Sign in to follow this  
wolves111

S/F RB's

Did I miss the memo? Again? Every year the 49er's rb's get hype. And on cue they blow. Seriously, in the last 5-10 years how many of their backs did you ride to a title?

Mostert? Sermon? Pease.

Hope your fellow team owners draft them.

4 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

Did I miss the memo?

Looks like.

He battled injuries in 2020, but in 2019, Mostert was a scoring machine, the second-best in the league in rushes per touchdown.  He had 12 TDs in his final 9 games, leading the NFL in that span, and was 2nd in rushing yards, scoring more fantasy points than Christian McCaffery.  He led all RBs (minimum 100 carries) in percentage of rushes that went for 5+ yards and 10+ yards, and was 4th-best in fantasy points per touch.  He was 2nd among RBs in yards per rush before first contact, and top 10 in yards per rush after first contact.  And he plays in an offense that is top 5 in the league in both rush percentage and red zone rush percentage.

So I dunno, 7th-8th round seems fair, baking in the injury risk.

22 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Looks like.

He battled injuries in 2020, but in 2019, Mostert was a scoring machine, the second-best in the league in rushes per touchdown.  He had 12 TDs in his final 9 games, leading the NFL in that span, and was 2nd in rushing yards, scoring more fantasy points than Christian McCaffery.  He led all RBs (minimum 100 carries) in percentage of rushes that went for 5+ yards and 10+ yards, and was 4th-best in fantasy points per touch.  He was 2nd among RBs in yards per rush before first contact, and top 10 in yards per rush after first contact.  And he plays in an offense that is top 5 in the league in both rush percentage and red zone rush percentage.

Yeah good job cherry picking 2019. The last five seasons he's played in 8, 16(2019), 9, 11, 3. For his career he averages less than 10 games/year. For seven different teams. Point is the media hype the 49ert's rb's every year and they under perform. Every year.

So that's twice I've explained my thoughts to you. You may be good at FF but your reading comprehension sucks.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

your reading comprehension sucks

Says the guy who din't seem to catch the injury risk baked into Mostert's ADP.

If he played every game, he'd be a first round pick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolves111 said:

Yeah good job cherry picking 2019. The last five seasons he's played in 8, 16(2019), 9, 11, 3. For his career he averages less than 10 games/year. For seven different teams. Point is the media hype the 49ert's rb's every year and they under perform. Every year.

So that's twice I've explained my thoughts to you. You may be good at FF but your reading comprehension sucks.

9er fan here. Mostert only became ft starter after starting out on special teams. So 5 year average is not the most valid either. He’s productive but not a workhorse. Kyle Shanahan offenses usually have strong running averages. That’s where the hype comes from. Rbbc but one you can use.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Says the guy who din't seem to catch the injury risk baked into Mostert's ADP.

If he played every game, he'd be a first round pick.

Let it go. You're dying on a hill that you can't defend. Sometimes we're wrong. 

Today's your day.

28 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

Today's your day.

Curious what you think I'm wrong about.

You axed if you had missed the memo.

I said you had, and filled you in.

I don't appear to have been wrong...?

Sermon pick up later then Mostert wait a few games, Mostert goes down, you have a flex / rb2. Gallman was even shipped out so there goes another one already.  

Thanks w 

57 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

Today's your day.

I don’t get it. You came on asking if you missed anything. Multiple people geve reason why there might be value there. You ignore their reasoning and just say they are wrong. Why did you ask the question if you already had your mind made up?

9 hours ago, skinsrule05 said:

I don’t get it. You came on asking if you missed anything. Multiple people geve reason why there might be value there. You ignore their reasoning and just say they are wrong. Why did you ask the question if you already had your mind made up?

Still waiting for an answer to my question. How many titles in the last 5-10 years did you ride the S/F' RB's to?

Anyone?

Crickets.

7 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

Still waiting for an answer to my question. How many titles in the last 5-10 years did you ride the S/F' RB's to?

I honestly couldn't tell you, and I'm not doing the research, but people who had Mostert at the end of 2019 can probly say at least one.

I would love to have a healthy Mostert on my fantasy team.

He's kind of like a poor man's Jamaal Charles.

Unfortunately, the injury risk is extremely high

Like I said, take Sermon and enjoy the late round benefits 

Thanks w

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Like I said, take Sermon and enjoy the late round benefits 

Thanks w

Very impressed . All the Sermon has been talking about you and you still give him props. Good for you Weepaws.

It’s a rushing offense that will produce every week and both running backs are coming at flex prices. If one takes the job he’ll produce at rb1 levels. Freeman and Coleman were key cogs in titles runs for people in this offense. If a back stays healthy, championships will be won from this back field.

• Thanks 1

Agreed

Thanks w

On 9/4/2021 at 5:11 PM, wolves111 said:

and that would be why few people consider him a RB1 or even a high end RB2.

Health has always been the biggest issue with him.

When hes in the lineup he usually produces reasonably well and has had brief periods where hes produced exceptionally well.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2021 at 8:16 AM, wolves111 said:

Anyone?

