, but I thought I heard them say that until today's Fiesta Bowl, Oklahoma State had never overcome a 21 point deficit to win (they were down 28-7 in the 2nd quarter), and Notre Dame had never given up a 21 point advantage to lose.

I don't understand how Alabama can be the SEC Champion, if Georgia--a team IN the SEC--is the National Champion.