Crickets.

Is it possible you're asking the wrong question? People aren't drafting Mostert or Sermon or any SF RB this year as a hero RB to ride to a title. Nobody. He's a 7th round pick. The better question to ask might be whether, given the history of SF RBs, is it worth it to draft them and, if so, in what round? That's a good question, and the question is always specific to the RB and the round he's being drafted in. So for this year, is Mostert worth a 7th round pick? That's a relevant question. 

25 minutes ago, bfros said:

Is it possible you're asking the wrong question? People aren't drafting Mostert or Sermon or any SF RB this year as a hero RB to ride to a title. Nobody. He's a 7th round pick. The better question to ask might be whether, given the history of SF RBs, is it worth it to draft them and, if so, in what round? That's a good question, and the question is always specific to the RB and the round he's being drafted in. So for this year, is Mostert worth a 7th round pick? That's a relevant question. 

Agreed. My consternation however comes from the inane comments from the clueless broads on NFL Live everyday going ape #### over the 49er's rbs. Pisses me off their on there anyway because all they do is parrot statistics. I know. I'm an old curmudgeon but they don't belong in any football relevant job. Used to enjoy witching that show every night but the liberal media killed that.

1 hour ago, wolves111 said:

Agreed. My consternation however comes from the inane comments from the clueless broads on NFL Live everyday going ape #### over the 49er's rbs. Pisses me off their on there anyway because all they do is parrot statistics. I know. I'm an old curmudgeon but they don't belong in any football relevant job. Used to enjoy witching that show every night but the liberal media killed that.

I would say to never base your rankings on what tv personalities are saying. 

As far as SF RB value, I got Sermon in the 8th as my RB4. I like the value because I can see a path for him to be a serviceable RB2 later in the year. Take that for what you will. 

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

And suddenly an episode of "Family Guy" breaks out.

Huh. Surprised you get cable in mom's basement.

On 9/5/2021 at 7:25 AM, AxeElf said:

I honestly couldn't tell you, and I'm not doing the research, but people who had Mostert at the end of 2019 can probly say at least one.

This is correct.  He helped me to a title in 2019.

And, yes, he’s every bit worth having when he’s getting enough touches in that offense.

And for the OP, he’s not someone I’m targeting because there’s too much risk for my taste, but that’s me.  You gotta read all these replies, and do you.

47 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

Surprised you get cable in mom's basement.

She says hi and hopes you've been drinking your prune juice.

Hunch if Mostert stays healthy with that solid SF O-Line in run blocking, it plays out similar to the Browns tandem, ....reason I drafted both Sermon & Mostert in back to back picks ....

Picking two Rbs the same team seems redundant since Mostert is a IR monster as one posted on another tread  

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

Picking two Rbs the same team seems redundant since Mostert is a IR monster as one posted on another tread  

that actually makes his strategy make more sense.  if Mostert gets hurt the remaining RB could be the clearcut starter (assuming he picked the right guy)

That’s why I think it’s a simple matter of just picking Sermon if one thanks Mostert is an IR monster.  

Thanks w

On 9/4/2021 at 6:42 PM, AxeElf said:

Looks like.

Yeah well that didn't take long did it?

6 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

Yeah well that didn't take long did it?

honestly this was even worse than my worst case scenario with this guy.

hes out with a torn Vagina again.   poor bastard.

How is it even possible to "chip" cartilage?  I thought it was kind of soft, like chipping a lemon peel.

This guy is so injury prone, he's inventing new injuries.

And to put up 20 yards on your first 2 carries before you go out for the season is just rubbing salt in our wounds.  If he was as durable as Derrick Henry, he'd be the overall #1 pick.

Basically if you're a RB and you play for the 49ers or the Ravens, it's the equivalent of being the guy in the red shirt on Star Trek.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

honestly the 49'ers have had injury problems for the team as a whole for a long time.

Either they have terrible terrible luck, or they need to hire a new trainer or something who can find a way to keep the injuries to a minimum.

seriously, look at their injuries over the last 4-5 years.  its been beyond horrible.  They had the one year where most of them stayed healthy and they made the superbowl, but outside of that, its been a parade of injuries.

something is going on there.   Maybe its the red shirt thing.  even if its not Star Trek.

Not sure.   but something is going on there.

4 hours ago, skinsrule05 said:

Ha, I'm assuming you are joking, or you don't give a sh!t about that league.

I am very serious. Won the bid by 2%

On 9/5/2021 at 5:16 AM, wolves111 said:

Anyone?

Crickets.

Well, in the 2011-2012 season, Frank Gore rushed for over 1,200 yards and 8 TD's. I dare say there were a few league champions who had Gore that year.

2 minutes ago, FantasyRetard said:

Well, in the 2011-2012 season, Frank Gore rushed for over 1,200 yards and 8 TD's. I dare say there were a few league champions who had Gore that year.

That, and his question has literally zero bearing on the year 2021.

• Like 1